The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

I don't see them going out in first round, especially after being so close to the conference finals last year.

If Minnesota crosses over, they're out in the first. Most anyone else, the Ducks can handle.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Borderline goalie interference on Corey Perry against Tuukka Rask, but the Bruins have got to stop putting themselves in that position. I don't anticipate them making the playoffs, and if they do, they'll just get swept by Montreal.

With that said, I completely anticipate Peter Chiarelli trading David Pastrnak this offseason for a few third/fourth liners. You know, "characters guys."

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Of course Phoenix-Buffalo is a three-point game. Spread the wealth.

When you're 90% of the way through your season, and only one out of sixteen teams has clinched a playoff spot, you may want to re-evaluate your points system.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Sabres are getting upset the fans have started rooting against them. Can't say I agree with them. Sports are a business guys and if people don't like the way you're producing, they're gonna let you know.

http://deadspin.com/in-a-whole-new-low-buffalo-fans-cheer-sabres-loss-1694015501

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Of course Phoenix-Buffalo is a three-point game. Spread the wealth.

When you're 90% of the way through your season, and only one out of sixteen teams has clinched a playoff spot, you may want to re-evaluate your points system.

If the goal of the NHL is to increase revenue add intrigue towards late-March games in having 15 of 16 playoff slots still open, then goal accomplished. At least it's better here than in the NBA, where half the playoff spots are usually locked up by early-February.

Sabres are getting upset the fans have started rooting against them. Can't say I agree with them. Sports are a business guys and if people don't like the way you're producing, they're gonna let you know.

http://deadspin.com/in-a-whole-new-low-buffalo-fans-cheer-sabres-loss-1694015501

This is why I've never been a huge fan of tanking or deliberately rooting for your team to lose to maybe get a better pick. Sure, you might land the next generational talent, but what's more likely is you do serious harm to the culture inside the dressing room and around organization, which only creates more losing.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I expect things will be back to normal by July. The Sabres will be adding Jack Eichel, Sam Reinhart, Evander Kane, and competent goaltending, and everyone will be back on board again. Sabres fans are no dummies and the team seems to know what it's doing. I don't think there's going to be any sort of of long-term "toxic culture" out of this.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

As soon as they clinch 30th, everyone will go crazy cheering FOR them again. The best chance for a toxic long-term situation is (IMO, of course) if they go on some stupid winning streak and blow this thing. I would honestly hold a grudge against players who suddenly turned it on 90% of the way through a dumpster fire season.

I don't like it, but there's essentially no doubt that what is best for the team now is to lose five more games. I would feel too dirty to actually do it in the building, but I'm totally pumping my fists when the opposition scores for these last few games.

The Sabres' magic number is 5. 5 more regulation losses, and they'll be guaranteed 30th.

Lundqvist is off the IR so I started him in fantasy... aaaaaaaaand he's given up three goals in the first period. :censored:.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

ZOMG!!! DUCKS WIN TWO IN A ROW!!!!! PLAYOFF BERTHHH!!!!!! IM SO EXCITED FOR THE PLAYOFFFFFSSSSSSSSS!!!! WE'RE GONNA WIIIIINNNNNNNN!!!!

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Lightning lose Garrison and Paquette today. Garrison should be back by the playoffs but it looks like Dump Truck's leg is broken and he's done for the year. :censored: ing Detroit.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Archived