Newest NLL team: New England Black Wolves

nash61

Copy your biggest/oldest rival much, New England? Go back to Philly!

Yeah they stole the Bandits colors! What a joke.

The nickname is abysmal as well... the NLL is a total garage league. How come the Wings failed? That makes me sad.

But go Bandits!

I'VE BEEN A FAN SINCE 1992!!! Remember the Detroit Turbos, Pittsburgh Bulls and the NY Saints? Or the Washington Wave, or the Boston Blaze, and the Baltimore Spirits...

We could list all the defunct and relocated franchises in indoor lacrosse, but it's only an hour show.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Copy your biggest/oldest rival much, New England? Go back to Philly!

Yeah they stole the Bandits colors! What a joke.

The nickname is abysmal as well... the NLL is a total garage league. How come the Wings failed? That makes me sad.

But go Bandits!

I'VE BEEN A FAN SINCE 1992!!! Remember the Detroit Turbos, Pittsburgh Bulls and the NY Saints? Or the Washington Wave, or the Boston Blaze, and the Baltimore Spirits...

I'm not sure I know what you mean by that. Do you mind explaining further?

The reason the wings failed is simply attendance, they were drawing around 5,000 people a game and the owner said it just wasn't financially viable to keep the team alive in Philly with the amount of sporting options available.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

The uniform for the New England Black Wolves is pretty dire, as is the name. And compounding the unfortunate matter is the loss of the Philadelphia Wings, who had the best logo and best uniform in the league (after the folding of the New York / Orlando Titans a few years ago).r6w58n12lq92iwt1.jpg

The jersey you posted was great! But the last ones they used in Philly (designed when Reebok mutilated the league before it jumped ship) were pretty terrible like everyone else's.

wings_captain_medium.jpg

That's the one (the road one). Just an awful, nonsensical, league-wide template from Reebok. Jerseys aren't any tighter or form-fitting like their NHL Edge jerseys try and accomplish. Plus there's lots of sublimation throughout the league rendering the color changes at the seams unnecessary. Good riddance to Reebok; we just need Projoy to wise up or GTFO themselves.

Archived