Newest NLL team: New England Black Wolves

nash61

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

My initial response was "meh, it's a logo".

They could drop the stick on the right side and orange bolts of lightening (I assume that is what it's supposed to be) that are at the Wolves' feet and it would be much better I think.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Too many strokes, too many colors. Simplifying would make it a great logo, but right now, it's just a mess. The silver and white double outline on the wolf and the script looks terrible, and the lacrosse stick would make a great secondary logo, but it just further clutters the logo. Like Delayed Penalty said, a wolf and moon logo would look great.

My initial response was "meh, it's a logo".

They could drop the stick on the right side and orange bolts of lightening (I assume that is what it's supposed to be) that are at the Wolves' feet and it would be much better I think.

This is exciting for the ULL and having some extra players to choose.

Agree that the mess on the bottom needs to be cleaned up.

Unusual colours for a New England side as well.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

They're not an expansion team. Philadelphia relocated.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Too many strokes, too many colors. Simplifying would make it a great logo, but right now, it's just a mess. The silver and white double outline on the wolf and the script looks terrible, and the lacrosse stick would make a great secondary logo, but it just further clutters the logo. Like Delayed Penalty said, a wolf and moon logo would look great.

Most NLL teams wear their full logo, wordmark and all, on their jerseys, so I wouldn't get my hopes up about that.

Furthermore, the two main colors appear to be black and orange, which are also the Buffalo Bandits' colors. Originality-wise, this is actually an improvement over the Wings' black-and-red scheme (Vancouver and Calgary both use those colors, as did the defunct Portland LumberJax and Boston Blazers 2.0, and Colorado wears black and crimson which is a darker red), but I wish they would have gone with a more unique color scheme.

All that said, for all the new logo's flaws, by NLL standards it's still well above average.

CCSLC signature.png

They're not an expansion team. Philadelphia relocated.

Bugger, thought there was already 9 teams last season.

Oh well it can only make the league stronger.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

• 1 month later...

Definitely different for a New England team, but they're tied in with the Mohegan Sun people (owned by?), so it makes sense. The Native American imagery is likely due to the Mohegan Tribe, who are known as the Wolf people. Works for me. Logo could use some fine-tuning and simplifying over the next few years and this might settle into being a pretty good identity.

Here's the pics of the new jersey from the twitter feed.

1_zpsb277527c.png2_zps005ab6ca.png

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I have to say I like the whole look, though I could probably do without the paw low on the sleeves.

Agree.

A very clear image on the front, don't understand the sublimated lightning bolts though and the colours on the shoulders merge nicely.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

The logo still bugs me, it's just too much.

I can see liking this a lot more minus the paw and having just the wolve howling with the moon (minus the word-mark, lacrosse stick and the orange lightening bolt)

Archived