GeauxColonels

2014 Bowl Game Logo Changes & New Bowls

Not sure if this should be its own thread or not, but....

Announced yesterday, Capital One is the new title sponsor of the Orange Bowl:

orange-bowl-cap-one-logo.jpg

And, since Capital One acquired these naming rights, the Capital One Bowl will change names. According to this ESPN Article, it looks likely that it will be the Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl.

And, of course, the Peach Bowl is back:

chick-fil-a-peach-bowl.png

Any other changes?

And, since Capital One acquired these naming rights, the Capital One Bowl will change names. According to this ESPN Article, it looks likely that it will be the Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl.

Any other changes?

So, obviously, the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl at SDS will be changing. Again.

Any other changes?

bitcoin-st-petersburg-bowl-Custom-300x33

MiamiBeachBowl.jpg

Bocaratonbowllogo.jpg

CamelliaBowl.jpg

Overall this years bowl game logos are much better than last years.

Any other changes?

So, obviously, the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl at SDS will be changing. Again.

Just found this. MUCH better.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/money/business/2014/07/10/cactus-bowl-new-name-tempe-college-football-postseason-game/12503567/

So we now have the Peach and Citrus Bowls back, and we have a bowl named the Cactus Bowl. I'm loving it!

I'm trying to think of others that I would like to see make a return...too late for a Blockbuster Bowl return?

Here is the new logo for the Former BBVA Compass Bowl.

Personally i would have loved it if they went back to the name of the bowl they had in the 80's All American Bowl

Birmingham_Bowl_logo.jpg

In addition to what has already been stated above here are some of the changes I know about.

Tostitos has dropped sponsorship of the Fiesta Bowl and no new sponsor has been named yet, the flower aspect of the logo is unchanged but they have gone back to the classic font for the time being.
fiesta_bowl.jpg

The Popeye's Bahamas Bowl is also new this year.

4043_bahamas_bowl-primary-2014.png

The Detroit Lions announced a few weeks ago they have come to terms on a sponsor for their bowl game and it will be the QuickLane Bowl.

5841_quick_lane_bowl-primary-2014.png

Advocare has become Sponsor of the Texas Bowl

8406_texas__bowl-primary-2014.png

Sheraton hotels have dropped their sponsorship and the Hawaii Bowl is yet to get a new sponsor.

8584_hawaii__bowl-primary-2014.png

The Gator Bowl is no more and will now be known as TaxSlayer Bowl.

4761_taxslayer__bowl-primary-2014.png

The Fight Hunger Bowl is also no more and will now be the San Francisco Bowl but the logo is yet to be seen.

I hope Advocare doesn't try to get rid of the Texas Bowl portion. I'm also glad Duck Commander put Independence back in the name too.

- Peach Bowl returns ✓

- Citrus Bowl returns ✓

- Sun Devil Stadium gets a bowl named in favor of the surrounding area instead of just another corporate sponsor ✓

- (technically) the Cotton Bowl returns as a bowl with National Championship implications with the new playoff ✓

The only thing missing is the Gator Bowl. And I'm positive that it will return more sooner than later.

I might be in the minority on this one, but I'm going to miss Tostito's being the Fiesta Bowl's sponsor. I mean, it just FITS.

doritos_taco.giffiesta_bowl.jpg

Really, the problem wasn't Frito-Lay's sponsorship - they just picked the wrong chip from their product lines. :)

The Detroit Lions announced a few weeks ago they have come to terms on a sponsor for their bowl game and it will be the QuickLane Bowl.

5841_quick_lane_bowl-primary-2014.png

MAN, that is one bright logo.

And the football has a sort of magic bullet thing going on. Pretty bad logo.

A good chunk of these new bowls are owned by espn, which are clearly made for tv late december airtime. Some of these will be lucky to see 10k in attendance.

And the football has a sort of magic bullet thing going on. Pretty bad logo.

Looks like they snagged the Warner Bros shield.

You seem to be correct. Good eye sir.

Here's a question: Is the National Bowl logo the National Championship game logo? Saw it new to the site a couple days ago, but never looked anything up about it. I know... I'm lazy :D

It really bothers me how they left the peach uncolored, and the beveled text kinda makes the bowl seem 2nd rate.

I did a shoddy edit on pdn and I think it would look miles better if they fixed those problems

15164243599_2b3094b34e.jpg

Improvement.

Here's a question: Is the National Bowl logo the National Championship game logo? Saw it new to the site a couple days ago, but never looked anything up about it. I know... I'm lazy :D

Can you post the logo?