A consistent set of redesigned MLB logos

PrimaPrime

I got a wild idea to tinker with the MLB logos a bit, just for fun, to create a consistent look that's nevertheless personalized to each team. So far I've gotten the AL East + Nationals + Rockies done, and I'll update this post as I finish the others.

Here's an album of the first seven.

They're definitely a tad rough around the edges, but overall I'm happy with how they came out.

C and C is welcome!

I really like the concept, as it is very interesting. However, the lines definitely need to be smoother and I would choose a different font; Brush Script is very "Microsoft Word cliche." I could actually see these being interesting t-shirt ideas.

A neat application for this could have been to put them around a stadium as kind of a tribute to the old outfield walls, but instead put them along a concourse wall to highlight all the cities in the leagues. Can't give you an A for execution on all of them, but I like the idea and want to see you see it through.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I too like this. Pretty original.

However, like you and others said the edges are rough, certainly need to fix that, as well as the brush script across the board. I would think about downloading and using the fonts for each team to make it a little more personalized.

Also, your "clear mountain stream" looks more like the opening to a tee-pee. I would definitely curve that at least a little bit to make it look more like a stream.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I'm not going to reiterate what has already been said about lines and what not. My comment is with the logos themselves. Baseball is unique in that almost every team has their own script word mark. Most other sports have block fonts. I feel like the banners should really emphasize the individual word marks. I know it breaks away from the template you are trying to use, but I think it will really go a long way.

Archived