Carolina Hurricanes

B-mer

Got bored and started looking at the hurricanes and their new set. I'm not a huge fan but liked some elements, and honestly their AHL team wears the home set better.

But, I took a crack at unifying the set a bit. I sublimated the warning flag design to help keep the stripes [mostly] consistant.

While I like how the Nike templates look with the name on the back, I don't think reebok did it well here. So I took that away for a normal yoke, but honestly I think I might just go yokeless. Thoughts?

canes_zps167cd421.png

I love the inclusion of the hurricane flags. It's honestly what is missing with their current set. But, I would try to add them to the sleeve stripes, as well. See how it might look. If it's faint like the others I think it could work nicely.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Huge improvement over the current set. Adding shoulder patches does the set a world of good, as does matching the striping from the road white. It no longer looks a Team Canada jersey with a hurricanes logo slapped on.

Thanks guys. Speaking of the shoulder patches, what do you think about having them both face backward like the left shoulder so it looks like the flag is blowing in the wind when skating forward? I had thought of doing that on the helmet too.

As a Canes fan, I'd be just fine with this. Not perfect, but it solves a lot of problems with the current set. And I completely agree with WildWinger: I think that the sublimated flags would be great on all of the stripes, even the socks. It would add a modern, unique touch to an otherwise very reserved look.

Also, I wouldn't mess with the shoulder patches, if only because the black triangle is supposed to (loosely) resemble the shape of the Triangle's cities: Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill. Reflecting one of the logos would eliminate this detail:

Triangle.png

EDIT: also, I'd prefer to see the black numbers on the road set outlined in red, only because the silver outline looks completely out of place (as it does currently).

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Thanks dgnmrwrw. I appreciate getting a fan of the team's perspective. And i did not know that about the triangle!

Here is an update based on the suggestions with the flags on all stripes and the change to the numbers. I couldn't make the adjustment on the arm numbers with the program i have now, so use your imagination.

canes2_zps1aa1979b.png

and here is the same without the red yoke on the road jersey:

canes3_zps5c022e01.png

and here is another version of the road. We'll call it option C.

canes4_zps53c21dd0.png

EDIT: Looking at it some more i feel like the roads should have red number/letters with black outline.

Archived