The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

Patrick Sharp is having himself a great year.

Meanwhile, Cheryl Scott's stock just keeps on rising!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Eight seconds left on the Abdelkaderian minor."

Jesus, Emrick. I'm not sure whether this is more qualified for the NHL Anti-Thread.

Weren't the Abdelkaderians wiped out after WWI?

Well, I guess the LA Kings ain't dead yet.That shutout loss at Washington may have been their turning point.

I'm not mocking, but trying to understand your logic on how playing a crappy game is a turning point in a team's season, especially since they also lost the next game late with bad mistakes. Please explain it so I can understand how you're seeing it.

Well, I guess the LA Kings ain't dead yet.That shutout loss at Washington may have been their turning point.

I'm not mocking, but trying to understand your logic on how playing a crappy game is a turning point in a team's season, especially since they also lost the next game late with bad mistakes. Please explain it so I can understand how you're seeing it.

LA had been sputtering in January, and the Washington loss was their sixth in seven games.

A few days later, they ended Tampa's long home winning streak.

OK, maybe the Florida game was a potential crossroads, because they jumped all over a great Tampa team in the first period. That may have got their mojo back

LOL at anyone who wrote off the Kings. "Yeah, they're slumping in the regular season....which they always do....but THIS time it's different!" They do this every year. Now they're going to do just enough to make the playoffs and upset a few teams.

LOL at anyone who wrote off the Kings. "Yeah, they're slumping in the regular season....which they always do....but THIS time it's different!" They do this every year. Now they're going to do just enough to make the playoffs and upset a few teams.

I can't imagine them keeping up that trend. Eventually they are going to squeak into the playoffs and run into a brick wall and be gone in 5 in the first round.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

If they continue their hot play, they'll grab the 2nd seed in the Pacific and play either Calgary, Vancouver or San Jose, all of which they can take in 7 games. Then they run into Anaheim, which will be a great series but who knows which way it'll go. Can they beat the other last man standing, be it Chicago, Nashville or St. Louis?

sig.png

The Canadiens are going to get to the Eastern Conference finals again. For whatever reason they cannot play against lottery teams, but any time they play play-off calibre teams they skate them off the ice. Analytics be dammed.

An eastern conference finals appearance isn't good enough this year. Time to finally actually win one.

As for the log jam in the West, my moneys on the Flames and Kings first.

Patrick Sharp did do something a lot worse than Cheryl Scott this year, allegedly allegedly allegedly allegedly allegedly allegedly allegedly allegedly allegedly allegedly allegedly allegedly.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived