The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we really blame good Canadian boys for not wanting to play in Canada?

zikw1v41gtkryzzlshdm.jpg

This is an actual issue now.

1) Lupul didn't take kindly to that and called TSN the poor man's TMZ over Twitter.

2) I guess James Duthie apologized on air, I don't know as I wasn't watching.

3) The guy who tweeted it said it was a joke and didn't think it would get on tv.

4) A law firm representing Lupul, Phaneuf and Elisha Cuthbert (Phaneuf's wife) are seeking an apology and damages from TSN (and allegedly the guy who tweeted it).

Bonus round) This isn't the first time TSN's tweet to screen system filter didn't work. Last year's draft there was a tweet shown that said Leon "The Final Solution" Draisaitl.

Suing the guy who tweeted it? Cmon, it's clearly a joke. Will Canada wheel out their civil rights tribunal for this, too?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

The Leafs are currently playing the Florida Panthers. Roberto Luongo got hurt earlier in the game, and left Al Montoya to take his spot. Montoya hurt his groin on the second Leafs' goal, and is essentially playing on one leg at the moment. He had to leave the game at one point.

The Florida Panthers' goalie coach is suited up right now. Seriously.

In fairness, it wouldn't be his first time...

001000164.jpg

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Let's take a minute to understand the fact that someone hired Robb Tallas as their goaltending coach.

what the hell is ccslc?

David Clarkson joins the Blue Jackets and tears an oblique muscle in his third game. WTF did we anger and what do we have to do end this assault?

It's comical at this point. As a fan we have no control over anything. Your team is just as likely to come in first place of most man games lost to injury as it is to win the Stanley Cup. I mean, somebody has to take each one. Of course, my team is the former while the latter goes to the same A-holes again and again.

PvO6ZWJ.png

If the same thing happened to the Lightning at home, and two other guys couldn't make it, and I wasn't at work that day I'm the guy who would be in the Tallas situation. Also ECHL Florida and Orlando would have to be away or only have goalies present that are already under contract to NHL teams. So you're saying there's a chance...lol

In other recently traded, now injured news it looks like Connolly is out a while with a broken hand suffered in his first Bruins practice.

David Clarkson joins the Blue Jackets and tears an oblique muscle in his third game. WTF did we anger and what do we have to do end this assault?

It's comical at this point. As a fan we have no control over anything. Your team is just as likely to come in first place of most man games lost to injury as it is to win the Stanley Cup. I mean, somebody has to take each one. Of course, my team is the former while the latter goes to the same A-holes again and again.

CURSED.... Wow, I've never seen so much bad luck...

zikw1v41gtkryzzlshdm.jpg

1) Lupul didn't take kindly to that and called TSN the poor man's TMZ over Twitter.

3) The guy who tweeted it said it was a joke and didn't think it would get on tv.

4) A law firm representing Lupul, Phaneuf and Elisha Cuthbert (Phaneuf's wife) are seeking an apology and damages from TSN (and allegedly the guy who tweeted it).

Bonus round) This isn't the first time TSN's tweet to screen system filter didn't work. Last year's draft there was a tweet shown that said Leon "The Final Solution" Draisaitl.

Lupul's week of goodies on social media has continued...

B_Q2v2cVAAAzJOD.jpg

The guy he's commenting towards remarked something very similar to the tweet in the quoted post, however went into much greater detail.

Go. Leafs. Go.

1425175351-U10338.png

zikw1v41gtkryzzlshdm.jpg

Lupul's week of goodies on social media has continued...

B_Q2v2cVAAAzJOD.jpg

The guy he's commenting towards remarked something very similar to the tweet in the quoted post, however went into much greater detail.

Go. Leafs. Go.

Is this even real? This is just too good to be true! :lol:

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Is it too much to ask to have a ten-loonie-per-hour intern physically read tweets before they are broadcast to millions of people? 140 or so characters? It's not exactly War and Peace.

Are the Leaf players finally snapping over the scrutiny, media and fans? Kessel and Phaneuf are more vocal and Lupul is starting internet fights.

I'm actually surprised that it's taken this long. If I were on this Leafs squad, I would've lost my cool a long time ago.

Also, Lupul needs to grow the :censored: up. He now looks like a complete douche, in addition to being a humorless prick.

Are the Leaf players finally snapping over the scrutiny, media and fans? Kessel and Phaneuf are more vocal and Lupul is starting internet fights.

Well, they went from their 10-1-1 Dec streak or whatever it was, to slumping & having their coach fired... & now they're playing hockey like it's 1912.

Phaneuf will probably demand a trade if he's not dealt by August. Kessel is probably a goner also because no one's gonna be good enough to get him the puck next season & might as well sell high while he's viable.

Leafs should also cool it on the captaincy front for 2015, don't need one. 3 guys with an A is fine for a couple seasons.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

I'm actually surprised that it's taken this long. If I were on this Leafs squad, I would've lost my cool a long time ago.

Also, Lupul needs to grow the :censored: up. He now looks like a complete douche, in addition to being a humorless prick.

While Lupul was a douche long before this I think he is 100% right here. People who don't have a clue what they are talking about always run their mouths and then hide behins their computers/phones. So for someone to finally call them out on what is one of the stupidest and most reoccurring rumours in sports is long overdue. Apparently anytime a player struggles it's because they've been fooling around with someone elses wife/gf on the team. There is zero base to any of this and people just run with it. Saw some guy write the other day" My buddy knows the doctor who works on his hands and he says it's true". Like I can't even comprehend the pure level of stupidity in that statement. People believe anythinf they hear. Anyways as a Leafs fan I despise both Phaneuf and Lupul but people really need to just shut up and stop trying to act like they are in the know.

Ps. 95% of that post is not directed at you. Rant over.

untitled-6.jpg

What does Lupul expect to get from court? What financial damages has he occurred as the result of a friggin' tweet?

Not that I'd agree but his argument would be potential lost of endorsements (not that he needs more money) as company's don't want any association with people involved in such would be scandals.

I'd say though it has more of an effect of Cuthbert, but the fact is they are reacting as most normal people would to wild allegations. For all you know they win their lawsuit for defamation and donate the money to charity (which I'd hope they would).

untitled-6.jpg

People say stupid things on Twitter. There's some guy there pretending to be Mike Cammalleri (@MikeyCamms23), with a description that says:

i spend all my money on :censored: and fine wine.

Should we expect Mike Cammalleri to take that seriously and subsequently sue the creator of it for :censored: and fine wine?

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived