The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

Buffalo is still freaking awful. SALVAGED A POINT, GOT 2 GOALS ON BOSTON! blew 3rd period lead, lose in OT to Marchand.

Pittsburgh on Saturday- oh god.

Seriously, when Buffalo plays Dallas later this season, I think they'll get to 10 goals on us.

We are pitiful, poor, and pathetic.

AND SOMEHOW WE BEAT THE SHARKS IN THE SHARK TANK!

I don't get it. Everytime we play the Ducks, Buffalo plays scaredy hockey. Still Mighty can attest to this- SABRES HANDING OUT 2-GOAL GAMES AND HAT TRICKS TO ANAHEIM LIKE IT'S DOLLA-DOLLA BILLS PLAYA

Hat trick to Getzlaf last year, Hat trick to Perry this year, Wild Bill's first 2 goals.... my freaking god, this team sometimes has no stones.

At what point is enough enough? I've been a Buffalo fan for over 25 years and I'm starting to wonder how much longer I can stay freaking loyal to these bums? Even the 2002-2004 bankruptcy years, they salvaged 2 decent records.

This is the plan, man. You had a long time to prepare yourself for this. They started the season something like 2-14 last year... this is actually a better team.

Buffalo seems to be in somewhat of a rebuilding era. All of this suffering for Buffalo fans can be rewarded if they get the #1 pick in next years draft.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buffalo is in the last year of a three year plan to land Connor McDavid. To be annoyed or surprised at any Sabres loss this season is silly. Watch your young guys, don't pay attention to the vets because they'll be gone soon, hope your win more than like 4 games all season, but the results utlimately don't matter. Last place is the goal.

Now, if the Sabres lose the lottery and Carolina ends up with McDavid instead of Buffalo I will flip a table.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Buffalo is still freaking awful. SALVAGED A POINT, GOT 2 GOALS ON BOSTON! blew 3rd period lead, lose in OT to Marchand.

Pittsburgh on Saturday- oh god.

Seriously, when Buffalo plays Dallas later this season, I think they'll get to 10 goals on us.

We are pitiful, poor, and pathetic.

AND SOMEHOW WE BEAT THE SHARKS IN THE SHARK TANK!

I don't get it. Everytime we play the Ducks, Buffalo plays scaredy hockey. Still Mighty can attest to this- SABRES HANDING OUT 2-GOAL GAMES AND HAT TRICKS TO ANAHEIM LIKE IT'S DOLLA-DOLLA BILLS PLAYA

Hat trick to Getzlaf last year, Hat trick to Perry this year, Wild Bill's first 2 goals.... my freaking god, this team sometimes has no stones.

At what point is enough enough? I've been a Buffalo fan for over 25 years and I'm starting to wonder how much longer I can stay freaking loyal to these bums? Even the 2002-2004 bankruptcy years, they salvaged 2 decent records.

They're tanking on purpose, and it's really obvious.

But the Yotes have no forwards besides Gagner... how can they win any games?

Hanzal and Boedker are better than Gagner. Their roster still sucks, though; OEL is playing like crap.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

But the Yotes have no forwards besides Gagner... how can they win any games?

Hanzal and Boedker are better than Gagner. Their roster still sucks, though; OEL is playing like crap.

Was meant as a joke... I actually like Yotes. Yandle is one of my favourite players.

Geordie Howe is currently in critical condition after suffering a stroke at his Texas home:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/gordie-howe-surrounded-by-family-in-texas---i-gave-him-a-big-hug-and-a-kiss-215423344-nhl.html

Let's all hope for the best.

In a related note, it seems that this was the call-to-arms the current Red Wings needed, since their s#itty powerplay unit has already scored twice on the Kings...within the first 10 minutes of the game.

And now it's 4-0 and not even 15 minutes in...

What is "the best" at this point? He's been suffering from dementia for years. It would probably be best for him to die without extended suffering.

Buffalo is in the last year of a three year plan to land Connor McDavid. To be annoyed or surprised at any Sabres loss this season is silly. Watch your young guys, don't pay attention to the vets because they'll be gone soon, hope your win more than like 4 games all season, but the results utlimately don't matter. Last place is the goal.

Now, if the Sabres lose the lottery and Carolina ends up with McDavid instead of Buffalo I will flip a table.

The last-place team only has a 20% chance at getting the #1 pick, so you really can't get your hopes up on a particular team getting McDavid. The good news for the Sabres is that this year, the worst team can only fall to the #2 pick, and Jack Eichel is a good consolation prize. Hell, even if the Sabres fall to the third pick or worse, they still have three first round picks this year (theirs plus the Blues' and the Islanders') to add to a really solid group of young talent.

The Sabres now lead the league in Tim Hortonsing

1653774_606669936122188_5863702232128267

10731180_606670416122140_617172215800352

10689963_606670139455501_732674599891171

Shark's Mirco Mueller got his first NHL goal last night in a 4-3 shootout loss to the Wild. Good to see the youth getting in on the scoring. Barclay Goodrow also played his first NHL game for the Sharks in Minnesota. San Jose still can't protect leads very well, but got a possible 5/6 points on the Road trip. Haven't heard of Goodrow being reassigned yet, so he may be in tomorrow's game vs the Islanders. He is wearing #89.

It was interesting to learn a few months ago that this notion of Tim Hortons as an indispensable piece of Canadiana is a fairly recent development. It was pretty much just an Ontario/WNY thing for a long time before it expanded to Quebec and western Canada, and even now out west it's not exactly viewed as all that indispensable.

I can't get a read on the quality of their product: Americans who go to Buffalo/Detroit/Columbus locations on visits from un-Hortoned lands always say "WE NEED TIM HORTONS HERE UGH DUNKIN DONUTS SUCKS," but I always see Canadians bitching about the bad coffee and bad sandwiches and stuff. Were they once good and now bad? I'm confused.

Dunkin Donuts is awful, though. I wish they had stayed in New England, the region of this fair country for which you least often hear "you're gonna love the food."

Well if all you have is Dunkin' Donuts then yeah, Tim Horton's is amazing as far as donut places go.

It's not nearly as bad as it's detractors make it out to be, and it's not the greatest thing ever either. If you're in a rush and don't have time to make breakfast you can do a whole lot worse than a beagle and coffee from Tim's. It's not something you work into your daily routine but it's not vile or anything. It's servicable fast food and donuts.

Well if all you have is Dunkin' Donuts then yeah, Tim Horton's is amazing as far as donut places go.

It's not nearly as bad as it's detractors make it out to be, and it's not the greatest thing ever either. If you're in a rush and don't have time to make breakfast you can do a whole lot worse than a beagle and coffee from Tim's. It's not something you work into your daily routine but it's not vile or anything. It's servicable fast food and donuts.

Since when have they sold dogs at Tim's? :P

But seriously, I like their coffee and baked goods, but their actual food is pretty lousy.

It's like Target versus Wal-Mart... basically the same thing, but they do it nicer. I also like that Tim's sponsors kids'sports teams and camp and sells the smile cookies.

Archived