St. Louis Cards Fleur De Lis Shirt Design

Jimmyfru

Hey Guys,

I have a shirt design available on cottonbureau.com, but would love to hear some feedback on the fluer de lis cardinal design. Thinking of turning it into a full redesign of the STL Cards (Which would be a hard project). Any C&C would be appreciated and if you want, you can buy the shirt here: https://cottonbureau.com/products/fleur-de-cards

Thanks guys! Go Cards! Go Royals!

2555_james-fruth_fleur-de-cards_2_2400.j

I think this is a really nice design (Cardinals fan here), and I can see the Flor-de-lis in it, but for some reason I could see people missing it when they first look at it. I don't really know how to fix that but maybe it's just me. Great work

Nice concept. The cardinal's turned head messes up the peak of the fleur de lis, making it less recognisable as that shape, so attempting more of a full-face cardinal might help. You could also consider an outline or superimposing the cardinal on an actual fleur de lis to drive the point home.

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

Nice concept. The cardinal's turned head messes up the peak of the fleur de lis, making it less recognisable as that shape, so attempting more of a full-face cardinal might help. You could also consider an outline or superimposing the cardinal on an actual fleur de lis to drive the point home.

I agree with this. I would have no idea that it fits into the shape of the fleur de lis if you hadn't mentioned it. A thick outline in the shape of a fleur de lis would do the trick I imagine.

Agreed the fleur de li could be driven home a bit more, but disagree with the front facing Cardinal... I like it. Just the tuft on the top of the head is not centered. Which is normal, but takes away a bit from what you're going for.

And put me in the category of not liking "Baseball City". Granted... it is, during the spring, summer, and usually part of the fall :) But I would rather have "Baseball Club" or just "Cardinals" on the bottom. I would definitely buy one if so. Already know people who would buy this. I'll spread the word and the link ;)

It is a pretty nice rendering none the lease! Nice job!

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Thanks for this feedback guys! The only reason I choose "City" over club because it was more to connect with St. Louis, but I will see how it looks. Also, I will try to do a forward facing treatment. Thanks everyone! Keep it coming if possible!

My Father in Law is a huge Cards fan and he works on the Mississippi as a dredge engineer. He loves to incorporate the Fleur De Lis logo into his work logos, bar room and other projects.

This is a great concept, and I think it would more than likely be a big hit in the St. Louis market.

5f6789e7-80cd-4d9b-af90-b70a526ce9c2.jpg

Saw this the other day on CB and thought it was really good. You might change the type up a bit and i think "club" sou ds better than "city" which actually reminds me of soccer

I dont think you need to do anything to the bird. The FDL is clear enough that i saw it right away and never knew STL had any ties to it. What makes it great is the subtle shape and hint at a FDL, it dosent hit you right in the face with a forced FDL shape around it. Ill be disappointed if you shoe horn a containing shape around it to make it scream its message when its already strong and recognizable for those who are supposed to get it

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived