AnythingChicago

This is October: 2014 MLB Postseason Thread

Hmmm... so some of you guys are rooting for the destruction of two major U.S. municipalities and hundreds of thousands possibly a million deaths, including some of my family members. Ok :rolleyes:

No one seriously wants that. Calm down.

The postseason is another level. Teams that get beat 3-0 and 3-1 aren't victims of "SSS randomness," IMO.

We'll just need to agree to disagree then. Three or four games, compared to a 162 game regular season, is the absolute epitome of SSS randomness. If Kansas City and Anaheim played their series three weeks earlier, for example, Anaheim was scorching the earth and KC was scuffling a bit. That series probably turns out different. As it was, they met at a time when Anaheim had cooled and the Royals were in a good run of form.

Three of the four best teams in MLB during the regular season are gone from the postseason after one round. There is nothing anyone can tell me that says this is a good thing for the sport.

Are you kidding? The playoff format is baseball boiled down to its very essence. Everything about the sport is one giant crapshoot, an exercise in many different dueling probabilities getting together to crap out an almost completely random outcome. This is a sport where all but the most abysmally awful teams win 55-60 games and all but the most outstanding will lose at least 60 games. There is a huge amount of inherent randomness in the regular season-the length of the season only sort of cancels it out.

:( Calamity and woe. The DC sports curse continues. This is where I bid the MLB playoffs and this thread adieu. Enjoy the rest of October fellas! My full sports attention has now shifted to the Redskins *sighs*

Well you've got the Wizards to look forward to. They're good at least.

Hmmm... so some of you guys are rooting for the destruction of two major U.S. municipalities and hundreds of thousands possibly a million deaths, including some of my family members. Ok :rolleyes:

No one seriously wants that. Calm down.

Oh I know. That was my sarcastic, dark, weird sense of humor. The rolleyes with the smile was meant :P

And well said rams80.

Lets go Cards ! A huge hit in game 4 Vs. LA, but i doubt Matt Foley can keep it going in the NLCS, but lets pray he can.

I'm Pulling for a 85 rematch for two reasons:

1. To see the Royals win

2. After they do, we can play this song on repeat all we want:

who is darren wilson ?

The cop who killed Micheal Brown in Ferguson, MO. The reason all those riots/protests are going on in St. Louis.

Which there is a separate thread for discussing. I would rather talk about postseason baseball here than social/political matters. Thank you.

oh right.......bad way to show support for the police, keep sport teams out of this stuff

I'm conflicted. I am a HUGE Giants fan and I want to them to take the Series again. But, at the same time I love seeing these small market teams make it this far especially a team like the Royals. If the Giants lose, I want the Royals to take it all.

I'm conflicted. I am a HUGE Giants fan and I want to them to take the Series again. But, at the same time I love seeing these small market teams make it this far especially a team like the Royals. If the Giants lose, I want the Royals to take it all.

I'm really in the same boat. Trust me. If the Cards weren't in it I would be all over the Royals playoff bandwagon right now. It's nice to see all my Royals fans getting this great experience. As long as it doesn't turn into another '85 of course :)

Why come back from commercial for team introductions, when you are just going to talk over them? :therock:

Royals had the bases loaded (all men on via walks) in the top 9th, with nobody out...and the Orioles got out of it with no damage.

Kachipa!

The Royals take a 1-0 ALCS lead over the Orioles in an 8-6 win that went to 10 innings.

The Royals love their extra innings this postseason, don't they?

The Royals have won 8 straight playoff games.

I'm horrified that this is the 2014 edition of the 2007 Rockies. Please don't be that, Royals.