Uniforms that would be better with a different logo

This should probably get moved to the logos folder as opposed to the talk-about-sports folder, but yes, the skating penguin would have looked great on those sweaters. Robo-Penguin would have been an acceptable shoulder logo at the time (the fact that it's a simpler graphic makes it reproduce at smaller sizes better), but the skating penguin never should have gone away.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

ever see a good looking jersey ruined by an ugly logo? a good example of this would be robo penguin jerseys. they are not bad jerseys and are ruined by a bad logo. imagine these with the skating penguin... 7.jpg

The white would look far worse without that brilliant little beauty on them. The script black is lame though, and that streaky chest stripe is a mess regardless of the logo.

Anyway I'd have to go with the original Hurricanes uniforms. I adore that storm flag striping but the swirling toilet logo is hideous.

Phillies, Bears, and new NYFC fan.

The Kings crown logo isn't even very good to begin with. Too much going on, and a face can be seen in it. If the LA pencil shield had the crown replaced with a simplified version, that would at least be a marginal improvement.

--

On that note, any of the Stadium Series uniforms - Kings included - would have looked ten times better without the Godawful chrome logos. If not for that (or the fact that it's impossible to get hold of) I would own a Ducks one now and be OK with it as an alternate.

anaheim-ducks-alternate-orange.jpg

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

ever see a good looking jersey ruined by an ugly logo? a good example of this would be robo penguin jerseys. they are not bad jerseys and are ruined by a bad logo. imagine these with the skating penguin... 7.jpg

Speaking of those jerseys, I think the clichéd diagonal lettering ruins the middle jersey.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

'Pittsburgh' is way too long a word to be used diagonally. Add a drop shadow and it clutters up the front big time.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Robo-Penguin certainly wasn't the worst logo the NHL has seen, but with the good times the club saw under the skating penguin, Robo-Penguin feels especially soulless and sterile and corporate. It could be a logo for a refrigeration company. I just love the skating penguin so much.

Hey, call me crazy, but grey/silver would have fit in nicely in the middle of the hem/sleeve stripes. Call it Steel Grey for added Pittsburghiness.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Put a webbed-D on that and we have one of those "they got it right" looks

74427732.jpg

Replacing the logo would be a big improvement, but even then they'd have been left with a dull uniform that doesn't stand out all that well on TV, especially with the gold and white bleeding into each other and the orange disappearing into the black.

Still, nice photo choice :D

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived