New AFL?

garydavison

Looks like something made up to me, but apparently they already tried in 2011 and failed. I don't see this going anywhere. Who the hell is Joe Faber and what the hell is 4-DTV?

Exactly. We've seen so many ''new spring leagues'' pop up but to see one with so many teams allready on board seems very unrealsitic. And yeah what the hell is 4DTV? Also head on in the fall against the NFL? Not sure if serious. The spring is the way to go for any new league...

Does the NFL not own the rights to the name American Football League? Figured they would have nipped that issue in the butt back when the merger happened.

I would not be surprised if they did not retain those rights. Heck the NHL never retained the WHA naming rights after the merger and this allowed for a new WHA (that never played a game)

I find it kind of funny that they already have the Inaugural game scheduled 2 years in advance, considering they could wait until a week before the game to schedule the game and likely have the same attendance result.

As for 4-DTV, I did a quick google search and found out that it is an internet channel. All I found for it was a Facebook page with only 75 likes (even less than the league itself).

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

Does the NFL not own the rights to the name American Football League? Figured they would have nipped that issue in the butt back when the merger happened.

I would not be surprised if they did not retain those rights. Heck the NHL never retained the WHA naming rights after the merger and this allowed for a new WHA (that never played a game)

Quick search on uspto.gov brought up this: http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=toc&state=4810%3Ao3n9an.1.1&p_search=searchss&p_L=50&BackReference=&p_plural=yes&p_s_PARA1=&p_tagrepl~%3A=PARA1%24LD&expr=PARA1+AND+PARA2&p_s_PARA2=American+Football+League&p_tagrepl~%3A=PARA2%24COMB&p_op_ALL=AND&a_default=search&a_search=Submit+Query&a_search=Submit+Query

Go to the bottom two. Says it's still alive.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

The Louisville Tanks logo is 'impressive', the tank is solid green with no detail or anything, and the uniforms are even better with the camo!!!

You gotta love the Chicago Bruisers logo, looks like it took 5 minutes!!!

The Utah Mustangs descripton is super impressive, you gotta check it out!

But seriously, this cant be legit, and if it was, I'd be horrified.

u3J7jjd.png

Peoria Pirates? I call bs, were they not a AF2 franchise?

Yep.

pettigrew.jpg

That's they're older (or newer? I'm not sure) logo on the website as well. Possibly the same ownership group, or someone in the old ownership group?

EDIT: Just read on the website that the name and identity are owned by the city of Peoria, IL. Sounds like they're trying to make them the Packers of this "league".

In fact I know Chicago Bruisers and Providence Steamroller(former NFL team as well) were old Arena teams, and I think Milwaukee Machine is a recycled name too.

And I'm not sure if Jerry Jones would let the Dallas Marshalls use that star logo on their helmet. Didn't they sue the Desperados over their logo?

Check out my music!

Accidentally quoted myself instead of hitting edit... oops.

But I'll take this oops opportunity to say what a horrible idea to have a team in Chicago, St. Louis, and then Peoria. They really expect to draw 1 million fans from driving from around the area when there's teams right down the road in both directions? I'm starting to think this whole thing is a big stinky pile of BS.

Check out my music!

Archived