NC State Alternate Logo

aeargle

Wow this are absolutely genius.

I prefer the thick white outline in the original. It provided a central focus point for the logo, kind of an area of the logo where the eyes are drawn to. Without it, the logo looks a bit static. That being said, the original looks like the outline around the wolf is too overpowering for the state outline. Not sure what to tell you about that.
Also, I'm not quite a fan of the slash-ness of the state outline, especially around the coast. Doesn't really match the less-abstract wolf. Maybe make the shape closer to the actual shape of the borders, with more angles than flame-like shapes. The lump that makes up the border with South Carolina is kinda bugging me too.

That second logo is lovely too; nice retro feel to it. Again, I would maybe touch up the state shape.

This is a really nice start. I don't have an issue with black in the mouth area. In fact, I'd say that you need black in areas other than just the neck. The color distribution in the wolf is what you could improve. The bottom portion is all black. The middle red. And the top almost all light colors of white and gray. But these colors do not interact much at all. Also you could have the neck of wolf cropped off at the lower state border so the head fits within the state more naturally. The wolf looks really nice, it just could use some tweaking of colors.

Archived