Alternate Super Bowl Fields - Super Bowl LI (Steelers vs Packers)

pitt6pack

Don't make me cry again...

Well at least in this series the Vikings win, and Brett Favre get them to a Super Bowl.

Love this series

really brings back memories

Its been fun to work on. Brings back memories for me too, although the furthest Super Bowl back I actually remember watching was XXXVI.

Where did that Super Bowl happen?

XXXIV was in Atlanta.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Super Bowl XXXV

qP9pRNL.png

The Raiders return to the Super Bowl after finding a way to defeat on of the best defenses in NFL history. The Vikings with Culpepper and Moss leading the charge win in a shootout with the Giants.

< Super Bowl XXXIV First Post Super Bowl XXXVI >

Super Bowl XXXIV

IeCYsfv.png

In this alternate universe the Music City Miracle doesn't happen, sending the Colts to Jacksonville for the AFC championship. The young Peyton Manning is harassed by the Jaguars defense as Jacksonville pummels the Colts 33-14. In a tight game with the favored Rams, the Buccaneers give up a touchdown with under 5 minutes to go in the fourth. With 47 seconds to go Bert Emanuel makes an 11 yard reception giving Tampa a first down at the 11 yard line (not overturned by replay). Two plays later rookie quarterback Saun King scrambles and runs the ball in himself for an 8 yard score. This sets up a match-up with two Florida teams in the Super Bowl.

< Super Bowl XXXIII First Post Super Bowl XXXV >

does this scenario assume that the Colts defeat the Bills? I figure if Flutie was starting, the MCM doesn't happen and possibly he would lead his team over the Colts. Possible Jacksonville/Buffalo AFC final?

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Super Bowl XXXV

qP9pRNL.png

The Raiders return to the Super Bowl after finding a way to defeat on of the best defenses in NFL history. The Vikings with Culpepper and Moss leading the charge win in a shootout with the Giants.

< Super Bowl XXXIV First Post Super Bowl XXXVI >

The Raiders get humbled by the high-octane Vikings offense; and the Vikings steamrolled the Raiders; winning 35-14.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Super Bowl XXXVI

Pet5mKa.png

In the AFC championship, the top seed Steelers struggle early, finding themselves down 14-3 at the half. In the third quarter the Steelers storm back, making it a 21-17 game. In the fourth quarter, the Patriots make a field goal to extend the lead to 7 points. Later in the quarter Joey Porter intercepts Drew Bledsoe and takes the pick in for a score to tie the game (a pass that Porter dropped ion the actual game). After a missed field goal from 50 yards out by the Patriots, the Steelers are able to drive for a 32 yard field goal as time expires to get the win 27-24. In another close contested game with the Eagles down 29-24, McNabb throws an interception on 4th and 7 with only 2:20 remaining in the game. But an illegal contact penalty is called on the opposite end of the field giving the Eagles a first down at the 50 yard line. The Eagles are able to drive the field, and with 27 seconds to go McNabb finds Duce Staley on short pass, and Staley takes the ball the final 23 yards for the game winning score.

Because I'm a Steelers fan, I'll do a Super Bowl scenario for this game, but as always fell free to come up with your own.

Like the conference championship games, Super Bowl XXXVI comes down to the final minute. For the third time as Steelers head coach, Bill Cowher leads his team to the Super Bowl. Having lost in his first two attempts, he is getting the reputation as a coach who can't win in big games. Eagles coach Andy Reid is leading the Eagles to the Super Bowl for the first time in franchise history (and will make in three straight in the coming years). The game goes back and forth in the first half, with the Eagles up 17-14 at halftime. In the second half the Steelers take the first possession to a first and goal at the 2. Four straight times the Bus takes the ball up the middle and gets stuffed by the Eagles defense. Riding the momentum Philadelphia goes 99 yards in 5 plays to take a 24-14 lead. The Eagles round out the third quarter with a field goal to go up by 13. The Steelers are able to fight back as Amos Zereroue and Jerome Bettis pound the ball down the field in chunks, with Bettis eventually finding the endzone. The Steelers defense is able to hold back the Eagles for another drive. The Steelers next possession again finds success, but inside the redzone, Kordell Stewart throws a pick in the back of the endzone for an Eagles touchback. The Eagles are able to run down valuable time as the get as far as the Pittsburgh 48 before having to punt. With one time out and 3:07 on the clock, the Steelers again are able to move the ball down field, and with 1:30 left Hines Ward makes a 26 yard touchdown catch to put the Steelers up 28-27. With time still left, the Eagles are able to drive to the Pittsburgh 30 yard line, setting up a game winning field goal attempt from 48 yards out with 7 seconds remaining. But David Akers turns out to be no Vinatieri from our universe, and the kick sails left and the Steelers take home their second Super Bowl title (XI, XXXVI).

