This is October: 2014 MLB Postseason Thread

AnythingChicago

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What annoys me is now the MadBum is in the game we still have to listen to Joe, Harold and Thom continue talk about how good he is, like he's the best thing since sliced bread. Bumgarner is good but c'mon there are more players on the Giants than just him.

Also, this game has the feeling of a dramatic walk-off Grand Slam by the Royals. Then again my predictions haven't been very good, so... :)

Daaaaaaaamn. What a World Series. Those Royals came about as close as you could possibly get to a World Series. Congratulations to the Royals, and Congratulations to the San Francisco Giants on their 3rd World Series in five years!

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Forget it! The Giants have this in the bag! Even though I don't like em', No team in a bright blue cap will ever win the World Series!

The Dodgers have won several World Series.

This was an incredible game. Gordon on third with two outs in the bottom of the ninth was incredible.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Madison Bumgarner surely has to be in the discussion for the greatest Postseason pitchers of all time.

------

I'm gutted for the Royals but at least we had a competitive Game 7 for the first time since '01

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Congrats to the Giants. And holy cow what a postseason performance by Bumgarner. More October magic from San Francisco.

But this will be the worst dynasty in sports history (and frankly shouldn't be considered one at all).

They've averaged 87.4 wins during their "dynasty." They've captured October magic every other year in that span, and that's something everyone that's a fan of the Giants should enjoy, and surely is.

But the dynasty term is going to drive me crazy.

Archived