The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scott Darling debuted for the Blackhawks tonight and his pads are amazing.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Scott Darling debuted for the Blackhawks tonight and his pads are amazing.

Also the first guy to play in the SPHL to make the NHL. First pro season in '07, good for him to keep climbing up the ladder.

All sorts of shenanigans in this Ducks Sharks game. Andersen has 6 career losses now, 3 to the Sharks.

Sharks were on a 2-8 run in Anaheim entering tonight, and hammer them one night after embarrassing themselves. I didn't watch the game, but there was a lot of fights at the end. I didn't see it since I was busy watching another team who is deep into the playoffs.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Ducks ended up with six players and John Gibson on the bench at one point late. Perry fought twice (and took over the all-time Ducks PIM lead from George Parros. I thought that was interesting.), Getzlaf fought twice, Tim Jackman "fought" John Scott twice, there were two different line brawls, Andersen entered a fray at one point. The whole thing was a gong show.

But I'm really over the refs jumping in on these fights. The linesman were jumping all over this stuff IMMEDIATELY. It wasn't even a wait it out and see if they can jump in. It was drop the gloves and grabbed by a linesman. Ben Lovejoy and Joe Pavelski got in a good scrap only because the refs were busy looking taking care of a bigger scrum, same with Getzlaf's second fight. I understand the refs have been told that if they can jump in, they should, but this crew was jumping in after guys had already grabbed each other and threw a punch. It's like they entered the game with the directive of trying to stop any and all fights.

The game got really heated so it became impossible, but honestly, I think the refs jumping in early on all these fights actually upped the tension. The Ducks were frustrated with how the game was going on the scoreboard, but they seemed to get more frustrated by the fact they couldn't get out the frustration with the fights. If it's going to happen, let it happen, let them get it out, and then it's over.

If this is the NHL trying to usher in its "no-fighting era", it's not going to work. Even if John Scott wasn't out there (seriously, WHY does this guy still have an NHL roster spot?), this was going to happen. I'm good with getting the goons out of the league, but fighting is going to stay around, and watching the referees try to smother it out is awful.

---

Anyways, the game itself, meh. The Sharks were motivated after losing to Buffalo and things just weren't working on the Ducks side. Out of sync, bounces not going their way. Just one of those games. Chicago, St. Louis, Dallas, Colorado roadie coming up, they've got to get that game out of the system quick.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Honestly, who the hell are these San Jose Sharks? One minute, they're as invincible against the likes of the Kings and Ducks, but the next and they're feeble against the likes of Buffalo. Buffalo!

The Sharks for some reason stink it up against Buffalo and no one is really sure why. Tonight's game for the Sharks, of the two periods I watched, the Sharks looked hungry and motivated. Probably their best 60-minute effort since the opener in Los Angeles.

It was 2-0 Sharks half way through the second when Hannan was called for High Sticking penalty on Vatanen and it looked like the Ducks were going to go on the Power Play. However, I don't know if it was Tim Peele or Trevor Hanson, but one or both of them gave Vatanen a Embellishment penalty so it became a 4-on-4. The next shift, Vlasic score against Andersen to make it 3-0 Shark. But the Ducks imploded after that. Getzlaf got mad and fought, Perry Fought. One of the "fights" was going to be Mirco Mueller vs Getzlaf, but that was one of the many times the linesman jumped in before either one could do anything.

Then third period like Still Mighty said - became a full fledged gong show. I have to say the embellishment penalty on Vatanen was pretty weak. I think that is pretty much the reaction you would have if a stick hits you in the face. Safe to say the Sharks-Duck rivalry is has once again been lit.

Pavelski even got into a fight! I kind wish Mueller would have duked it out with Getzlaf, but then again, I'm kind of glad he didn't. Not that Mueller couldn't handle himself, but I think Getzlaf is a pretty good fighter.

I also kept waiting for George Parros and his 'stache to enter the fracas in the third but then I realized he isn't a Duck anymore...

Yeah about John Scott, I saw on Twitter that maybe he could be in trouble for a 10 game ban for leaving the bench to join an altercation, but he probably came on for a line change. Obviously SJ fans want him suspended.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Yeah about John Scott, I saw on Twitter that maybe he could be in trouble for a 10 game ban for leaving the bench to join an altercation, but he probably came on for a line change. Obviously SJ fans want him suspended.

