Alternate Super Bowl Fields - Super Bowl LI (Steelers vs Packers)

pitt6pack

Super Bowl XIX

xA8eSj5.png

(9-7) Pittsburgh and (10-6) Chicago both upset the top teams in each conference. In the Super Bowl the Bears Walter Payton and the Steelers receivers John Stallworth and rookie Louis Lipps put put on a show, but in the end its the Bears defense that forces a big turnover in the fourth as the fridge put a hit on Walter Abercrobie and the Bears after the turnover put six on the board. As the Steelers try to make a comback late, Mark Malone throws a pick six and the Bears go on to win 37- 24.

< Super Bowl XVIII First Post Super Bowl XX >

I'm not sure, but I think XIX was the first Super Bowl broadcast by ABC.

Would XX have been a more competitive game with the Rams and Dolphins?

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Super Bowl XX

ovvrtra.png

After winning Super Bowl XIX it seemed the Bears were unstoppable, until nine of their defensive starters and five of their offensive starters go out with injury's, giving the Rams the opportunity to upset the Bears. In the AFC the Dolphins are able to hold back the Patriots as Dan Marino takes the Dolphins to the Super Bowl in only his third season.

You may notice the Dolphins endzone is not orange for this game, although it was for the actual Super Bowl XIX. I did this for a reason. The same crew would paint the fields each year, and in Super Bowl XVII the Dolphins endzone was torques. Most likely they went to orange the next time the Dolphins went to the Super Bowl because of the facemask color being torques and how it wasn't as noticeable with the same ednzone color. So for this alternate world I'm following the same pattern with the Dolphins having a torques endzone for XX and an orange endzone for XXVI (which is a great combo with Detroit).

< Super Bowl XIX First Post Super Bowl XXI >

Super Bowl XX

ovvrtra.png

After winning Super Bowl XIX it seemed the Bears were unstoppable, until nine of their defensive starters and five of their offensive starters go out with injury's, giving the Rams the opportunity to upset the Bears. In the AFC the Dolphins are able to hold back the Patriots as Dan Marino takes the Dolphins to the Super Bowl in only his third season.

< Super Bowl XIX First Post Super Bowl XXI >

Dieter Brock and the Rams. I'm better then Dieter Brock! At what? Connect Four?

Hey, in this reality he can tell his kids he slayed Goliath and got to the Super Bowl, but his plucky and overmatched Rams got steamrolled by Marino's 'Phins.

Da Bears weren't celebrated on SNL by Chris Farley, it was Da Fins!

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Super Bowl XXI

mBz7UMU.png

The drive stalls, opening the door to a Browns team that wins three conference championships in four years. The Redskins flip the script in the second half of the NFC championship, and score 17 while shutting out the Giants bringing the game to overtime. A missed field goal by the Giants on their first drive allows the Redskins to drive down the field and make their field goal attempt completing the upset that puts them in the Super Bowl.

< Super Bowl XX First Post Super Bowl XXII >

Super Bowl XXI

mBz7UMU.png

The drive stalls, opening the door to a Browns team that wins three conference championships in four years. The Redskins flip the script in the second half of the NFC championship, and score 17 while shutting out the Giants bringing the game to overtime. A missed field goal by the Giants on their first drive allows the Redskins to drive down the field and make their field goal attempt completing the upset that puts them in the Super Bowl.

< Super Bowl XX First Post Super Bowl XXII >

Perfect design for Cleveland's end zone.

Would be interesting to see if the pregame hype gets overshadowed by protests over Washington's nickname. I'm sure a few hundred would gather in Pasadena.

Does Washington start Jay Schroeder or Doug Williams? Would Bernie Kosar have a good enough offensive line to keep him upright against Dexter Manley and Darryl Grant?

Would Washington wear white shirts and burgundy pants and Cleveland wear brown shirts and white pants?

