Uniforms that would be better with a different logo

I disagree about the Dolphins. The striping and number font on those uniforms scream "modern", so a throwback logo would clash. A modernized version of the leaping dolphin would certainly have worked, though, and that's what they should have done.

I always loved the red and orange color scheme of these, but was never too crazy about Bucco Bruce:

134858361.0_standard_730.0.jpg

Would have loved to have seen the Rays use these colors. What represents the sun better than red and orange?

IMO the Baltimore Orioles downgraded with the cartoon bird. The realistic bird was a superior logo to me.

I'd have to disagree. I love the cartoon bird. And as someone that isn't a huge MLB fan, I enjoy seeing that logo on my TV when baseball is actually on my set.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I also like the realistic bird better. The cartoon one is fun... but it doesn't look like an oriole. It's some generic Looney Tunes bird in an oriole's colors.

Edit: And it's really dumb the way that it doesn't have an outline around part of its beak.

Love the Robo Penguin.

**runs and hides**

You are not alone. **reaches out sympathetically**

I thought I was the only one.

78f23750ace80c7af726bc4917eb2c7a37e5bc10

I love the robo penguin as well! It's even in my sig.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

The Kings crown logo isn't even very good to begin with. Too much going on, and a face can be seen in it. If the LA pencil shield had the crown replaced with a simplified version, that would at least be a marginal improvement.

You mean like this?

5892_los_angeles_kings-alternate-2012.pn

I would personally like to see them use this logo as a primary.

I disagree about the Dolphins. The striping and number font on those uniforms scream "modern", so a throwback logo would clash. A modernized version of the leaping dolphin would certainly have worked, though, and that's what they should have done.

I always loved the red and orange color scheme of these, but was never too crazy about Bucco Bruce:

134858361.0_standard_730.0.jpg

Would have loved to have seen the Rays use these colors. What represents the sun better than red and orange?

I forgot how much I love the creamsicles until today. Those are gorgeous uniforms, but Bucco Bruce is an awful logo. Put a re-coloured version of their current primary logo on the helmet, and you'd have an instant classic uniform.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

IMO the Baltimore Orioles downgraded with the cartoon bird. The realistic bird was a superior logo to me.

I think the happy bird is the only thing that stops the O's uniforms from being great. I like the early 1990s bird before it became too "realistic". But there are a two things that I'll always be in the minority on: Animal head logos are generally preferred to full body logos (thank you Detroit Lions for not following) and campy cartoon logos are beloved (happy bird, helmet-wearing dolphin, beer barrel man). Maybe I am just humorless

The O's with their 1992 hat would be beautiful.

I have two others. First, the creamsicle Bucs. I loved the uniforms and still do. But Bucco Bruce is a bit too detailed. The white shell, orange mask, and "orange/red/orange" stripes were beatiful, as was the rest of the uniform, but Bruce, while I have some nostalgic love for him, was not a very good design.

Second, Patriots of the 1980s. Pretty much the same problem as the Bucs...great uniforms with overly-detailed logo on the helmet. I accepted Pat the Patriot (or whatever he was called) because I grew up with him. Flying Elvis was a tough change for me to accept. But Elvis flat out looks better on a helmet. What does not look better? Everything else about the Patriots change. And with the R/W/B Bills and Texans wearing more blue than red, I wish that R/W/B pats still wore more red.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

These

Would be better with this

I think a vintage logo would really work with those uniforms

....I really don't get the hate for the new Dolphins logo.

me neither...

I like the Dolphins new logo too. Moreover, I don't get the love for the old logo. OK, so most people like campy logos (as I discuss above). And they did clean it up from the poorly-drawn version shown here. I grew up thinking that the orange circle was a hoop that it was jumping through at Sea World or something (even though by then the dolphin was totally in front of it). The little straight dashes coming out seem amateurish...the late 1990s to 2012 version was definitely better. The illustration was better and the little dashes were removed. But a dolphin in a football helmet? If this was bran new today, I think it may be decried as "minor league." (If they had to have it, though, I liked that there was an "M" on the helmet and like that the new happy bird has O's instead of a random blob; even if a "B" would be better).

When (not if, when) they go back to a version of this logo I hope they emulate the Sun on the new logo (or do even more to the sun, like emulate the below that someone here did). That would make it more evident that it's the sun. Actually, now that I am looking at the concept, maybe just go with this...less campy but maybe not as "cruise line logo" as some of you think of the current...

(Concept thread here: http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/90580-miami-dolphins-redesign/...Great uniforms too)

As for the original post quoted here...regardless of the logo, I don't think these uniforms should be with either one; I'd say that something from Marino's era would be better with the current logo.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

A lot of the criticism of the new logo is how soulless it feels. It looks like a logo you'd find on a cruise ship or sunscreen bottle. Yeah the old logo was campy, but it had history and character. When your team is called the DOLPHINS I think you're allowed a campy logo.

Archived