2014 Bowl Game Logo Changes & New Bowls

GeauxColonels

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the real deal

Side note: this is not a new idea, but every year proves the the NCAA should not allow [brand Name Here} Bowls.

Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl = fine.

Chick-fil-A Bowl = terrible.

You lose all continuity of the bowls. I just found out that the Citrus Bowl has turned into the Russell Athletic Bowl. WTH!

That's the real deal

Side note: this is not a new idea, but every year proves the the NCAA should not allow [brand Name Here} Bowls.

Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl = fine.

Chick-fil-A Bowl = terrible.

You lose all continuity of the bowls. I just found out that the Citrus Bowl has turned into the Russell Athletic Bowl. WTH!

The Russell Atheltic Bowl (which is Clemson vs Oklahoma this year) is played in the same stadium as the Citrus Bowl, but it is NOT the Citrus Bowl. Minnesota and Missouri will play in the Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl on New Year's Day.

20141029212242!BWW_Citrus_Bowl_logo.png

It's hard to keep up with. The Gator Bowl was a victim this year. It's simply the TaxSlayer Bowl now. But as a whole, it was a good offseason for bowl names.

Capital One Bowl reverted to the BWW Citrus Bowl

Advocare 100 Bowl went back to the (Duck Commander) Independence Bowl.

Chick-fil-a Bowl went back to the Peach Bowl.

The Catus Bowl got a real name after going through several corporate names. (Think it was the BWW bowl last year.)

The Catus Bowl got a real name after going through several corporate names. (Think it was the BWW bowl last year.)

I think you're correct.

At least the new bowls this year all seem to have a locale identifier in the name (aside from the QUICK LANE Bowl):

- Popeye's BAHAMAS Bowl

- BOCA RATON Bowl

- Raycom Media CAMELIA Bowl

- MIAMI BEACH Bowl

gYH2mW9.png

• 4 weeks later...

Just saw some video of Ohio State being recognized at the basketball game today. One of the players had a football playoff trophy in hand. Not sure what is on it, though I'm guessing it's for winning the semi-final. Anyone have a better view?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived