2014-5 NBA Season Thread: We Are North American Ballerz

buzzcut

Anthony Davis against the Magic tonight: 26 Pts, 17 Reb, 2 Ast, 3 Stl, 9 Blk.

That's a really good way to start the season.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I literally had no idea tonight was NBA opening night.

Go Lakers?

Nether did I, maybe if most of the NBA coverage wasn't centered around LeBron I may have known.

I knew the Warriors first game was tomorrow, but that's about it.

Jason Terry is a Houston Rocket?

Yep. Just looked it up and he's in Houston.

Meannwhile, (as everyone knows) LeBron is back in Cleveland, Steve Kerr is the Warrior Head Coach, and Jason Kidd now helms coaching duties for the Bucks. Hornets are back in Charlotte and the Oklahoma City Thunder still have a terrible logo. :)

I literally had no idea tonight was NBA opening night.

Go Lakers?

Same here. Someone on my facebook feed said something about the Lakers tonight and that was pretty much my reaction. Lakers? Basketball?

And I guess Randle broke his leg. Well, that sucks.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

So the 40-year-old Steve Nash is out for the entire season for pulling his back lifting luggage.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/11752407/steve-nash-los-angeles-lakers-miss-entire-season

There's more to it than that. If he was dealing with nerve irritation last year, then "pulling his back" probably translates in to "increasing inflamation around the nerve" or "worstening a herniated disk that is now on a nerve or causing inflamation around a nerve". It's pretty much the worst pain that you can imagine, and even if only mild, can be temporarily crippling if you make the wrong movement.

IN other news, the Sixers are 1-0 (in the lottery race, that is.) They just traded for some guy that they waived right away, and aquired picks for 2019!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If last night's season opener is any indication, the Jazz are in for another grow-the-young-guys type of season. Granted, I'm not convinced that they're this year's Suns (as some bold predictors have said), but I'm still not convinced that Utah is the West's worst team. Granted, I really only base this on comparing the Lakers' and Jazz's season openers against a common opponent (Houston). True, Utah was the second team on the tail end of Houston's back-to-back, but the Rockets-Lakers game was over by about halftime while Utah managed to give them about 3 quarters--the difference maker being Houston's red-hot shooting and Utah's ice-cold shooting.

Am I also crazy in saying that Quin Snyder won't be as bad a coach as many make him out to be?

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Heat game was fun to watch. Good thing they pulled away towards the end. I can't imagine what they're going to do in crunch time. Bosh can't exactly handle the ball and Wade isn't going to blow by anyone anymore.

The crowd was great. On time, even. I hope that continues. Even the Marlins do alright on opening day, so we'll see.

PJU85JF.png

LeBron & the Cavs SuperTeam fell flat against the supposedly-crappy Knicks at home. I personally blame their blue jerseys. Knicks nearly blew it with two horrific possessions in the final minute, but Cavs got too jumpy and bumbled away a comeback. You could tell Cleveland was jittery as hell all night, but the handful of times they settled down and found rhythm, they were deadly.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

LeBron & the Cavs SuperTeam fell flat against the supposedly-crappy Knicks at home. I personally blame their blue jerseys. Knicks nearly blew it with two horrific possessions in the final minute, but Cavs got too jumpy and bumbled away a comeback. You could tell Cleveland was jittery as hell all night, but the handful of times they settled down and found rhythm, they were deadly.

Yeah -- the Knicks almost blew it, but you can see how the Cavs will eventually be good when they learn how to play with each other. I don't think Waiters and Irving should be on the court at the same time though. But I also don't like Irving very much.

I'm hoping Ibaka punches Griffin in the face.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived