The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you told me at the start of the season that on February 20th, the Nashville Predators, Montreal Canadiens, and New York Islanders would be holding the top three spots in the overall NHL standings, I would've asked what kind of drugs you were using.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

As a fan who's only known the last 15-20 years of Islanders hockey I keep having this feeling that soon I'm gonna wake up with it still being October and I've just dreamt the last 4 months.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Man, that Islanders/Predators Final would really piss off NBC. Maybe Doc and Enzo could wear cowboy hats and feed off the local crowd.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

The Canadiens are going to get to the Eastern Conference finals again. For whatever reason they cannot play against lottery teams, but any time they play play-off calibre teams they skate them off the ice. Analytics be dammed.

An eastern conference finals appearance isn't good enough this year. Time to finally actually win one.

Absolutely. I'm glad the Habs are legit contenders. But it felt like a loss and a disapointment, when they got eliminated in the 3rd round those 2 times around.

That's the one he's talking about.

He gave up a goal from center ice to Kevin Klein a couple years ago. He also gave one up to someone on the Coyotes late in 2013. He's capable of brilliance and garbage.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

There was a travel group there. I talked to a lady and she said they were from Ducks Nation. Not even the Die-Hards so it must be some renegade booster club. I would assume they're going to Edmonton so maybe they're the good luck.

There appeared to be another group, but they were sitting in a different section.

IbjBaeE.png

There was a travel group there. I talked to a lady and she said they were from Ducks Nation. Not even the Die-Hards so it must be some renegade booster club. I would assume they're going to Edmonton so maybe they're the good luck.

There appeared to be another group, but they were sitting in a different section.

Yeah, the Ducks Nation trip is something I saw circling around the numerous Facebook groups. I also remember a different trip being advertised at the games sponsored by Golden Road Brewing Company or something along those lines.

I'm busy and poor and Alberta is cold, so I didn't go.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I think there's some weird travel partnership between Alberta and California. There's quite a few tv commercials, internet ads and ads in the mail for Visit California, but none when I was in Saskatoon for school earlier this year

The Staples Center has a Travel Alberta ad on the boards and I believe the Ducks had some sort of Travel Alberta sponsored Stampede/Western thing a couple years ago.

IbjBaeE.png

When the Leafs end up not winning the draft lottery, it should be interesting to see what direction this rebuild takes, since 99.99% of the fans/media's plans hinge on getting McDavid and having him single-handedly turn the team around.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Malcolm Subban didn't have a very good start last night. Can't get worse than letting in 3 goals in 3 shots!!

I've never seen him play in the juniors, though. Maybe he's capable of much more, and that he's not just getting a shot in the League because of his last name. I want to be fair over here.

Archived