Sign in to follow this  
fufkin

Federal Hockey League's Watertown Wolves Logo Unveil

How long what lasts? The Federal Hockey League in general? ;)

Similar but not really a "likelihood of confusion" situation here. If this was the Watertown Huskies you might have more of a case similar to the Creighton and Toronto Blue Jays situation.

The eyes and nose are a direct rip from UCONN

Wow. That's embarrassing for Watertown. Might as well head back to the drawing board lol.

Love the originality here

The image comparisons between Watertown and UConn reminds me of when Vanilla Ice described the difference between Ice Ice Baby and Queen's Under Pressure..small difference but basically a rip off!

Kinda looks like a result of a torrid love affair between the UConn logo and the proposed Nordiques logo that they would have had if they hadn't moved to Denver.

A quick Google search and you'll find that it was "designed" by Atomic Sign Works in Watertown, NY. It's pretty obvious that they started out with Fraser's UConn logo and tried to change it enough in hopes no one would notice, but they still left the core of the face, eyes, brow, nose, mouth shape relatively unchanged. Ignore that the ears are changed (poorly) and the outer shape of the head is more spikey, or that the teeth are different, or that they added unecessary gray lines, this is indeed a rip-off. Every notch or edge in UConn's logo is here, just that they moved the lines a little here and there, and added an extra outline. As one final attempt to disguise their rip-off they compressed the whole thing vertically just slightly. I bet the team is unaware of this and thought they were getting a legitimate unique logo. Some people may say they changed it enough to pass, but I still find it sketchy.

I saw the new Watertwon Wolves of the Federal Hockey League logo and I saw the new UConn Huskies logo in it. Did the have permission from UConn to use it or did they "borrow" it? I am wondering if anyone has info on this at all? borrowed.png

They definitely started from the UCONN logo... look at the very specific curves in the black-white border around the face. They gave it their own flourishes, like extra mean teeth and bunny ears, but it's definitely "borrowed".

Exactly.

It may have been inspired by the Nordiques logo, but that's okay. They flat-out stole from UCONN, which isn't.