Good football uniforms ruined by bad helmets, and good helmets ruined by bad uniforms

Davidellias

So have there been any uniforms you loved, that were matched with bad helmets? Or good helmets matched with terrible uniforms?

Mine would be this beauty Wisconsin wore last week.

b99354784z.1_20140920213924_000_g1a7v391

Don't get me wrong, it's normally a great looking uniform, but it when you add an accent color on on the helmet, it looks better if you add them on the uniform too.

BC_vs_FRIENDS__0339-1.jpg

DSC07767.jpg

BC_FB____0462.jpg

I liked the Helmet for NAIA's Bethany Swedes, but the uniforms, are just way to generic, especially for the unique helmet they wear. Especially the fact that a small school like them wears BFBS uniforms.

As for Helmets that ruin good uniforms, Oregon is above and by far my #1 offender especially the traditional Kelly Green look.

131129.RJK_.OEM_.FBC_.OregonState.0767.j

Heck, its not even the helmet design that ruins it, it's the Chrome. If they wings were a different color like yellow or silver it would be the best look in football. But no, the Chrome Kills it.

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

So have there been any uniforms you loved, that were matched with bad helmets? Or good helmets matched with terrible uniforms?

Mine would be this beauty Wisconsin wore last week.

There is nothing really great about Wisconsin's uniforms from the neck down. Still, since the team's colors are red and white, I'd certainly argue that it's the helmet that ruins this look. I'd rather they wear this:

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The Chargers uniforms are Top 10 in the NFL

Are the bottom 20 uniforms that bad now?

Top 5 helmets, great colors, the lightning theme is cool, and unlike almost every other team they have good shoulder stripes.

What more do you want?

tbh they are borderline Top 5 overall

Top 5 helmets, great colors, the lightning theme is cool, and unlike almost every other team they have good shoulder stripes.

What more do you want?

The colors are completely inferior to their powder blue. The shoulder stripes have fallen horizontal over the years. The UCLA-style lightning stripes are much better. So I'd have to disagree with you.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

What more do you want?

The white shoulder inserts are unnecessary and the cut of the new jerseys looks weird on the players. It's less of a shoulder stripe and more of a sleeve stripe, which historically doesn't match the Chargers. The light blue and yellow create this weird green effect. And the number font is trying too hard.

Then when they wear the white pants with the blue jerseys it's the only place where the bolt is shown on a blue background so the uniform is inconsistent within itself. Some teams create inconsistencies between their home and roads, the Chargers manage to do it in the same uniform. That's a feat.

I like the helmet though, which is why I listed it as a good helmet on a bad uniform.

The Bengals are the kings of the good helmets on the bad uniforms, though.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I don't mind many of Oregon uniforms but I can't stand the helmets which feature the gradient wings.

VSCBSEWSXUTEFZZ.20131119003010.JPG?itok=

Couldn't agree more (although this particular set I don't like at all).

Those sonic boom helmets are by far the worst part of the whole set since they debuted. I love 90% of what Oregon puts out, but they have the occasional bad pairing, and that happens 100% of the time when they wear the sonic boom helmet. The yellow one is one of my candidates for best helmet in the country.

Archived