5. New York Islanders

6. Washington Capitals

8. Pittsburgh Penguins

9. Columbus Blue Jackets

10. Philadelphia Flyers

14. New Jersey Devils

16. Carolina Panthers

First, Carolina whats?

Second, there's a whole lot of stuff going on there in your Metro and I agree with none of it. (Besides Carolina being at the bottom.)

Third, as funny as it would be to have San Jose fall out, they won't and not for Vancouver.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

San Jose does seem to be in some what of a situation with leadership and what not, but the Pacific is too thin outside of LA and Anaheim. A third team must get in and it's not going to be any of the Canadians or Arizona. San Jose gets in by default but gets slaughtered in the first round (even while wearing teal), prompting a massive shakeup.

Colorado is a playoff team but not any further than the first round. You flip P.A. Parenteau for old man Briere (thank you) and lose Stastny. They do have a great, young top 6. But all in all, I think that's a step back before they move forward again (which won't be long).

sig.png

San Jose does seem to be in some what of a situation with leadership and what not, but the Pacific is too thin outside of LA and Anaheim. A third team must get in and it's not going to be any of the Canadians or Arizona. San Jose gets in by default but gets slaughtered in the first round (even while wearing teal), prompting a massive shakeup.

Colorado is a playoff team but not any further than the first round. You flip P.A. Parenteau for old man Briere (thank you) and lose Stastny. They do have a great, young top 6. But all in all, I think that's a step back before they move forward again (which won't be long).

I agree with both of these. For all their bumbling and stumbling this summer, the Sharks still have a very impressive roster, certainly more impressive than those of the non-Californian teams. That said, it is still not and never has been good enough to win a championship. It's mind-blowing that the Sharks didn't set this season aside as the McDavid tank year. Everything lined up for it with the Thornton/Marleau expiries yet they stuck with their core and added tons of useless plugs. Weird.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I agree with both of these. For all their bumbling and stumbling this summer, the Sharks still have a very impressive roster, certainly more impressive than those of the non-Californian teams. That said, it is still not and never has been good enough to win a championship. It's mind-blowing that the Sharks didn't set this season aside as the McDavid tank year. Everything lined up for it with the Thornton/Marleau expiries yet they stuck with their core and added tons of useless plugs. Weird.

That's a multi-year project. You can't expect to catch up to the team(s) that have been prepping for this in just one off-season. Hell, even if you forfeit all 82 games, you only have a 20% chance of getting the #1 pick. There's a good consolation prize this year, but still...

The West is absolutely stacked, but there's a clear cut line between playoff teams and non.

(In no particular order)

LA

Anaheim

Chicago

St. Louis

Minnesota

Dallas

San Jose

Colorado

---------------------

In the East, there's really no clear cut favorite. Boston is the usual suspect, so they're obviously a lock. I think Pittsburgh takes a step back as well.

Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh, Montreal, NY Islanders, New Jersey, NY Rangers, Washington, Philadelphia, Detroit, Toronto, Columbus, heck even Buffalo are all capable of making the playoffs or missing the playoffs (some more than others).

sig.png

That's a multi-year project. You can't expect to catch up to the team(s) that have been prepping for this in just one off-season. Hell, even if you forfeit all 82 games, you only have a 20% chance of getting the #1 pick. There's a good consolation prize this year, but still...

Let Thornton go, let Marleau go, trade Pavelski, few more moves and you really could have cleared the decks and been just as bad as Buffalo if not worse. In the Western Conference, the losses would have really added up. They could have done it, they're just paranoid about The NHL'S Best Fans disengaging with the team out of the playoffs.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Atlantic:

Tampa Bay ( lose in ECSF)

Montreal

Boston

Toronto (sleeper)

Detroit

Florida

Ottawa

Buffalo

Metro

Pittsburgh

NY Islanders (sleeper)

Washington

New Jersey

NY Rangers (lost a lot of leadership and grit)