< Super Bowl XXXV First Post Super Bowl XXXVII >

Super Bowl XXXVI

Pet5mKa.png

In the AFC championship, the top seed Steelers struggle early, finding themselves down 14-3 at the half. In the third quarter the Steelers storm back, making it a 21-17 game. In the fourth quarter, the Patriots make a field goal to extend the lead to 7 points. Later in the quarter Joey Porter intercepts Drew Bledsoe and takes the pick in for a score to tie the game (a pass that Porter dropped ion the actual game). After a missed field goal from 50 yards out by the Patriots, the Steelers are able to drive for a 32 yard field goal as time expires to get the win 27-24. In another close contested game with the Eagles down 29-24, McNabb throws an interception on 4th and 7 with only 2:20 remaining in the game. But an illegal contact penalty is called on the opposite end of the field giving the Eagles a first down at the 50 yard line. The Eagles are able to drive the field, and with 27 seconds to go McNabb finds Duce Staley on short pass, and Staley takes the ball the final 23 yards for the game winning score.

Because I'm a Steelers fan, I'll do a Super Bowl scenario for this game, but as always fell free to come up with your own.

Like the conference championship games, Super Bowl XXXVI comes down to the final minute. For the third time as Steelers head coach, Bill Cowher leads his team to the Super Bowl. Having lost in his first two attempts, he is getting the reputation as a coach who can't win in big games. Eagles coach Andy Reid is leading the Eagles to the Super Bowl for the first time in franchise history (and will make in three straight in the coming years). The game goes back and forth in the first half, with the Eagles up 17-14 at halftime. In the second half the Steelers take the first possession to a first and goal at the 2. Four straight times the Bus takes the ball up the middle and gets stuffed by the Eagles defense. Riding the momentum Philadelphia goes 99 yards in 5 plays to take a 24-14 lead. The Eagles round out the third quarter with a field goal to go up by 13. The Steelers are able to fight back as Amos Zereroue and Jerome Bettis pound the ball down the field in chunks, with Bettis eventually finding the endzone. The Steelers defense is able to hold back the Eagles for another drive. The Steelers next possession again finds success, but inside the redzone, Kordell Stewart throws a pick in the back of the endzone for an Eagles touchback. The Eagles are able to run down valuable time as the get as far as the Pittsburgh 48 before having to punt. With one time out and 3:07 on the clock, the Steelers again are able to move the ball down field, and with 1:30 left Hines Ward makes a 26 yard touchdown catch to put the Steelers up 28-27. With time still left, the Eagles are able to drive to the Pittsburgh 30 yard line, setting up a game winning field goal attempt from 48 yards out with 7 seconds remaining. But David Akers turns out to be no Vinatieri from our universe, and the kick sails left and the Steelers take home their second Super Bowl title (XI, XXXVI).

I like the Super Bowl scenario, but here's my AFC Championship take:

Late in the divisional round game between the Raiders and the Patriots, referee Walt Coleman concludes that he does not find enough irrefutable evidence to overturn the initial call of a fumble by Tom Brady. The Raiders recover and are able to run out the clock and win the game 13-10. There is much controversy over whether or not the play should have been ruled as an incomplete pass rather than a fumble due to a little known rule known as the "tuck rule." Nonetheless, the Raiders advance to the AFC Championship for the second straight year.

