The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't the Warriors have to downsize their arena to get it approved? I think I remember something about changes to the design that wouldn't make it hockey-friendly.

CapGeek founder Matthew Wuest passed away from colon cancer today.

http://metronews.ca/news/halifax/1318169/matthew-wuest-metro-halifax-sports-reporter-and-capgeek-founder-dies-of-cancer/

I don't mean to rag on him, especially since he's dead now, but it really bothers me how he just shut down the site like that. It was such a great resource, and he should've given the reins to someone else. I just find it kinda selfish that he didn't.

I think he had bigger things to worry about than handing the "reins to someone else" like, you know, cancer.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Detroit and Tampa would be a fun series to watch and I hope the standings hold so we get it.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Ottawa now sits just a point back of Boston, and four points back of Detroit. (with a game in hand and a game out of hand respectively) Both teams are slipping, and the Sens have what might be another huge game against the Red Wings at the end of the month.

If everything perfect happens, Ottawa takes the 3rd divisional spot, and Montreal drops to 2nd behind Tampa. That'd make for a great first round in itself.

Hate to admit it, but the Bruins are screwed. 4 losses in a row, and the next three opponents are the Bolts, Ducks, and Rangers. All really good teams and they'll be lucky to take one of the 3. And then there's the fact that the Sens are now 1 point behind with a game in hand. I haven't given up hope, but I don't really like their chances.

Ottawa can come back to the playoffs on the condition that this time their goal horn guy can let it go man geez okay we get it.

Are we sure he didn't die and his corpse lodged into the button last time?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Going to be a memorable finish in the west with all but two teams still in the hunt so late.

Oh, man. Ginormous win by the 'Nucks yesterday.

Even with one more head-to-head against them, the Kings (along with winning) have to hope Vancouver slips two points on their own (either through two OT/SO or one regulation loss) in order to catch them. Even then, they lose tiebreakers versus the Canucks, Flames and Wild, and very soon, Winnipeg. And with their upcoming trip through the New York/New Jersey complex and Shicawgaw to end March, the Kings might exit the Western playoff race once April arises.

Damn. Nice knowing all of 'ya.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned it before this season....the Kings' previous three seasons may be the biggest reason why they're sucking wind down the stretch. Most of their team has played 60-ish playoff games the past three springs, and they could be on fumes right about now.

These Jets, man. These Jets.

I can't believe Pavelec has been their savior in this stretch.

I read Gary Lawless's piece on how Schiefele might be a better center than RNH. He...might be right?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived