Alternate Super Bowl Fields - Super Bowl LI (Steelers vs Packers)

pitt6pack

Super Bowl XXVIII

P1BkKhG.png

For the second consecutive season Steve Young leads the 49ers over a tough Cowboys team. Former 49ers quarterback Joe Montana leads the surprising Chiefs to their first Super Bowl after beating the Bills who have now lost four consecutive conference championships. This sets up one of the most anticipated and memorable (alternate) Super Bowl's in history as Montana leads his underdog Chiefs against his former team.

< Super Bowl XXVII First Post Super Bowl XXIX >

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Super Bowl XXVIII

SZYpqZO.png

For the second consecutive season Steve Young leads the 49ers over a tough Cowboys team. Former 49ers quarterback Joe Montana leads the surprising Chiefs to their first Super Bowl after beating the Bills who have now lost four consecutive conference championships. This sets up one of the most anticipated and memorable (alternate) Super Bowl's in history as Montana leads his underdog Chiefs against his former team.

I'm going to be very biased on this. As die-hard Chiefs fan, I believe in my heart that had this Super Bowl been played, the Chiefs would've won in my opinion.

0JZafhY.gif7YcM9pl.gif

qsNLfmj.gifbIW6GIL.gif

Super Bowl XXVIII

SZYpqZO.png

I'm going to be very biased on this. As die-hard Chiefs fan, I believe in my heart that had this Super Bowl been played, the Chiefs would've won in my opinion.

Such a beautiful field..... I'm loving the thread because it gives me something new each day to look forward to in the Concepts section.

I wanted the whole Montana vs. Young thing to happen in the Super Bowl that year. Especially since the Bills and Cowboys had just played the prior season.

Now, in the this alternate world, does NBC lose their broadcast rights to FOX?

iq5b7nF.png

Super Bowl XXVIII

SZYpqZO.png

If that would have happened, the next day may have been a red-letter day in sports talk radio history. Fans in the Bay Area would be calling up and praising Joe to the hilt, calling him the "best ever" over and over again. Also, I bet that DeBartolo and Young get the worst of it, especially Young.

Then, Montana retires, and is honored by DeBartolo, his former 49er teammates, and the adoring fans in the Bay Area in a public ceremony. After that, Young, who realizes that he will never win over these fans, demands a trade, and is sent to, ironically enough, the Chiefs for a 1995 #1.

Super Bowl XXVIII

SZYpqZO.png

If that would have happened, the next day may have been a red-letter day in sports talk radio history. Fans in the Bay Area would be calling up and praising Joe to the hilt, calling him the "best ever" over and over again. Also, I bet that DeBartolo and Young get the worst of it, especially Young.

Then, Montana retires, and is honored by DeBartolo, his former 49er teammates, and the adoring fans in the Bay Area in a public ceremony. After that, Young, who realizes that he will never win over these fans, demands a trade, and is sent to, ironically enough, the Chiefs for a 1995 #1.

That would be an interesting scenario. Are you sure the 49ers wouldn't let the Jaguars or Panthers select Young in the 95 Expansion Draft?

As for the field, the amount of red and gold from both teams would've made for an awesome matchup.

Super Bowl XXIX

eDsOSbB.png

On their third attempt, Aikman and company rout the 49ers on their way to the Super Bowl. After giving up 14 unanswered points in the second half, Pittsburgh mounts a final drive down to the 9 yard line. On fourth and goal on the 3 with only seconds remaining, Neil O'Donnell somehow squeezes in a pass to Foster for the game winning score, setting up a rematch of Super Bowl VII.

< Super Bowl XXVIII First Post Super Bowl XXX >

Super Bowl XXIX

eDsOSbB.png

On their third attempt, Aikman and company rout the 49ers on their way to the Super Bowl. After giving up 14 unanswered points in the second half, Pittsburgh mounts a final drive down to the 9 yard line. On fourth and goal on the 3 with only seconds remaining, Neil O'Donnell somehow squeezes in a pass to Foster for the game winning score, setting up a rematch of Super Bowl VII.

