This is October: 2014 MLB Postseason Thread

AnythingChicago

So Clayton Kershaw, the best pitcher in baseball and definite Cy Young and MVP Award winner is the first pitcher in baseball to give up 7 or more runs in consecutive playoff games. So does he perpetually have something stuck in his throat in October?

For the rest of you:

keep-calm-and-hate-cardinals.png

The fires in hell must be roasting hot tonight :P

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry, but you can't not like the Royals. They remind me of how teams were built in the '80s. Classic smallball with speed on the basepaths, pitching and defense.

You´re right, i just flat out hate em´......and Baseball is about hitting the ball, not running around stealing and bunting

Both AL series are 2-0. But I'd say either of them is more likely to flip than the Giants or Cards...that's the NLCS I did not want to see. But you can pretty much mark it down.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

What the hell is up with Missouri teams terrorizing Southern California? Such nightmarish results for both the Angels and Dodgers.

Wait for the next NFL season.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm sorry, but you can't not like the Royals. They remind me of how teams were built in the '80s. Classic smallball with speed on the basepaths, pitching and defense.

It's very easy to hate them when you're on the other side.

The thing that I really hate and is kind of scary: These Royals remind me of the 2002 Angels.

Just have to win three in a row. Against the Royals. It's not that hard, right? ...right?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

If STLF (sorry, man; I'm throwing you under the bus here) comes back and starts yapping about the Cardinal Way, feel free to go for it.

No offense taken, at all.

But just FYI, that one message I had in this thread earlier was just me poking the bear. I wasn't serious. Hope that sarcasm came through. I was under the impression CS85 got it based on his gif response, lol. Other than that, I don't think I've really delved into any "what it means to be a Cardinals fan" or "The Cardinals Way" on here in years. I may have responded to some of the Cardinals hate, that wouldn't surprise me, but I try not to seriously feed into it these days.

What the hell is up with Missouri teams terrorizing Southern California? Such nightmarish results for both the Angels and Dodgers.

Wait for the next NFL season.

Oh yes. Georgia "Rachel Phelps" Frontierre being hailed a hero in St. Louis for gutting the native Los Angeles NFL team through shady front office moves, all to move the Rams to her hometown just in time for the "Greatest Show on Turf" to make its mark. I'm surprised a statue of her hasn't been erected yet outside the Edwards Jones Dome.

Alas, however, the world balances out in April/May when the NHL's postseason rolls around. Sometimes, I wish I'd trade a Kings Stanley Cup for either a Giants or Cardinals World Series title; that way, long-suffering Dodgers, Sharks and Blues fans can get that winning feeling. But that's not how life sports work.

I don't care who you root for, I just think it's hilarious how downright salty Cubs fans get over the Cardinals success. And the whole "your fans are SO insufferable!" thing is easily the ONLY foot they have to stand on. It's actually kinda sad.

Insufferable, self-absorbed, racist, homophobic...

Let's set that aside for a moment though. The Cubs and Cards are supposed to be rivals, right? And you have decided to buy into the Cardinals end of that, correct? Well doesn't a rivalry include a degree of hatred and smack-talk? And here you are telling Cubs fans to quit with that. Odd.

Circling back to those Cardinals fans...

"Slightest criticism"? Really? So that's the only thing that's been posted in here, or in the MLB season threads, or anything else over the last couple of years?

Also, "defense mode"? I freely admit that there are plenty of morons going on about "god's team", "the Cardinal Way", and all of that crap. I get why that's annoying. Hell, I hate many of those people.

But the piling on has gotten waaaaaaay past old. Seriously. We get it: you hate the Cardinals. You think all Cardinals fans are inbred, redneck jerks. Shut the :censored: up about it already. If STLF (sorry, man; I'm throwing you under the bus here) comes back and starts yapping about the Cardinal Way, feel free to go for it. But otherwise? It's a tired act. (...which means CS and admiral will make sure to turn it up, while they explode if you should mention another certain team that may or may not play in the NL.)

Well that's good but...

Yes, let's judge one of the largest and most diverse fandoms in hockey by the actions of one idiot.

That's pretty much how it works; fan bases get judged based on their most-visible expressions, which have a tendency to be negative. Hell, we all judge Philly fans for throwing batteries, though I'm pretty sure only a small minority of Philly fans have done that.

You don't get to disown every idiot who does something moronic; it's sad but true.

So yeah. Sorry to say. The "Cardinals Way" idiots? The racist and homophobic morons who call themselves fans? They're part of the fanbase. And they justify the piling on and the snark directed at the Cards.

The Royals' GM is a disciple of the Braves' John Scheurholz when he was GM of the Braves, who came from Kansas City to Atlanta in 1990 himself after being the Royals GM during the 80's, including their 1985 World Series championship. A bit of a "gone full circle" story. Early on, the Braves stockpiled their farm system...then relied on pitching and speed and defense.

Of course, this thing could do a 540 once the Royals season ends....there's some talk that Dayton Moore could come back to Atlanta and become their new GM and that the Royals won't block either party from talking to each other. Although I believe that the further the Royals go, the less likely this move will happen. I don't think Moore leaves should the Royals reach the ALCS.

And Anthony Michael Hall is still alive? What's he doing these days? Figured he would fall victim to drugs.....

But the piling on has gotten waaaaaaay past old. Seriously. We get it: you hate the Cardinals. You think all Cardinals fans are inbred, redneck jerks. Shut the :censored: up about it already. If STLF (sorry, man; I'm throwing you under the bus here) comes back and starts yapping about the Cardinal Way, feel free to go for it. But otherwise? It's a tired act. (...which means CS and admiral will make sure to turn it up, while they explode if you should mention another certain team that may or may not play in the NL.)

Couldn't agree more. It's one thing when the "hate" is coming from legitimate rivals like Cubs fans (sorry, guys, that's the only Cards rival I can come up with.) But hating the Cardinals has become fashion around here. Hating on the Cards is a way to be part of the in crowd or something. It's getting as old as "today were are all..." - a meme that was inspired by...wait for it...the Cardinals.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived