AnythingChicago

This is October: 2014 MLB Postseason Thread

Thanks sportstar1212, was that joke by the TV crew ?

Thanks sportstar1212, was that joke by the TV crew ?

I think they honestly didn't know his name and didn't bother getting because he was just a minor league guy at the time and it was spring training where guys who will never play in an MLB game are a dime a dozen.

I think it was a light hearted thing though.

What happened to the Royals?

Reality.

Midnight struck and they turned into a Pumpkin

Royals aren't dead yet, and Giants fans should well know it.

Last World Series between two wild card teams, the Angels were down 3-2 coming back to Anaheim in 2002. Won Game 6 in extraordinary fashion and went on to win Game 7 and the World Series.

I believe.

Well Royals, at least that'll be the last time you have to face Madison Bumgarner.

Unless the Giants lead late in Game 6 and Bochy puts him in relief.

Game 6 is on Tuesday, which would be two days rest for Bumgarner after pitching a complete game. I could see Bochy going to him with a lead in game 7, but not in game 6 with that little amount of rest.

At this point I'm just rooting for a game 7. We haven't had a world series game 7 since 2011 and that sucked. We haven't a game 7 that anybody wanted to watch since 2002.

I belive too , time for the Moose to kick some obese Panda butt.

So will the Giants win tomorrow or will we have an exciting Game 7?

Would love to see an extra inning Game 7 win by the Royals.

Royals certainly aren't dead... Going back to KC and both Giants starters for 6 and 7 - Peavy and Hudson - are very hittable. If the Giants lose 6, MadBum very well may start 7. I would... He's their best pitcher even on 4 days rest.

I just learned about the news of Oscar Taveras' death, and I am crushed. So much potential lost in one car crash. I was sure that he'd be a Cardinals star for quite a few years, but sadly his career and life are cut way too short. While I (like quite a few of you) have a strong dislike of the Cardinals, I was looking forward to watching his career develop. Sadly, that just isn't going to happen. R.I.P. Oscar Taveras (1992-2014)

Royals certainly aren't dead... Going back to KC and both Giants starters for 6 and 7 - Peavy and Hudson - are very hittable. If the Giants lose 6, MadBum very well may start 7. I would... He's their best pitcher even on 4 days rest.

Bumgarner would be pitching on two days rest. Even with it being do-or-die, no way he starts that game. If it's a close game, he'll probably pitch in the late innings, but you can't expect him to pitch 5+ innings on two days rest.

do-or-die

Not the best phrase to use right now.

do-or-die

Not the best phrase to use right now.

Really?

Joe Buck and the others seems to root for SF like crazy, and only talk about bumgarner and pence for 3 hours straight .

Is it just me or are the FOX crew kissing SF´s butt all night long ? and not showing the Royals any love.

I hope the Royals win in 7. Seeing the Giants win again will just make me feel sick. They've got 2 championships in 4 years. Let another team take it home.

God I hope there's a Game 7, not only will it be only the second since 2002, it will also guarantee we'll see either the first expansion franchise win it all since 2003, or the first road Game 7 World Series win since 1979.

Don't be suprised if the Giants win in big fashion tonight so...............

CJXnsYY.jpg

And now I want the Royals to cream the Giants.