I thought he was already on the ice for a line change, but watching the highlights on NHLN it showed Scott jumping off the bench onto the ice and directly for one of the Duck's players, and that started the melee and pile up in the corner along the boards. Was John Scott coming on for a line change? Possibly. I also thought all this occurred before the drop of the puck to the ensuing face off, but if it was during play - he made no attempt to play the puck or hit a defender, he went old school "dum dum" goon right at a Ducks player so I'd have to think the Refs may have it right - that or not even they want Scott in the NHL... I think most may lean towards the latter.

I'm not up on the NHL rule book on if it's determined Scott came on for a line change what will happen.

Also, can anyone explain how 21 Penalty minutes, 3 Shots on Goal, 0 Goals, 0 Assists, 0 points and 5 hits in 6min 51sec of ice time in a losing effort is worthy of the game's 2nd star?

Edit: Here's the Ducks video feed of John Scott "leaving the bench" and the pile up in the corner. The linesman waves off an icing, then seconds later Scott and Jackman appear in the frame already engaged. Wait until end of video and they will show a replay of Scott jump over boards. Linesman's arm in up I think for the initial icing. Not sure it was a real "line brawl" but still crazy at the yard sale, and Anderson wrapping up Hertl and the Ref "Get back in your crease" lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhFi8SEKlLU

Yeah, he came on with a line change. The thing was that he got on the ice and made a bee line to Jackman. It looked like he came on the ice with no intention of playing out his shift and just getting Jackman. So I can see the argument for a suspension, but I also see how it could be swept under. (The fighting majors, the instigator, the game misconduct.)

Then third period like Still Mighty said - became a full fledged gong show. I have to say the embellishment penalty on Vatanen was pretty weak. I think that is pretty much the reaction you would have if a stick hits you in the face. Safe to say the Sharks-Duck rivalry is has once again been lit.

Definitely, it's fun. IMO, Ducks/Sharks has always been fun in California compared to Ducks/Kings or Sharks/Kings. With this game, I'm definitely more than considering driving up to San Jose on Nov. 29, the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Haven't been to the Tank in a while, and after tonight, could be a pretty fun game haha.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

George Stroumboulopoulos could be the James Dean of Canada. Hes cool, good looking, loves to go fast and gives off a rebel vibe. Host of CBC TVs popular George Stroumboulopoulos Tonight and CBC Radios The Strombo Show, Stroumboulopoulos is most content when experiencing life on the edge. This rebel however brings his passion to important social and environmental causes that take him to such far flung places from the high Arctic, the earthquake torn streets of Haiti to conflict-torn Sudan. The multiple Gemini awarding winning host has interviewed everybody from Richard Branson, Sarah Palin, Tom Cruise to Hillary Clinton and Coldplay. Stroumboulopoulos, now a vegan and who gave up booze and drugs twelve years ago, is happiest on his BMW F800 GS motorcycle, packed with fresh fruit, cruising the open road with his favourite music blaring. Scented pillows and butler service is not his style. You are more likely to find Stroumboulopoulos staying in a dive motel in a sketchy part of town singing Billy Idols Rebel Yell.

No, I'm sorry, people who look like that and act like that get my defenses up. No human being is this perfect and well-rounded. There's gotta be some darkness somewhere. Maybe he touches kids, I dunno.

Funny you say this. When I was in my final year of high school. 2006, there was this girl in my French class who went on a couple dates with him. She's some sort of model now, but the fact is she was barely legal at the time. He's one weird dude.

The CBC just had to fire the host of Q because he was getting into all sorts of weird non-consensual stuff with women twenty years his junior. Jian Ghomeshi issued this statement:

"I have always been interested in a variety of activities in the bedroom but I only participate in sexual practices that are mutually agreed upon, consensual, and exciting for both partners. ... Let me be the first to say that my tastes in the bedroom may not be palatable to some folks. They may be strange, enticing, weird, normal, or outright offensive to others. … But that is my private life. … And no one, and certainly no employer, should have dominion over what people do consensually in their private life.

