NHL Brights Series

appleclock

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couple more teams: 1) New York Rangers. Brought back the Lady Liberty logo because it's awesome. Other than that not a whole lot of changes. Made changes to the hem of the white jersey, and tried to change the striping on the blue jersey to match the hem. 2) Oakland Seals. Tried to keep the same wavy vibe that the team had from 74-76 when they wore teal/yellow (their last gasp in California), but used a more greener hue from their earlier days. C&C Thanks!

CPM-NHLbrights-31-NYR.png

CPM-NHLbrights-32-OAK.png

The Sens are near perfect, the road is exceptional. The one thing I'd do to the home is move the gold to inbetween the black stripes and make the cuffs and hem red. But I'd still be really happy if we had what you put up.

Quebec
Home jersey looks solid and the 90's logo surprisingly translates well with the classic scheme. Only thing I don't like is the blue yoke on the road version. I think if it was the same colour as the jersey, it'd not only look better but make for a more cohesive set. This of course is a very minor nitpick.

Washington
Pretty much exactly what they should do if they insist on keeping the wordmark. The stripes are nice a clean, though I do miss the multicoloured stars.

Ottawa
Another spectacular set. I would be ecstatic if they did something similar.

Rangers
Any Rangers concept with "Lady Liberty" gets my endorsement and this one looks fantastic. The recoloured crest looks so good on the classic template, I wish it was on the road iteration too. I guess you can't ditch the diagonal script completely so it works overall.

Oakland
I definitely prefer the green version of this set... Maybe because it seems like yellow is dominant over green on the road version. The script beneath the collar is a nice touch.

The Sens are near perfect, the road is exceptional. The one thing I'd do to the home is move the gold to inbetween the black stripes and make the cuffs and hem red. But I'd still be really happy if we had what you put up.

Quebec

Home jersey looks solid and the 90's logo surprisingly translates well with the classic scheme. Only thing I don't like is the blue yoke on the road version. I think if it was the same colour as the jersey, it'd not only look better but make for a more cohesive set. This of course is a very minor nitpick.

Washington

Pretty much exactly what they should do if they insist on keeping the wordmark. The stripes are nice a clean, though I do miss the multicoloured stars.

Ottawa

Another spectacular set. I would be ecstatic if they did something similar.

Rangers

Any Rangers concept with "Lady Liberty" gets my endorsement and this one looks fantastic. The recoloured crest looks so good on the classic template, I wish it was on the road iteration too. I guess you can't ditch the diagonal script completely so it works overall.

Oakland

I definitely prefer the green version of this set... Maybe because it seems like yellow is dominant over green on the road version. The script beneath the collar is a nice touch.

Thanks for your comments. I really like the Senators concept--it's one that I think could definitely be seen on the ice one day.

Today's concept is the Blackhawks, who very recently revealed their 2015 Winter Classic jerseys. What I did was recolored the logo to incorporate nothing but red, black, white, and tan. I then used more tan. My inspiration here was their current, almost flawless look (of course), but I wanted to do something that really used more tan, sorta like the Blackhawks' 1930s look--the one that they ended up using for the '09 Winter Classic jerseys. It had a lot of tan, but was a black jersey. Anyway, the collar has a zigzag feature that was found on the socks from the set from that era. C&C and have a good weekend!

CPM-NHLbrights-33-CHI.png

on the home the stripes are unconsistent, but on the away they are. its all very confusing

I like it as an alternate, but it just doesn't feel like a set for the Hawks. I'm not really digging the zig zag collar.

I like the home sweater, not so much the road.

All I can say is it's tough to do anything drastic to the Blackhawks. Their set is my favorite in the entire NHL. So we move on...

We're on the homestretch! Only six teams remain in the NHL Brights Series. Here's a pair of teams for today: 1) Canucks. The goal here was to do a blue, green, and yellow concept (bringing yellow in from their 70s-90s color scheme). I started this one out with a lot more yellow, but it ended up looking like the Blues and the North Stars had a Norris Division love child... So I toned down the yellow but kept it there. The striping is obviously a nod to the 'V' years. I chose the Millionaires logo (I tried the Johnny Canuck 'V' head logo but the Millionaires logo looked a little better here). 2) Sharks. Their alternate shark fin logo has the four-tone teal wave, and I always wanted to try a concept involving all of those shades of teal. This was the result. C&C and have a good week!

CPM-NHLbrights-34-VAN.png

CPM-NHLbrights-35-SJS.png

Quebec is probably my favourite out of this recent batch. I love how the little bit of red just pops off the icy blue and white. It looks amazing.

As for the Canucks, I think blue and green is already a bright enough colour scheme without adding yellow. Those jerseys are incredible but most like to forget the flying V/Spaghetti colours.

We're down to four teams left in the NHL Brights Series. Today's team is the Carolina Hurricanes. Not much of an explanation needed here: a return to what worked so well for them in the past (the hurricane flag pattern) and a more simple jersey like the ones they use now. Lots of red and lots of white. C&C Thanks!

CPM-NHLbrights-37-CAR.png

And we're down to the final three teams. If you've been following along, you already know that the last two current NHL teams in the series are from the state of New York. Today we have Buffalo (which is under about 10 feet of snow as I'm typing this...). So to brighten up their snowy days, I bring you this exceedingly bright yellow jersey. I'll let this one speak for itself. C&C Thanks!

CPM-NHLbrights-38-BUF.png

Archived