Another new Sierra Mist logo

sc49erfan15

This is one of those cases where I felt they got the design right the first time around then decided to over think the design afterwards. That 2008-2010 design was just awful however the latest design they had wasn't too bad and worked for the product. Not sure how I feel about the new design.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I liked the font of the 2010 one that only lasted a few months, but then again that background was kinda busy.

This new one, eh the M being a mountain, its kinda contrived.

Worst one is easily the 2008-2010 one, where they had mist look like mist lol what is that.

And sadly this new one I cant see lasting past another couple years either, it kinda gives off the store brand look vibe to me for some reason, oh yea cause it uses an M as a mountain too.

AC_soda_2.png

I saw this at Casey's yesterday and was wondering what was up. Now I know.

It does look quite generic. I feel like if they gave the 2001-2006 logo a more modern feel it would work today.

97uyh0.jpg

Bruh check out my last.fm

And my Rate Your Music

Fantasy Teams: Seattle Spacemen (CFA)

Signature credit to Silent Wind of Doom

To be fair to the 2008 blurry thing, that was right when Pepsi did a total brand overhaul and went with their dark blue cans for a stretch. It wasn't a great time for anyone.

The blurry font is unique, but they put it over a swampy backdrop. I don't want to crack open a can of river water.

They got it right w/ their last iteration where it focuses more on white, lighter greens, and gradients. It was a nice, clean look that didn't try to bullcrap the consumer. Now it's arguably a better design, but does a much poorer job of making the product unique. Like everybody else said, it looks like generic cola nothingness.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The 2001-2006 design was all it ever had to be.

Yep. That's my favorite too. It fits the beverage inside the can the best and looks appealing. The last three don't make me want to drink what's inside the can even though the actual recipe hasn't changed at all.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The 2001-2006 design was all it ever had to be.

Yep. That's my favorite too. It fits the beverage inside the can the best and looks appealing. The last three don't make me want to drink what's inside the can even though the actual recipe hasn't changed at all.

I disagree. I don't like the overabundance of black; it seems unnecessary. I like the inaugural design and the short-lived 2010 design.

I think a simplified update of the 2006-2008 logo would look great.

Basically something like this:

4b8804d9-392d-4261-a15b-a9f2edfa86bc_zps

http://www.hark.com/clips/kzrbmqtvbd-yes

97uyh0.jpg

Bruh check out my last.fm

And my Rate Your Music

Fantasy Teams: Seattle Spacemen (CFA)

Signature credit to Silent Wind of Doom

its an identity that has to keep changing, you never want one of these to become too familiar or stale because its not Coke, Pepsi, or even Sprite. it's the 2nd choice to Sprite, so it's a product that can probably boost sales a bit with new packaging and reinventing itself. the new logo is cool, but is it right for this drink? im not sure what they're going for but if it's to blend in with craft beer labels, then mission accomplished.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I like the can design (background) on the new can but that name font is just horrible.

2006-2008 is my favorite. 2010 was good too.

The one from 2008-2010 with the tree just looks generic and doesn't give you any hint of what the product is. Looks to be influenced by hippie treehuggers too. Gives a swampy feel, not appetizing at all.

87Redskins.png

I've never had Sierra Mist, as it's not sold in Canada. I personally don't mind the new can (agreed that the old one is better), but I like the 99-01 can the best. Bring that back sans-gradient and you have a nice look.

We only have Sprite and 7up here, and I prefer 7up.

:wub:(dance):boogie:(bow):jawdrop::censored:(sleepz):puke::woot::sleeping::hockeysmiley::therock::oops:

I think I like smilies too much!

Archived