The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

Patrick Sharp did do something a lot worse than Cheryl Scott this year, allegedly allegedly allegedly allegedly allegedly allegedly allegedly allegedly allegedly allegedly allegedly allegedly.

Middle of the afternoon today, this popped into my head, and I suddenly came to a very, very dark conclusion that I hope is incredibly wrong.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, the Jackets are apparently shopping around Wiz, which makes no business. Quite frankly, I don't know why the fans like Johnson so much, he sucks at offense and defense. In a perfect world, the Jackets would trade Boll and Johnson. At this point though, the Jackets are killing themselves.

That's what- She

Wisniewski is oft-injured, waaaaaay overpaid, and his production, such as it is, has taken a slide this year. So, naturally, he's going to get flipped to the Kings for a toaster oven, and suddenly ol' Haywood Jablomie will become the key factor in sparking the Kings into another Cup run.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Wisniewski is oft-injured, waaaaaay overpaid, and his production, such as it is, has taken a slide this year. So, naturally, he's going to get flipped to the Kings for a toaster oven, and suddenly ol' Haywood Jablomie will become the key factor in sparking the Kings into another Cup run.

And I shall cry.

That's what- She

A nation will weep. I don't think I'm speaking in hyperbole by saying the Kings' two Final series have been the worst since Lockout II. And yes, I do realize that includes Anaheim-Ottawa, A Thing That Happened That One Time.

I don't know if everyone here's already read it, but seek out the piece Igor Larionov wrote for Players Tribune on the intentional, systemic stifling of creative play on the NHL. It hits home for every Blackhawks fan watching Andrew Shaw wet-fart his way up and down the ice night upon night while Teuvo Teräväinen sits in Rockford, being forced to convert to a wing despite his ability to cure erectile dysfunction with his instinctive passing, as he contemplates the right time to give his agent the Denis Lemieux phone call.

And I shall cry.

It appears that Atkinson, Calvert and Letestu are also being shopped around. Atkinson with the Bruins. Calvert with the Lightning and Avalanche. And Letestu with the Rangers and Penguins. I do not want more forwards on this team right now, this team seriously needs defenseman. I am sad because my dreams of Boychuk coming over here are quickly dwindling.

That's what- She

I don't know if everyone here's already read it, but seek out the piece Igor Larionov wrote for Players Tribune on the intentional, systemic stifling of creative play on the NHL. It hits home for every Blackhawks fan watching Andrew Shaw wet-fart his way up and down the ice night upon night while Teuvo Teräväinen sits in Rockford, being forced to convert to a wing despite his ability to cure erectile dysfunction with his instinctive passing, as he contemplates the right time to give his agent the Denis Lemieux phone call.

I read it this morning. His comparison of the Soviet style of hockey to Barcelona's tiki taka style of soccer was on point, as well as his critique on the NHL's "anti-mistake" fetish and how it's easier to destroy than to create. I just don't see how you change that culture in the NHL without making a major change, like something along the lines of eliminating the blue lines all together.

Patrick Sharp did do something a lot worse than Cheryl Scott this year, allegedly allegedly allegedly allegedly allegedly allegedly allegedly allegedly allegedly allegedly allegedly allegedly.

Middle of the afternoon today, this popped into my head, and I suddenly came to a very, very dark conclusion that I hope is incredibly wrong.

Yeah, I was listening to the Score today too. The puzzle pieces all come together uncomfortably well, in terms of who said what and when things fell apart.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Ducks down 2-0 in the 3rd.

Teemu Selanne is shown on the Jumbotron, and he happily Teemuly waves.

Ducks immediately score three goals in three minutes to take a 3-2 lead.

Detroit would tie and the Ducks win in a shootout, but I'm going to chalk this win completely up to Teemu. Another one in the ledger for #8.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Yeah, I was listening to the Score today too. The puzzle pieces all come together uncomfortably well, in terms of who said what and when things fell apart.

I wasn't listening to The Score, but I did read some secondhand allusions to whatever Bernstein said. Care to lay it out for me?

He just said they have to get him out of the locker room as soon as possible. He mentioned something about Elizabeth Banks playing a character on Modern Family who was impregnated by a member of the Blackhawks, which he called "very interesting." Someone called asking for clarification, and he repeated that they have simply to get Sharp off this team.

Exhibit B (this wasn't mentioned on the air): consider when the Hawks went into their nosedive, and remember the player who was too emotional to talk to the press about it.

Goddammit.

Um.

I'm missing something.

PMs please?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I read it this morning. His comparison of the Soviet style of hockey to Barcelona's tiki taka style of soccer was on point, as well as his critique on the NHL's "anti-mistake" fetish and how it's easier to destroy than to create. I just don't see how you change that culture in the NHL without making a major change, like something along the lines of eliminating the blue lines all together.

The irony is that it's North America, land of the free, that stifles all creativity and avoids all risks.

This isn't just an NHL problem, though, which is the scary thing. It starts at the youth levels. Hockey Canada doesn't want anyone making any mistakes in their entire lives. Hockey can be so much more than what it is. It suffers from the worst stewardship of any sport (that lots of people care about).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Disappointing loss for the Wings with that one, but again, you got to seal the deal against a team like the Ducks. Another tough one up with the Kings of SoCal tonight.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Archived