Philadelphia

Columbus (4 of their top 6 out makes me think this)

Carolina

Central

St.Louis

Chicago

Colorado

Dallas

Minnesota

Nashville

Winnipeg

Pacific

Anaheim

Los Angeles

San Jose

Vancouver

Arizona

Edmonton

Calgary

5 out of the Central will again make it into the Western playoffs.

untitled-6.jpg

PACIFIC
1. Los Angeles
2. Anaheim
3. San Jose

4. Vancouver
5. Edmonton
6. Calgary

7. Arizona

CENTRAL
1. Chicago
2. Minnesota
3. St. Louis

4. Dallas
5. Colorado

6. Winnipeg

7. Nashville

METROPOLITAN
1. Pittsburgh
2. Columbus
3. New York Islanders
4. New Jersey

5. Washington

6. New York Rangers
7. Philadelphia
8. Carolina

ATLANTIC

1. Tampa Bay

2. Boston

3. Montreal
4. Toronto

5. Detroit
6. Florida
7. Ottawa
8. Buffalo

PLAYOFFS

EAST

Pittsburgh over New Jersey

Columbus over New York Islanders

Tampa Bay over Washington

Montreal over Boston

Columbus over Pittsburgh

Montreal over Tampa Bay

EAST FINALS- Montreal over Columbus

WEST

Chicago over Dallas

Minnesota over St. Louis

Colorado over Los Angeles

Anaheim over San Jose

Chicago over Minnesota

Colorado over Anaheim

WEST FINALS- Chicago over Colorado

STANLEY CUP- Chicago over Montreal

sport-scarf_vikes_zps08004021.png

• 7 months later...

You didn't just edit that did you buddy? Lol...

I did absolutely atrocious, other than picking the 2 right teams in the WCF. I picked Nashville and Calgary to finish last in their divisions. And I call myself a hockey fan.

PACIFIC
1. Anaheim
2. Los Angeles
3. San Jose

4. Vancouver
5. Edmonton
6. Arizona

7. Calgary

CENTRAL
1. St. Louis
2. Chicago
Minnesota

4. Dallas
5. Colorado

6. Winnipeg

7. Nashville

METROPOLITAN
1. Pittsburgh
2. NY Rangers
3. NY Islanders
4. Columbus

5. Washington

6. Philadelphia
7. New Jersey
8. Carolina

ATLANTIC

1. Boston

2. Montreal

3. Tampa Bay
4. Detroit

5. Toronto
6. Buffalo
7. Florida
8. Ottawa

PLAYOFFS

EAST

Boston over Washington

Pittsburgh over Columbus

NY Islanders over NY Rangers

Montreal over Tampa Bay

Boston over NY Islanders (gives Nassau Coliseum a nice little playoff run for the swansong)

Montreal over Pittsburgh

EAST FINALS- Montreal over Boston

WEST

Anaheim over Colorado

St. Louis over Dallas

Los Angeles over San Jose

Chicago over Minnesota

Anaheim over Chicago

Los Angeles over St. Louis

WEST FINALS- Anaheim over L.A.

STANLEY CUP- Montreal over Anaheim :winner:

sig.png

METROPOLITAN

1. New York Rangers

5. New York Islanders

6. Washington Capitals

8. Pittsburgh Penguins

9. Columbus Blue Jackets

10. Philadelphia Flyers

14. New Jersey Devils

16. Carolina Panthers

First, Carolina whats?

Second, there's a whole lot of stuff going on there in your Metro and I agree with none of it. (Besides Carolina being at the bottom.)

Third, as funny as it would be to have San Jose fall out, they won't and not for Vancouver.

Whoever made this Metro division prediction was bang-on, except for the nickname for Carolina. (Well, the Capitals and Islanders tied in points and NYI had more overall wins. Capitals won the actual tiebreaker, but essentially 2A and 2B.)

Zach should send this guy some money for making him eat his hat.

Archived