2014-5 NBA Season Thread: We Are North American Ballerz

buzzcut

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't actually seen a Pelicans game this year, but it's been real fun tracking box scores and seeing Anthony Davis play like a league MVP. Against a full-strength Thunder, Davis had 25 points, 10 rebounds, 6 steals and 4 blocks. Plus 4 assists!

Now there's a lost art. I suddenly feel less informed despite having more basketball info than ever at my fingertips. There was something about quickly scanning over the basic stats of all the day's games... sorry, that phrase just took me back for a moment.

I haven't actually seen a Pelicans game this year, but it's been real fun tracking box scores and seeing Anthony Davis play like a league MVP. Against a full-strength Thunder, Davis had 25 points, 10 rebounds, 6 steals and 4 blocks. Plus 4 assists!

Now there's a lost art. I suddenly feel less informed despite having more basketball info than ever at my fingertips. There was something about quickly scanning over the basic stats of all the day's games... sorry, that phrase just took me back for a moment.

I got to see Anthony Davis last night in the first half of the Warriors game. He looks like a freshman playing on the JV team, but one that has the most raw talent on the floor. He bounces up and down the court, his wingspan is enormous, and he can affect every play around him.

The shame is that he's on a mediocre team in the toughest division. Anthony Davis looks like the definition of a guy who comes into his prime as a Laker. Fortunately, Kobe comes off the books in 2016, which is exactly when Davis is a free agent.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Right when it looked like the Kings were gonna be somewhat decent this year, Demarcus Cousins became sick and will miss a few more games with viral meningitis. This is not a good team without him.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Warriors are no longer allowed to publish videos of them using OT Genasis' "CoCo". I can't imagine why.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The Unibrow has become one of the NBA's elite players already. He might just be the best Center in the league at this stage.

You could cross out the word center, replace it with player and that statement would not be any less accurate in my opinion.

He's better right now then Dwight Howard has ever been. That's as much as I'll say about the center argument. But watching him develop has been incredible.

I had him labeled as a can't miss coming out of college and while I didn't see anything in his rookie year to change that opinion I had of him, I came away a little disappointed by what I saw. I was expecting him to come in and struggle mightily offensively but be in the conversation for defensive player of the year. And almost the exact opposite happened. I didn't think he was much better then average on either side of the ball. But you can develop your offensive game as a big man. So for him to already be an average offensive player at 20, told me he was going to be good. I just didn't know where he was going to fall defensively, because that's something you either have or don't have. But he did show marked improvement in all areas of his game as the season dragged on.

In year two he became the defensive player I thought he was going to be. Offensively he showed improvement as well, but I thought he was pretty close to his ceiling as far as being a player.

I would love to know what happened this offseason with him, because what has taken the court this year is the most well rounded center I've seen since David Robinson. There's just nothing this guy can't do anymore. Defensively he's arguably the best in the NBA. Solid rebounder. Most versatile offensive game of any big man in the NBA today. Can overpower you, or just pull up and hit a 16 foot jumper. He shoots 75% from the line, so you can't hack him.

What's probably the most disgusting thing to consider is that this would be his senior year at Kentucky. Could you imagine this year's Wildcat team with him still on it?

If your looking for active players to peg as potential Hall of Famers, Anthony Davis has to be on that list at this point, because right now he's the most dominant center the league has seen since Shaquille O'Neal.

So it looks like the Cavs figured it out, even with their SF creating more assists than their PG. Also fun is when they have big wins in front of the royals (Royals) and Dion Waters leads all scorers. Nice.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived