The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

And the Sharks continue to not be able to hold leads. Columbus scores 2 goals in 1min 23sec and 3 goals in just over 5minutes. Blue Jackets lead Sharks 3-2. 2nd Intermission.

Not to mention this just continues the Sharks habit of starting strong, but oops-ing it up and not being able to finish. We'll see how the third period goes.

Also, Randy Hahn having a awful announcing day, in terms of accuracy.

Not that it matters. but the Sharks are in their "Black Armor" thirds tonight. I think the "armor" has some gaps... :)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After watching the Kings games at Staples so far this season, I've made up my mind on the new lighting. I hate it. I hated it when the Lakers did too. It feels empty. As if they're playing a scrimmage, instead of a meaningful game.

The Lakers went all dim to remind themselves of their old days at the Forum. The Kings did it to ripoff mimic how the Blackhawks light their rink at the UC. The Clippers? I don't know what plausible rationale they got going.

I don't think that's right. I believe it had something to do with Staples Center making that switch for ALL sporting events. Which is why both the Kings and Clippers both started this year.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

That's an early contender for best game of the young season.

The Hockey Gods provided justice on that dumb disallowed goal by giving the CBJ the winner with 20 seconds left. I love when things work out.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Sabres are on pace to score 92 goals this season.

Tommorow you play a team that's giving up 4 or more in 5 of 6 games. Resistible force meets movable object?

On the plus side, I expect the Sabres will see a LOT of backup goalies (like last season)... that should disguise their miserable-ness some.

So apparently the Devils PA guy doesn't announce the visiting scratches and starting lineup anymore so the fans can't yell "Sucks!" after every name is read. Good for the front office.

After watching the Kings games at Staples so far this season, I've made up my mind on the new lighting. I hate it. I hated it when the Lakers did too. It feels empty. As if they're playing a scrimmage, instead of a meaningful game.

The Lakers went all dim to remind themselves of their old days at the Forum. The Kings did it to ripoff mimic how the Blackhawks light their rink at the UC. The Clippers? I don't know what plausible rationale they got going.
I don't think that's right. I believe it had something to do with Staples Center making that switch for ALL sporting events. Which is why both the Kings and Clippers both started this year.

Yeah they switched to LED lights this year which are supposed to be more energy efficient. The Lakers always used different lighting than the Kings and Clippers, but I guess now they all use the same one. I can't say I'm a big fan and liked the old lighting better but whatever.

All Staples teams now use a similar lighting scheme, but not the same actual lights. The Lakers haven't switched to the LED lighting, so they're the only Staples team that os still wasting energy (probs cuz of tradition and DA BANNERS, as still mighty would say)

Bye bye Doug and Todd.

Whoa there. Stop trying to do an impression of me and the my feelings toward the St. Louis Cardinals :D

In a seriousness. I don't think it's time to panic. We've seen the Sharks with strong starts the last three seasons, and then they sputter in the playoffs. While starting strong is important, I'd much rather stumble early in the season than in the playoffs. The flipped of that is, if the Sharks continue to play like, they won't be in the playoffs. Tomorrow's game will be a good test at how much the Sharks adjust against a good, red-hot Ducks team.

The Sharks are just not very good against Buffalo. Losing four in a row isn't good, but we are only nine games into the season. If this was February, I'd be a bit more concerned.

Would anyone like a slightly used Kris Versteeg, or perhaps a partially-encrusted Brad Richards? Anyone? We'll throw in a vintage Michal Rozsival for no charge, but if you call now, we'll include not one, but TWO Daniel Carcillos*.

* - will be torn in half, some assembly required

Update:

Ladies and gentlemen, the Chicago Blackhawks:

6474484-green-deflated-balloon-isolated-

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Bye bye Doug and Todd.

Whoa there. Stop trying to do an impression of me and the my feelings toward the St. Louis Cardinals :D

In a seriousness. I don't think it's time to panic. We've seen the Sharks with strong starts the last three seasons, and then they sputter in the playoffs. While starting strong is important, I'd

much rather stumble early in the season than in the playoffs. The flipped of that is, if the Sharks continue to play like, they won't be in the playoffs. Tomorrow's game will be a good test at how much

the Sharks adjust against a good, red-hot Ducks team.

The Sharks are just not very good against Buffalo. Losing four in a row isn't good, but we are only nine games into the season. If this was February, I'd be a bit more concerned.

I'm mad because Wilson did absolutely nothing to improve the team this summer. He resigned Mike Brown and added a Buffalo Sabres reject(John Scott). This already includes that this team has Adam Burish already. Plus I'm not sure about putting Burns back at D. The defense has looked bad so far. McLellan against the Jackets had Burish's line out there in the final minute of a tie in the defensive zone. Sure enough we don't get any points that game. The next few games are BRUTAL. You have to wonder about their jobs over the next month.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

And the Sharks continue to not be able to hold leads. Columbus scores 2 goals in 1min 23sec and 3 goals in just over 5minutes. Blue Jackets lead Sharks 3-2. 2nd Intermission.

Not to mention this just continues the Sharks habit of starting strong, but oops-ing it up and not being able to finish. We'll see how the third period goes.

Also, Randy Hahn having a awful announcing day, in terms of accuracy.

Not that it matters. but the Sharks are in their "Black Armor" thirds tonight. I think the "armor" has some gaps... :)

I can't believe those jerseys haven't been scrapped completely after that embarrassing playoff collapse last year

Archived