2014-5 NBA Season Thread: We Are North American Ballerz

buzzcut

This is probably the weakest 2-0 start the Clippers have had. Barely beating a Thunder team without Durant and Westbrook, and letting it come down to the wire against the purple and

yellow team?

And there is your first loss :). Last 2 games have been great for the Kings after the sad first game vs the Warriors. It's weird seeing the dark crowd for a Clippers game.

It's only a few games in, but those early Clippers wins were pretty bad. They beat a Thunder team without its two best players, and a terrible Lakers team that was blown out in its other three games.

I'm always down on the Clippers because they never seem to play to their potential. They might well win their next 10, but they're just as likely to blow it against bad teams.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've pretty much accepted that the CP3 era is just the Joe Johnson Hawks all over again... and after all the hype, this team looks worse than last year's.

The only game I've been able to sit and watch this season was against the Lakers and the Clips played struggle ball almost the whole night. It's almost like they are taking their talent for granted and just going through the motions. Not what I expect from a Doc lead team, but I guess it's still early.

I've pretty much accepted that the CP3 era is just the Joe Johnson Hawks all over again... and after all the hype, this team looks worse than last year's.

The only game I've been able to sit and watch this season was against the Lakers and the Clips played struggle ball almost the whole night. It's almost like they are taking their talent for granted and just going through the motions. Not what I expect from a Doc lead team, but I guess it's still early.

Lee, I pretty much feel the same way in regards to the Clips...it's like they're buying more and more into their own hype. Unlike some other Clipper fans across other message boards and on Facebook, I'm not calling for trades or Doc relinquishing his front office duties three games in and a less than a week into the season.

Another big problem besides the glaring weakness at small forward, is that now Blake having a jumpshot, he's falling in love with it too much. I only saw the first half of yesterday's game, but he almost shot them out of the game.

Another big problem besides the glaring weakness at small forward, is that now Blake having a jumpshot, he's falling in love with it too much.

He still can't shoot properly, he releases the ball already on his way down, as he has done the last couple of years. (Actually, I saw him shoot in the proper way in his early pre-draft work-out videos). I'm really amazed that they can't teach one to shoot properly in the best professional basketball league in the world...

--

On the Heat; maybe it's too late to act smart, but while everyone were writing them off after LeBron left them, I still expected them to be in the top-tier of the east. They still have two superstars, Chris Bosh in his prime AND Dwayne Wade. And all of a sudden they've become a lot more likeable. (Cavs fan)

So are the Thunder going to sign some free agents....

What for?

There's roughly 450 players that start the season on NBA rosters. Assuming these are the 450 best players in the world, how much of an impact do you see Player #451 and beyond having?

He is referring to the fact that Durrant and Westbrook are both injured.

The Thunder have applied for the Injured Player Exception.

When the NBA approves their "Hardship Exemption".

The NBA requires independent doctors to look at extended injuries and a doctor questioned Anthony Morrow's MCL sprain in terms of the length of time he was to miss.

http://m.newsok.com/oklahoma-city-thunder-notebook-roster-exception-might-not-come-until-wednesday/article/5363362

OKC is at the NBA roster limit, so they cannot move until told.

Their request should be approved today.

What for?

There's roughly 450 players that start the season on NBA rosters. Assuming these are the 450 best players in the world, how much of an impact do you see Player #451 and beyond having?

He is referring to the fact that Durrant and Westbrook are both injured.

The Thunder have applied for the Injured Player Exception.

They still need four players to miss 2 weeks or more, and Morrow's injury was in question even before last night's game. If one is determined to be out that length, they cannot return "early".

The Cavs aren't setting the world on fire.

Do you think Boston would take Irving for Rondo, straight up? I bet LeBron's had about enough.

EDIT: Seriously, why does the starting PG have 0 assists and lead all scorers? Irving has always been a phony and now he's being exposed.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

If I was Boston I'd do that deal in heart beat. Hell I'd trade Kobe for kyrie straight up but I don't think Cleveland will do it.

Irving reminds me AI an undersized SG that if he was 4 or 5 inches higher he'd be the best player in the league.

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

Cavs fall to 1-3. Sky be falling. (And if not for a ticky-tack continuation rule, they could be 0-4)

Dwight Lakers 2.0! David Blatt is the new Mike Brown!

And the Cavs had 6 assists. Total. They're like the bizarro opposite world 7 Seconds or Less Suns if Steve Nash was selfish

Yeah, this is why I didn't like the Love deal. Why hot-shot things and inflate expectations when you're obviously going to need some time to gel, because this isn't going to be like the Celtics' or the Heat's "Big 3" first year. Both of those trios knew each other pretty well beforehand, these three don't have that luxury. Okay, so Wiggins definitely wasn't, and isn't, ready now. But jeez, who better to teach a teenager about life in the NBA than the "best player in the NBA," who also entered the league when he was a teen? I can't help but think that the excitement of LeBron's return took over and caused things to get a bit out of hand.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Warriors up big on the Clippers at Oralce with 4:28 remaining in the third period. Steve Kerr just got his first Technical as head coach (from Joey Crawford). Kerr was arguing that CP3 was carrying the ball. Kerr might have a point, but doesn't everyone in the league carry the ball a little?

Archived