Help Us Name Our Hockey Team.

MWHL

Hello.

We're a beer league hockey team in search of a new identity. Our team is based out of the St. Louis area and many of us have been big fans of the artistic work on this forum, so we've decided to look to you guys for ideas. We'd like to collect as many potential names as possible, hold a vote, and then hire one (or several) artists to help us construct a primary crest and shoulder patches.

Submissions can be professional, fun or clever, and even religious, as many of us are Christians. The more names we have to vote on, the better! If you have a name that you think would've made a great name for an NHL franchise in St. Louis in a world without the Blues, please submit it here. Got a clever name? A religious name? If you've got an idea, throw it out. We've admired the creative talents of the many members of this forum for quite some time and are appreciatively looking to you all for help in finding our new identity.

Once decided, we'd love to hire an artist here to do a full uniform construction for us, including a primary crest, shoulder patches, and team font, on an NHL uniform base that we will choose.

Hope this can be a fun thread. Thank you.

Submitted so far:

Hop Leafs

Rivermen

Spirits

Steamers

Flors

Saints

Gooeys

Greats

Archers

Hunters

Archangels

Flyers

Aviators

Stingers

Screaming Squids

Eagles

If you pick one of my names I would love to do the design work for you! I hope I can give you some nice names seeing as I live in STL

- Rivermen: Obvious but i really like it

- Spirits: I saw this in another thread, but like the Spirit of St. Louis

- Steamers: (like the old indoor soccer team) a reference to the old steamboats on the river

- Flors: for the "Flor de lis" that is so prominent in the city

- Saints: religious, but also play on words for St. Louis, so you could be the River City Saints

- Gooies: silly, but reference to the incredible gooie butter cake here

- Greats: reference to the county's nickname, "the greater St. Louis"

Hope you guys like at least one of those! and please email me at stlarchmadness@gmail.com if you're interested in me for the design process!

good luck

Gooeys made me laugh. For those of you not from the St. Louis area that haven't tried gooey butter cake, you're missing out! Thak for the submissions so far guys. Keep 'em coming!

STL_ArchMadness, I will most definitely keep you in mind when it comes time to hire an artist for the logo work.

Folks, let's keep this thread focused on the topic at hand. Namely, providing suggestions for a team identity for a beer-league hockey team in the St. Louis, Missouri area that is comprised, apparently, primarily of Christians.

"[P]rofessional, fun or clever, and even religious" name suggestions are welcome. That said, before offering-up a potential team name, take a moment to consider whether it fits generally accepted definitions of what constitutes "professional", "fun or clever", and/or "religious", or simply your own personal take on said parameters. In other words, please exercise some discretion.

Further, let's refrain from hijacking the thread and turning it into a string of critiques of other members' suggestions and an exchange of insults and personal attacks.

Thank you.

Archangels

This is a name that we had actually previously discussed and really liked.

I really like this name too. Ties in with the arch (obviously) as well as the catholic history of the city. I already got some good logo ideas too :)

And let me just say... mmmmmmhhmmm... gooies. That would be a great one if you could get them to sponsor your team. Not sure how beer league hockey works with that kind of stuff though. Unfortunately hardly anyone plays hockey here in Columbia, for lack of a rink.

Archangels

This is a name that we had actually previously discussed and really liked.

I really like this name too. Ties in with the arch (obviously) as well as the catholic history of the city. I already got some good logo ideas too :)

And let me just say... mmmmmmhhmmm... gooeys. That would be a great one if you could get them to sponsor your team. Not sure how beer league hockey works with that kind of stuff though. Unfortunately hardly anyone plays hockey here in Columbia, for lack of a rink.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Archived