hettinger_rl

University of North Dakota Fighting Pike *UPDATE* FB Jerseys

Great thought about "flipping" the eye. Here is a revision set on red (sweater color):

1zfh3wx.jpg

Well done h....Love it.

That pike would destroy my hockey cod !

I think you nailed it with that last version. Great job!

Added yellow as an accent color here and placed on jersey:

ang5yc.jpg34e3h9y.jpg

soquxg.jpg

And if you're not a fan of the yellow, this is what it would look like without:

t64ff6.jpg

I feel four colors is just way too much overkill. You also don't need the yellow/white outline around the fish. I think the navy outline by itself would suffice. I would also consider putting the double hook W's on the shoulders, or just one hook W.

Great thought about "flipping" the eye. Here is a revision set on red (sweater color):

1zfh3wx.jpg

So cool!

I agree that the yellow is cluttering it up. I think your arm stripes are a little weird, but it may look good IRL. I don't know a lot about hockey jerseys.

The yellow isn't the problem, it's the two shades of green. Go with the lighter shade. I like the addition of red :)

The yellow isn't the problem, it's the two shades of green. Go with the lighter shade. I like the addition of red :)

Maybe fix the setting on your monitor cause I only see one shade of green.

Your lines could use some smoothing up on your double W's logo, but other than that this is awesome! All of this coupled with the wordmark would make a fantastic minor league team or even could see it as a NHL team. Great work sir!

Maybe fix the setting on your monitor cause I only see one shade of green.

Your lines could use some smoothing up on your double W's logo, but other than that this is awesome! All of this coupled with the wordmark would make a fantastic minor league team or even could see it as a NHL team. Great work sir!

Saskatoon Water Wolves?

I am making the green lighter and red deeper, the color palette I was going off of was not right. The lighter green pops more and the red is moved into a more accentual role:

dny7vm.jpg

Here is the set:

Primary:

2nu6b83.jpg

Secondary:

20sgdjb.jpg2a7hawk.jpg

Alternate:

121yjj8.jpg

Home Jersey:

dny7vm.jpg

Away:

2cgo5k5.jpg

Can't decide between alternates:

2rn7ts5.jpg2iurhwn.jpg

i really like the logos but not a fan of the jerseys at all. The striping doesn't work for me.

i really like the logos but not a fan of the jerseys at all. The striping doesn't work for me.

Home and away were fashioned after the Manitoba Moose jerseys, and the Alt after the Sabres anniversary.

Great work on the primary logo! I was not expecting a Pike when I clicked on this thread, I was expecting a wolf based on the name. Big fan of using research in designing sports logos "wolves of the water". Keep it up!

Great work on the primary logo! I was not expecting a Pike when I clicked on this thread, I was expecting a wolf based on the name. Big fan of using research in designing sports logos "wolves of the water". Keep it up!

Thanks for the comments. I'm big into research too, the name and imagery need to tie into the area. (otherwise you end up with things like the LA Lakers and Utah Jazz!)

I prefer the red jersey by a country mile. Your logo contrasted perfectly with that bright red, which was also a really attractive shade. Now you have a primarily green logo on a primarily green background and the details get lost.

I may have found a better use for this image. The northern pike is the state fish of North Dakota so....The UND Fighting Pike:

21e2kja.jpg

Seem to be many versions of UND kelly green, but I narrowed it a bit. Jerseys just to further visualize the idea.

153s8jl.jpg2vd4dx3.jpg

2hq5tw7.jpg

That would be a pretty cool mascot for UND. Great logo too.