In terms of both his appearance and program content, he seems to be the radio version of Strombo.

Man, I might be in the neighborhood on this one, you guys.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

OOOOH look at this comment on Jezebel:

Hi, fellow woman in her 20's here.

I will tell you a little story.

I went on a few dates with a fellow semi famous Torontonian who was in his early 40's (I was 23). He told me how funny I was, how interesting I was, how mature for my age I was, yadda yadda. He talked me into doing some really aggressive sex stuff one time, and the next time we hooked up, he tried doing the same thing, although this time, I told him I didn't want to do it. His demeanor immediately changed and he :censored:ed me so fast, and so coldly, and when he came (I didn't), he looked at me and said, "you can go now". I was so stunned and felt so numb that I didn't move. I couldn't move. I just lay there while my mind raced. Finally I turned to him and said, "so basically, the only thing you liked about me was that I'm young and easy." He immediately responded, "no, not just that, I liked your innocence too." Innocence being a euphemism for gullibility. Liked in the past tense meaning, "now that I can't keep treating you like crap, I have no current use for you." And I love how that how as soon as he got what he wanted, he didn't try to hide what he really liked about me, which wasn't my intelligence, my humour and my personality, but the two things women in their 20's are valued most for: their looks and sexual availability.

Needless to say, that guy would not have tried that :censored: with a woman in even her 30's because, sorry, they've seen more :censored: and can suss out douche bags like him in a way that I and so many young women couldn't.

Fortysomething semi-famous Torontonian into younger girls? It's coming together. Let's put on suits without ties and discuss this over some tastefully placed bowls of mixed nuts!!!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Scott does get 2 games for leaving bench on a legal line change to start a fight.

Just saw on NHL.com so I decided to watch the explanation video. Figured Scott might get a couple games. I think since it was on a legal line change that saved him from a more severe penalty.

Also watching the video again - it took the DOPS 1:23 to explain this, and then about 30 seconds to summarize. Why? I really don't know why it concerns me. :unsure:

EDIT: Some on twitter have already started a #FreeJohnScott movement...

Wait, could the Sharks actually employ at some point during the season a line of Scott-Brown-Torres? I know there all wingers, but what goon-ish line that would be.

I went on a few dates with a fellow semi famous Torontonian who was in his early 40's (I was 23). He told me how funny I was, how interesting I was, how mature for my age I was, yadda yadda. He talked me into doing some really aggressive sex stuff one time, and the next time we hooked up, he tried doing the same thing, although this time, I told him I didn't want to do it. His demeanor immediately changed and he :censored:ed me so fast, and so coldly, and when he came (I didn't), he looked at me and said, "you can go now". I was so stunned and felt so numb that I didn't move. I couldn't move. I just lay there while my mind raced. Finally I turned to him and said, "so basically, the only thing you liked about me was that I'm young and easy." He immediately responded, "no, not just that, I liked your innocence too." Innocence being a euphemism for gullibility. Liked in the past tense meaning, "now that I can't keep treating you like crap, I have no current use for you." And I love how that how as soon as he got what he wanted, he didn't try to hide what he really liked about me, which wasn't my intelligence, my humour and my personality, but the two things women in their 20's are valued most for: their looks and sexual availability.

Needless to say, that guy would not have tried that :censored: with a woman in even her 30's because, sorry, they've seen more :censored: and can suss out douche bags like him in a way that I and so many young women couldn't.

Fortysomething semi-famous Torontonian into younger girls? It's coming together. Let's put on suits without ties and discuss this over some tastefully placed bowls of mixed nuts!!!

Oh that Strombolobolobdjdvjdojvfdjvkfdkdfsbnkjfsqdhsvdjvgbulous! :P

Jian Gomeshi has to do with hockey now?

1zqy8ok.gif

A lot of Habs fans in Edmonton tonight. I didn't expect this from Edmonton....

Well northern Alberta is basically all east coasters and quebecers so it's not totally out of left field.
I was gonna comment on it, but then I thought for a second, remembered my two best friends ever up here are a French kid and a Newfie. So, yeah.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Archived