Down by 2 and the backs to his own endzone, Bernie Kosar led a methodical drive into field goal range, and for the first time since Super Bowl IV, there was a parade in downtown Cleveland, the Browns snatched victory from the jaws of defeat beat the Redskins 21-20 in Pasadena for Super Bowl XXI.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Loving this thread so far..... interestingly, would the Patriots have made it to the Super Bowl in this universe? Also, would Tom Brady have all his acclaim?

In my opinion he would be like the Payton Manning of our universe, going to Super Bowl XLI after years of coming close with great teams, and goes to two other Super Bowl's later in his career, in this case XLVII and XLVIII.

Super Bowl XXII

v437qKY.png

The Vikings upset last years NFC champions, the Redskins. In the AFC championship, the Browns down 38-31 score on an 8 yard touchdown run by Byner, who almost had the ball stripped as he headed towards the endzone. The Browns tie the game and send it to overtime where they score on a 43 yard TD pass from Kosar. The Browns enter the Super Bowl looking for a chance to maintain their title as NFL champions.

< Super Bowl XXI First Post Super Bowl XXIII >

Super Bowl XXII

v437qKY.png

The Vikings upset last years NFC champions, the Redskins. In the AFC championship, the Browns down 38-31 score on an 8 yard touchdown run by Byner, who almost had the ball stripped as he headed towards the endzone. The Browns tie the game and send it to overtime where they score on a 43 yard TD pass from Kosar. The Browns enter the Super Bowl looking for a chance to maintain their title as NFL champions.

< Super Bowl XXI First Post Super Bowl XXIII >

Would Cleveland have an easier time against Minnesota in XXII than they did against Washington in XXI?

I can see Kosar shredding the Vikings secondary by throwing to Reggie Langhorne and Webster Slaughter for three touchdowns at the most.

Maybe Byner burns the Minnesota D on the ground?

Super Bowl XXIII

arpBnWh.png

The actual Super Bowl XXIII field is one of my favorites, and it also looks great in the alternate universe.

The Bills enter the second half of a tight AFC championship and just run away with the game behind Jim Kelly and Thermon Thomas. The Bears were able to keep the NFC championship close and they eventually pull out a win in the end.

This may be unrelated, but does anyone know when the Bills changed their wordmark?

Here's the old that they used in their Super Bowl aperances:

bANSRkd.png

And here is what they use now

fHspy8Y.png

I only realized this yesterday when I was making the Bills actual field. The biggest difference seems to be in the 'S' and that's how I originally noticed the difference. This site doesn't have the newest wordmark and maybe that's how I missed it.

< Super Bowl XXII First Post Super Bowl XXIV >

Super Bowl XXIV

cwxcP1A.png

The Browns look to create a dynasty as an underdog to an L.A. Rams team coming off an upset over the leagues best team and division rival San Francisco.

< Super Bowl XXIII First Post Super Bowl XXV >

Super Bowl XXIV

cwxcP1A.png

The Browns look to create a dynasty as an underdog to an L.A. Rams team coming off an upset over the leagues best team and division rival San Francisco.

< Super Bowl XXIII First Post Super Bowl XXV >

In this Super Bowl, we don't see the utter beatdown the Niners put down onto the Broncos. Bernie Kosar's late-game management fizzles under the florescent glare of the lights in the Superdome and the Rams return to La-La-Land with another Lombardi trophy in their trophy closet.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Super Bowl XXV

edvVNHW.png

This Super Bowl begins the epic saga of Joe Montana and Steve Young. In the NFC championship, Joe Montana goes down with an elbow injury that will keep him off the field for the better part of two years, giving Steve Young the start in Super Bowl XXV as the 49ers are able to hold off the Giants with a 13-12 victory. The Raiders return to the Super Bowl after pulling off a shocking upset the top seeded Bills.

And just an update on the Bills wordmark question, it was updated in 2011 (Just put up on this site).

< Super Bowl XXIV First Post Super Bowl XXVI >

Archived