A H L 's Aeros to unveil new colors...

wonder if they'll switch to green and gold, as they'll be the farm team of both the minnesota wild and the dallas stars next season?

They're both? I bet a ton of Minnesota Wild fans are thrilled about that agreement with the Aeros and Stars. :therock:

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wonder if they'll switch to green and gold, as they'll be the farm team of both the minnesota wild and the dallas stars next season?

They're both? I bet a ton of Minnesota Wild fans are thrilled about that agreement with the Aeros and Stars. :therock:

the stars don't have a primary affiliate anymore, apparently...

they split their prospects with the hamilton bulldogs and the houston aeros for one season, then from what i've heard, the aeros will become the stars primary affiliate, and the wild will get their own new affiliate expansion team (des moines?)

and believe me, as a stars fan, i'm upset enough about sharing uniform colors with the wild for that stupid alternate sweater, without ever mentioning sharing a minor league affiliate.

what's next? the leafs and senators sharing a practice facility?

the stars don't have a primary affiliate anymore, apparently...

they split their prospects with the hamilton bulldogs and the houston aeros for one season, then from what i've heard, the aeros will become the stars primary affiliate, and the wild will get their own new affiliate expansion team (des moines?)

and believe me, as a stars fan, i'm upset enough about sharing uniform colors with the wild for that stupid alternate sweater, without ever mentioning sharing a minor league affiliate.

what's next? the leafs and senators sharing a practice facility?

Well at least it could teach the Sens how to win a Playoffs series...

B)

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Given the state of flux in which the Aeros seem to be with their parent clubs, I can only hope that this is a temporary, one year situation since both parent clubs use some form of green, gold and red in their uniforms (thanks to mooterus). Perhaps next year the Aeros will roll out a better conceived uniform concept that better complements the uniform and color scheme of whatever parent club doesn't send its stock to Iowa.

Frankly, I'd have preferred that they simply stay with what they had last season. In the back of my cynical little mind I have to wonder if they ditched last year's concepts because they were essentially an updated version of the uniforms worn by the former WHA Aeros franchise. With the WHA starting up this year and the AHL being its likely competition, I'm curious as to whether someone in either the AHL or NHL office demanded that any nostalgia for or reference to the old WHA be quashed altogether. I certainly wouldn't put this past them.

They probably didn't want to do too much to the Aeros as the Wild will most likely be "taking off" and "landing" in Des Moines, IA next season, as is the rumor.

If that's the case they definitely suceeded in not doing too much.

No... that isn't the rumor.

Howard Baldwin - owner of the AHL's new Des Moines, Iowa-based franchise - has actually been negotiating with the Dallas Stars. It is expected that the Stars will place their top farm team in Des Moines in time for the 2005-2006 season.

As for the Minnesota Wild, at one time their parent company had been exploring the possibility of placing a farm team in Des Moines, as well as managing the new arena there. However, since that deal fell through, the Wild have actually bought a percentage of the Houston Aeros. Given that they own a piece of the team, expect the Wild to maintain a minor-league presence in Houston for the forseeable future.

Brian in Boston

... from what i've heard, the aeros will become the stars primary affiliate, and the wild will get their own new affiliate expansion team (des moines?)

Where are you guys getting this information?

The Des Moines register has already reported that Howard Baldwin has been negotiating with top officilas of the Dallas Stars, including the team's president, Jim Lites. Additionally, Lites and Stars' GM Dave Armstrong have visited Des Moines twice in the past two months, and came away convinced that Baldwin's team can be a successful operation there.

http://www.dmregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar.../407070340/1020

Brian in Boston

Anyone else think a RED F-18 looks stupid. At least the blue one had a "Feeling" of being metallic, or somewhat realistic. But RED, that just looks awful. What TRIPE!

Exactly! That sums up the worst part of this move. The red plane is just plain wrong.

It really looks cheap to slap a miscolored logo on a blank jersey just because of the parent club. I think I may have to get one of last year's blue Aeros jerseys now that they are going to have to go on clearance. Those were sharp. I liked the colors and the nod to the past style.

This new one is simply the pits.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Eh. So the Aeros are wearing Christmas jerseys all season huh? Brutal. Although it goes back to their original AHL look of sorts. Green is back in their scheme. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Maybe they could've kept the Wild template and the "Wild Animal Landscape" thingy they have for their logo and kept it sky blue and navy?

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

they should have kept the logo but put it on the Wild's template...when the LockMonsters switched affiliates (the third time) they kept their logo the same but slapped it on a modified Hurricanes template. It didn't hurt that the Lowell was already purple, black and red, but all that was done to the Canes' jerseys was a couple extra stripes od purple and silver.

The LockMonsters have pretty much remained independent of their affiliates, but it's just coincidence that a few of the teams had similar colors. The only major difference was the first two years when they worked with the Islanders.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

They probably didn't want to do too much to the Aeros as the Wild will most likely be "taking off" and "landing" in Des Moines, IA next season

What?? The Aeros are moving?

And those remind me of minor hockey. How un-original can you get??? Saint John's Flames all over again, remember those???

being one of the hugest fans of the wilds jersey. The aeros new jersey is oh whats the word that im looking for...............oh..........I think that i have it......................... HORRIBLE. There are not enough buckets in the world to contain the vomit that came out of my mouth when i first saw them. i loved the jerseys that they had two years ago. Those actually had some creativity. these none.

And those remind me of minor hockey. How un-original can you get??? Saint John's Flames all over again, remember those???

The Saint John Flames (no s) were the exact ones as their affiliate until a few years ago when they developed their own logo, but I believe kept the same number style as Calgary. For truly unoriginal? St. John's Maple Leafs and Providence Bruins. Exactly like their primary NFL affiliates, except for a minor modification of the logo to their own. Albany River Rats? Same as NJ Devils, but different logo. Fredericton Canadiens? Same as Montreal.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Exactly like their primary NFL affiliates

you'd think someone who made such a big deal about a simple "apostrophe-s" would pay more attention to the difference between hockey and football :D

don't hate me... i understand it's just a typo. i just couldn't let this one slip.

Archived