In the Championship game, the Raiders' mediocre defense is unable to stop Jerome Bettis and Amos Zereroue who combine for over 175 yards and 2 TDs, along with an excellent 3 TD, 250 yard performace by Kordell Stewart, with 2 TDs to rookie Plaxico Burrass and 1 to Hines Ward. On the other side of the ball, the potant Raiders offense is able to deliver a respectable performance, but Rich Gannon is harrassed all game long by the Steelers front seven, who succeed in sacking him 5 times. The Steelers cruise to the Super Bowl with a 38-24 win.

Super Bowl XXXVII

pOUFLbR.png

In the AFC divisional round, Titans kicker Joe Nedney pulls off one of the greatest acting performance in NFL history, after a terrible kicking performance, to draw a running into the kicker penalty (I'm still bitter about this game, but I do admit a Tommy Maddox lead Steelers team would never have won the Super Bowl that year). Somehow in all the crazyness the Titans win, so that makes me have to put them through to the Super Bowl. The Eagles on the other hand are the top seed in the NFC, and after last season's tough Super Bowl loss they storm through the playoffs. In the Super Bowl the Eagles demolish the Titans. Kicker Joe Nedney breaks his leg after missing a field goal, but for a few seconds everyone thinks he's faking again. Either way the Eagles win 48-6.

I may have been a bit harsh there, but like I said, I'm still bitter over that divisional game.

< Super Bowl XXXVI First Post Super Bowl XXXVIII >

Super Bowl XXXVI

Pet5mKa.png

Am I wrong to think this is a little biased? ;)

Here is my take on the alternate 01 NFC Title:

With the Eagles down 29-24, and about 1:40 remaining, N.D. Kalu blocks a punt and takes it to the house (almost happened in reality). Then, on the next play, the Rams fumble the kickoff for the second time in the half, but this time, Philly recovers, and goes on to the Super Bowl (St. Louis fumbled the opening kickoff of the second half, but they recovered).

Super Bowl XXX

iaK8YOw.png

The Steelers take a late lead in the AFC championship game, and all that's left is a Jim Harbaugh desperation heave to the endzone with five seconds to go. The pass sails into the endzone and its unclear what has happened until Aaron Bailey comes up with the ball. The pass is ruled a touchdown, but it is later reviled on replay that the ball had hit the turf. Either way the Colts are on their way to Arizona for the Super Bowl. In the NFC the Cowboys are trying to repeat their title, but Brett Favre's Packers keep pace with Aikman's offensive power house, and the Packers pull out a tight win 41-38.

Field notes: I used the same wordmark for the Packers that they used in Super Bowl XXXII.

< Super Bowl XXIX First Post Super Bowl XXXI >

That would've been one gorgeous looking Super Bowl... especially if the Colts decided to wear their road whites even though they were the home team.

Super Bowl XXX

iaK8YOw.png

The Steelers take a late lead in the AFC championship game, and all that's left is a Jim Harbaugh desperation heave to the endzone with five seconds to go. The pass sails into the endzone and its unclear what has happened until Aaron Bailey comes up with the ball. The pass is ruled a touchdown, but it is later reviled on replay that the ball had hit the turf. Either way the Colts are on their way to Arizona for the Super Bowl. In the NFC the Cowboys are trying to repeat their title, but Brett Favre's Packers keep pace with Aikman's offensive power house, and the Packers pull out a tight win 41-38.

Field notes: I used the same wordmark for the Packers that they used in Super Bowl XXXII.

< Super Bowl XXIX First Post Super Bowl XXXI >

That would've been one gorgeous looking Super Bowl... especially if the Colts decided to wear their road whites even though they were the home team.

Indy would've been the home team for that game, so they definitely would've gotten to select the white jerseys.

Super Bowl XXXVIII

OrJq80Y.png

Payton Manning leads the Colts past the top seed Patriots in the snow in Foxboro. The Eagles make it to their third straight Super Bowl after taking down the Panthers at home.

< Super Bowl XXXVII First Post Super Bowl XXXIX >

Super Bowl XXXVIII

OrJq80Y.png

Payton Manning leads the Colts past the top seed Patriots in the snow in Foxboro. The Eagles make it to their third straight Super Bowl after taking down the Panthers at home.

< Super Bowl XXXVII First Post Super Bowl XXXIX >

Edit: Changing my storyline.

