The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

Haha, that roster wasn't great either. They just had the good fortune to have an effective power play in a season where looking at a guy the wrong way put you on the power play. That whole roster is just "hey, he was good." Bret Hedican, hey, he was good. Rod Brind'Amour, he was good. I think they had Doug Weight. He, too, was pretty good!

Anyway, is there a more talented player with worse spatial awareness than Jeff Skinner? He's a hell of a scorer, but he's always getting rung up because he never has a goddamn clue where he is, and "where he is" is always "about to get hit really hard by some guy."

Unless, of course, it's "throwing a bitch fit by the glass and falling on his ass"

SkinnerHissyFit-Carolina11042011-01.gif

I looked this gif back up and saw it for the first time in a while and I just laughed and laughed. Let's just post our favorite hockey gifs to finish out this run-up strong.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With injuries to Jenner and Horton they absolutely need him.

I was never worried that he'd miss any games. I was more annoyed that he was holding out of training camp.

It's 3 mill, 3 mill, 6 mill BTW.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Don't have to worry about the Blackhawks making a Cup run this year, folks. Kings have got a nice, clear path now.

I wish that were true, but teams just don't repeat anymore in the NHL. I'd be happy with making it back to the conference finals and freaking ecstatic at just getting back to the Cup finals. Blackhawks will still be a tough out in the playoffs.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Surely it can't be that effective with all that padding to get through.

I too imagine it just sort of absorbs into his material. If anything it'd make his equipment bag reek.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Surely it can't be that effective with all that padding to get through.

I too imagine it just sort of absorbs into his material. If anything it'd make his equipment bag reek.

He's a hockey player. I can't imagine the smell of his hockey bag can get much worse.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Some media notes if you are interested. Per SI, Bob McKenzie will be joining NBCSN for their Wednesday Night telecast. As well it looks like both Gord Miller and Chris Cuthbert are going to call some games for the network and Dreger is going to be a contributor also.

Explains why TSN was able to keep their talent after losing the rights, they all are double dipping with NBC. Also NBC is going to produce their own draft coverage this year.

Gord Miller is such a pleasantly competent announcer. No annoying idiosyncrasies or grating voice like Squawk Emrick, doesn't struggle keeping up like Cole or Strader. I wish he were our lead voice nationally, but sometimes just being good isn't enough, I guess.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

A 32-yo goon who hasn't played a single NHL game so far? Didn't Chiarelli say something about younger, faster and smarter a while back?

I don't have an issue with this. I like Pastrnak, but at no point during this offseason did I truly expect that he would make the final cut. It's not like we're desperate for someone like him at the moment, so what's the point of rushing him to the NHL?

My Stanley Cup Final prediction:

drum roll, please...............

Tampa Bay-Colorado

That's right, I'm not going with the usual suspects here. Going outside the box.

The box is there for a reason.

Haha, that roster wasn't great either. They just had the good fortune to have an effective power play in a season where looking at a guy the wrong way put you on the power play. That whole roster is just "hey, he was good." Bret Hedican, hey, he was good. Rod Brind'Amour, he was good. I think they had Doug Weight. He, too, was pretty good!

Anyway, is there a more talented player with worse spatial awareness than Jeff Skinner? He's a hell of a scorer, but he's always getting rung up because he never has a goddamn clue where he is, and "where he is" is always "about to get hit really hard by some guy."

Unless, of course, it's "throwing a bitch fit by the glass and falling on his ass"

SkinnerHissyFit-Carolina11042011-01.gif

I looked this gif back up and saw it for the first time in a while and I just laughed and laughed. Let's just post our favorite hockey gifs to finish out this run-up strong.

ivx6L23mIn3nm.gif

zyj0fd.gif

My favorite hockey gifs.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Archived