Another new Sierra Mist logo

sc49erfan15

I'm personally a fan of the original design best. I remember when it came out and I was in New Jersey visiting my grandmother. It was being tested by Pepsi with another drink called Storm. Both were pretty good, but Sierra Mist was much better. The taste has changed a bit over time, though. It's not bad now. Just ok.

The new design is fine. But, I don't think there was anything wrong with what they had from 2010-2014. But, as many others have said 2001-2006 was probably where it was best designed. 2008-2010 with the woods and misty "Mist" just looks awful. Too much green and reminds me of fungus growing in the wild.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Spotted a bottle of Sierra Mist Cranberry Spash (delicious, btw!) in the store tonight... with yet another new Sierra Mist logo.

sierramistoldnew.jpg?1411591546

For those counting, that's 7 (SEVEN!) since 1999.

1999-2001:

pcmist1.JPG

2001-2006:

pcmist2.JPG

2006-2008:

pcmist3d.jpg

2008-2010:

pcmist09a.JPG

2010:

image_sierramist_2010design_can1.jpg

2010-2014:

55544-can-md.jpg?1333733898

That's more change than Micheal Jackson.

Are they just not happy with their look or are they trying to break a record of some sort...?

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

That's more change than Micheal Jackson.

Are they just not happy with their look or are they trying to break a record of some sort...?

I'm guessing they're just not selling as well as they'd like and are desperate for any sort of attention. Branding is infinitely cheaper to alter than, say, changing the soda's formula. So I imagine.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Just saw the new ones in the store a few days ago, total downgrade. The 2001-06 design was probably the most recognizable and distinctive (I saw it and instantly remembered it), but the 2010-14 design was a good, solid, simple look that fit well.

(Funny thing, I vastly prefer Sierra Mist to Sprite these days)

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

The good thing is, if you hate the design, you only have to wait 1 or 2 years for them to rebrand again.

Even though the one being replaced lasted 4 years.

So does that automatically make the next rebrand 4 years from now?

Nah, clearly theres no pattern lol.

They should just bring back Slice lemon-lime, I recall that tasting better.

Then again I havent drank soda since befoe 2012, so what do I care lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived