My version of the a Pittsburgh Steeler Logo Re-design

artsho

The Steeler logo is one of those logos that it is said is timeless and can't nor shouldnt be redesigned. As a designer it is considered the ultimate mountain to climb. I gave it a shot and I agree, the current logo is untouchable.

Let me know your thoughts...

Steeler%20Logo%20Redesign%202.jpg

Here is Version 1 the previous is Version 2.

Steeler%20Logo%20Redesign%201.jpg

I often see this logo on household products:

SR-BW.jpg

How long after the Steelers inception, if anyone knows, did the Steel Company change their logo to this? I always found it interesting.

As for the concept: I really, really, like that top logo! If I were you, however, I would think about putting a black outline around it when shown on a background other than black so that the "S" and the "Steelers" stand out a bit more. Or change the font color to black when on a white or other colored background; just a thought.

And as far as all of the Steelers fans go and those saying "don't touch that logo!" Really? The Steelers logo is terrible. It's literally a vintage logo of a corporation. Not only that, it's too simplistic, there are too many colors going on, the font is terrible, and (this may be the worst offense) they only use the logo on one side of their helmets! I honestly do not see the love for the Steelers logo... at all. But I digress.

Great concept!

It kinda looks like a corporate logo to me. A nice corporate logo, but it doesn't exactly scream sports to me.

And the current Steelers logo (which IS the old corporate logo of the U.S. Steel Company BTW ;)) screams sports to you? The only reason their current logo says sports is because a sports team has been using it for 40-50 some odd years.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

SR-BW.jpg

How long after the Steelers inception, if anyone knows, did the Steel Company change their logo to this? I always found it interesting.

As for the concept: I really, really, like that top logo! If I were you, however, I would think about putting a black outline around it when shown on a background other than black so that the "S" and the "Steelers" stand out a bit more. Or change the font color to black when on a white or other colored background; just a thought.

And as far as all of the Steelers fans go and those saying "don't touch that logo!" Really? The Steelers logo is terrible. It's literally a vintage logo of a corporation. Not only that, it's too simplistic, there are too many colors going on, the font is terrible, and (this may be the worst offense) they only use the logo on one side of their helmets! I honestly do not see the love for the Steelers logo... at all. But I digress.

Great concept!

I don't know about the US but here in Europe we use a very similar logo it to indicate that a product (or better the material of which it is made) is recyclable.

recycle-symbol-md.png

SR-BW.jpg

Great concept!

I don't know about the US but here in Europe we use a very similar logo it to indicate that a product (or better the material of which it is made) is recyclable.

recycle-symbol-md.png

We use that in America too.

Archived