The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

I think it's funny to try to make an anthropomorphic flame with a grinning puck in it seem edgy by murdering people. Buncha humorless prigs over at Gawker.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean, it's the last ember from the great fire of 1864. It's just a product of its time. You can't judge it by today's standards of what is and is not murder. I'm sure compared to other flames from its own time period, it was very gentle to that fireman that it murdered.

John Tavares with his first goal and fourth point through four periods. Welcome back, old friend. I think every Islander goal has involved Tavares, Boychuk, or Nelson. This might get fun.

Isles gave up the lead, got it back in 31 seconds. Tavares with his fifth point.

Some haphazardly thrown-together thoughts:

Not liking Rogers' coverage at all. I thought HNIC would be a nice place to take refuge, but alas, no. It's just CBC attached to Sportsnet's puppet strings. They didn't even use the CBC theme! Speaking of which, with NHL on TSN on life support, the classic HNIC theme is all but dead. Damian Cox is a tool, and Strombo is just "ok" as a host (and blows when compared to Maclean). The "Sky Cam" is cool, but the ref one is gimmicky and never offers any really good views. And boo, Coach's Corner has been cut from seven minutes to five. Don called it "phasing him out", and Ron didn't look too happy to introduce "Coach's Corner...on Sportsnet". Also, call me Brian Burke all you want, but what's with all these high numbers? 46, 47, 50, 51, 67, 71, 81...oof

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Who needs Coach's Corner when Snuffleupagus is around to ask totes thoughtful questions to his bros over a bowl of mixed nuts?

Islanders might be lethal on the power play this year. Also, no way the Devils are this good. The Panthers must be this bad.

Ugh, Sens were robbed of a clear goal by the linesmen. MacArthur came in the zone with the puck, then slid it through Bishop on the breakaway, but it was called off after he had put it into the net on a late offside. Replay showed he was onside, but the Sens are still down a goal.

Ugh, Sens were robbed of a clear goal by the linesmen. MacArthur came in the zone with the puck, then slid it through Bishop on the breakaway, but it was called off after he had put it into the net on a late offside. Replay showed he was onside, but the Sens are still down a goal.

Considering the goalie stopped playing at the whistle it's hard to call that a clear goal.

Considering the goalie stopped playing at the whistle it's hard to call that a clear goal.

Bishop never really looked set, plus it was the Toaster on a breakaway. Maybe not a 100% goal, but a pretty bad call by the ref nontheless.

BztPdqmCIAAPo7_.jpg

Anyway, really happy to get the win, Karlsson had a really good game in both ends (Cowen again not so much.) It's an odd thing for a Sens fan to see Lehner beating Bishop in a shootout though. I really miss Dean Brown and Denis Potvin as well, I might get tired of the new commentary team (Bob Cole or not) and their "Robert" Lehner and "Chris" Lazar's.

I love NHL Game Center. I bought a subscription this season out of necessity, but I should've had one all along.

I'm going to watch so many more hockey games this year it'll be ridiculous. YOU GET EVERY GAME FOR 20 BUCKS A MONTH THAT'S NOTHING WE LIVE IN THE FUTURE THERE'S NEVER BEEN A BETTER TIME TO BE A HOCKEY FAN!

PvO6ZWJ.png

Who needs Coach's Corner

No one with an IQ over 50.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Sharks beat Winnipeg Jets 3-0.

Breakdown

SJ:

Goals: Vlasic, Hertl, Marleau.

Shots: 26

Stalock 30 saves in the Shutout win.

Sharks 0/9 on the PP.

WPG:

Goals: 0

Shots: 30

Pavlec 23-26 Saves

Byfuglien: 16 PIM (Goaltender Interference, Tripping, Unsportsmanlike Conduct, 10 Minute Misconduct)

I want to rant about the officiating in tonight's game, but it'll just turn into nonsense incoherent rambling, so I'll say this: HAND PASSES ARE ILLEGAL IN YOUR OWN ZONE YOU S**T FOR BRAINS LOUSY EXCISE FOR A REFEREE.

As you were.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Archived