The Colts jump out to an early lead with Payton Manning throwing a 65 yard strike to Marvin Harrison on only the third play. The Eagles are able to storm back, however, as McNabb leads them on a 6 play, 70 yard drive capped off with a 2 yard TD run by Duce Staley. The Eagles excellent secondary is able to hold Manning in check for most of the first half, and McNabb and Akers add a touchdown pass and field goal respectively, to give the Eagles a 17-7 lead at half time. The Eagles and Colts trade punts to start the 2nd half. On their second possession, McNabb takes advantage of a bad punt to lead a 55 yard, 5 play scoring drive, putting the Eagles up 24-7. On the next possession, Manning gets in a groove and leads a 77 yard drive with 0 incompletions, capping off with a 20 yard TD pass to Reggie Wayne. Duce Staley fumbles on the second play of the next drive, and the Colts recover on the 25 yard line. Three plays later, Manning throws his 3rd TD pass, this time to Dallas Clark, cutting the lead to 24-21. The Eagles are held scoreless until the end of the 3rd quarter, when Akers hits a 38 yard field goal, increasing the lead to 27-21. The Colts first drive in the 4th quarter looks promising, but stalls on the 38 yard line. However, Mike Vanderjagt kicks a perfect, Super Bowl record setting 55 yard field goal bringing the score to 27-24. The teams trade punts, and the Eagles secondary resumes shutting down Manning for most the 4th quarter, and the Colts' defensive line holds McNabb in check. Then, late in the game, Manning leads an 85 yard drive down the field, capping off with a 35 yard TD pass to Marvin Harrison with just over a minute remaining to take the lead. The Eagles drive furiously, making it to the Colts' 25 yard line before the Colts stop them and force a turnover on downs. Manning kneels out the final seconds. Final Score: Eagles 27 Colts 31.

Super Bowl XXXIX

XPpkC0V.png

The Falcons are able to knock off the three time defending NFC champion Eagles as Mike Vick pulls a second straight great playoff performance. The Steelers lead by rookie Ben Roethlisberger who has not lost a start, continue that streak as the Steelers fight past the Patriots late to reach the Super Bowl.

Again as a Steelers fan I would like to be biased and say the Steelers don't lose a game all season with Roethlisberger as the starter, but I don't feel like coming up with a big story, so this game is decided by you guys.

< Super Bowl XXXVIII First Post Super Bowl XL >

Super Bowl XXXIX

XPpkC0V.png

The Falcons are able to knock off the three time defending NFC champion Eagles as Mike Vick pulls a second straight great playoff performance. The Steelers lead by rookie Ben Roethlisberger who has not lost a start, continue that streak as the Steelers fight past the Patriots late to reach the Super Bowl.

Again as a Steelers fan I would like to be biased and say the Steelers don't lose a game all season with Roethlisberger as the starter, but I don't feel like coming up with a big story, so this game is decided by you guys.

While Pittsburgh had a good defense, I don't think they match up all too good against an extremely mobile QB. Atlanta sneaks out a win; but it's a dogfight.

Maybe a 35-31, or 40-35 score.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Super Bowl XXXIX

XPpkC0V.png

While Pittsburgh had a good defense, I don't think they match up all too good against an extremely mobile QB. Atlanta sneaks out a win; but it's a dogfight.

Maybe a 35-31, or 40-35 score.

10 year old me probably would have went crying behind a couch somewhere if that scenario took place, so way to make young me cry.

Anyways, I'll be doing more than one field for Super Bowl XL because I like what they did with the endzones that year. So I was thinking Broncos-Panthers for the main field and then, Redskins-Colts, Patriots-Bears, Jaguars-Giants, and finally Bengals-Buccaneers. I only have the main field done, and I don't think I'll get the other 5 finished until after Thanksgiving, but these are worth the wait in my opinion.

10 year old me probably would have went crying behind a couch somewhere if that scenario took place, so way to make young me cry.

I'm not sure. One hand, the Steelers make a living nightmare for Vick. On the other hand, Vick does the same to the Steelers.

At least they won the Keystone Showdown against the Eagles; just like they would've if that matchup happened IRL.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Archived