< Super Bowl XXVIII First Post Super Bowl XXX >

I think we see something relatively closely to Steve Young's 6 TD performance, except it's Troy Aikman and Pittsburgh playing much better football then San Diego did. Dallas wins the Super Bowl, dispatching Pittsburgh 48-33.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Except for the lack of Redskins SBs (they've been in 5!) I love the thread. The old end zone designs are so much better than anything we see today and the alternate matchups with teams that should have been in the big game like the Oilers and Browns...very entertaining!

87Redskins.png

I've been throwing around some endzone ideas for Super Bowl XXXI. Originally I was planning on black (Panthers) and Teal (Jaguars), but I was having a hard time getting the teal to work for their wordmark (I am going teal for XXXIV). Then I figured I'd start messing around to see what looked best. In the actual Super Bowl XXXI New England had a red endzone for the only time with their wordmark from the time and no white border, so it opened up all possibilities for the endzones in this Super Bowl, which was also the first to break from the helmets in the endzones. Let me know which combos or endzone/wordmark color combos you all think would be best because I've been having a hard time deciding.

Jaguars Options (I haven't cleaned up the wordmark yet so its a bit rough)

WFaIofd.png

EOkybSe.png

oG7SI1n.png

UC50ZvU.png

Panthers Options

XFxokHq.png

4d8jOCg.png

kz0wCxF.png

em4Qc81.png

IMHO

Option one for the Jags and Option four for the Panthers! ;-)

2 and 1. Just going off of what would likely happen in that era.

Jags #3

Panthers #2

I guess I might have to do a couple of fields for this one. The field that I originally made for this was the gold Jaguars and the black Panthers. I think if this were an actual Super Bowl most likely we would have seen a teal Jaguars and a black Panthers as jc... said, but I think the gold Jaguars wouldn't have been too much of a suprize. For the Panthers I think in almost all cases they would have had a black endzone. The only other endzone I could see for them is the first silver option, and I think they would have only gone to that if they used a black Jaguars endzone.

So here is what I'll do, I'll use the first teal Jaguars and the black Panthers as the office alternate field, and then I'll through together a few alternate color combo fields together based on the suggestions, because it seems no one can really agree on what we would have had for that game.

Super Bowl XXX

iaK8YOw.png

The Steelers take a late lead in the AFC championship game, and all that's left is a Jim Harbaugh desperation heave to the endzone with five seconds to go. The pass sails into the endzone and its unclear what has happened until Aaron Bailey comes up with the ball. The pass is ruled a touchdown, but it is later reviled on replay that the ball had hit the turf. Either way the Colts are on their way to Arizona for the Super Bowl. In the NFC the Cowboys are trying to repeat their title, but Brett Favre's Packers keep pace with Aikman's offensive power house, and the Packers pull out a tight win 41-38.

Field notes: I used the same wordmark for the Packers that they used in Super Bowl XXXII.

< Super Bowl XXIX First Post Super Bowl XXXI >

In the real world; Texas Stadium was Brett Farve's house of horrors; he never won there in his NFL career. Here, he gets one win; and it's one of the biggest wins in Packers franchise history.

The Pack Attack make Jim Harbaugh see red and the Super Bowl trophy finally lands in Green Bay.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Super Bowl XXXI

55RVVKd.png

Two teams in only their second year as a franchise were able to advance to their respective conference championship games. Down 17-10 at the half, the Panthers take a Favre interception to the house to start things off in the third. The game goes back and fourth until finally the Panthers are able to win on a John Kasey field goal, 30-27. For Jacksonville, instead of ending the game with three consecutive turnovers, they score three consecutive touchdowns as they take down the Patriots 27-20.

I'll have the other fields up later today.

< Super Bowl XXX First Post Super Bowl XXXII >

Archived