Cubs vs White Sox-Crosstown Classic specials

Discrim

It's been a while, I know. Anyways, I got a special edition duo of dueling concepts here...Cubs and White Sox, Crosstown Classic edition

First, the Sox

crosstownwhitesox.png

I was thisclose to putting the stars on the front of the whites...so close.

and the Cubs

crosstowncubs.png

some of you may recall my modernized bear and bat from last year, it makes a reappearance here with a slight tweak. When I was in the sketching stages, I briefly considered piping for the whites,

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

This would be a really cool idea if the MLB did this. Or have both teams wear throwbacks for the crosstown/cross-state rivalries.

My only beef with your concept is the spacing of the middle two stars on your Cubs C. Other than that this is really cool work. Would love to see you do more crosstown/cross-state rivalries and such.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I absolutely love these! What an original idea. I've often wondered why none of the Chicago teams wore the flag colors (although I guess the Sox did for a few years in the '70s).

The only thing I'd do differently is to change the blue logo to white on the red Sox cap.

I REALLY like that Sox home.

Thanks

Great stuff!!

Thanks man

This would be a really cool idea if the MLB did this. Or have both teams wear throwbacks for the crosstown/cross-state rivalries.

My only beef with your concept is the spacing of the middle two stars on your Cubs C. Other than that this is really cool work. Would love to see you do more crosstown/cross-state rivalries and such.

Far as more crosstown/cross-state rivalries...I won't lie, I'm thinking about it. Got a Giants-Dodgers idea I might work on. Far as the weird spacing, yeh, I meant to fix that.

LOVE LOVE LOVE every thing about this! It works your way but I think the Sox caps are interchangeable. Great stuff

Thanks, I see what you mean, and honestly I could've simply used the star/sock cap for both unis. Other than using the same color scheme, though, I'm not sure how you could really say the same for the red cap/white jersey combo...but then the late 70s Sox had the vintage CHICAGO lettering paired with the modern SOX on the caps, so I could be wrong.

I absolutely love these! What an original idea. I've often wondered why none of the Chicago teams wore the flag colors (although I guess the Sox did for a few years in the '70s).

The only thing I'd do differently is to change the blue logo to white on the red Sox cap.

Yeah, they did...granted, only on the road, but still. Far as the blue Sox logo, I wanted to differentiate this cap from the early 70s cap, if only slightly (though as mentioned, I could've simply used the cap I paired with the altered '83's as the sole Crosstown cap)

Fantastic

Thank you, thank you.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• 2 weeks later...

Archived