Alternate Super Bowl Fields - Super Bowl LI (Steelers vs Packers)

pitt6pack

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My simulations:

RnGLoz8.png

dJuSwLz.png

A few notes from these games:

• Only one two time MVP. That was Brian Westbrook, a running back for Philly who won the honors in XXXVIII and XLIII.
  • 5 defensive MVPs, including a streak of three straight from XLIV to XLVI.
  • 1 special teams MVP. Kevin Butler, in XXIII, who kicked four field goals including a game-winner.
  • 4 MVPs from the losing team: Billy Parks in VII, Cliff Branch in XII, Mike Thomas in XV, and Tony Dorsett in XVI.
  • There were eight blowouts: VI, VIII, XXII, XXV, XXVI, XXXI, XXXVIII, and XLIII.
  • There were four overtime games: IX, XXVII, XXXIV, and XLVII
  • The games that were decided by a last-second field goals are: XVI, XVIII, XXIII, XXXII, XLII, and XXXIX.

I did not pick the MVP of each game. What If Sports is so extensive in it's game recaps that it provides box scores, stats, play-by-play, and game MVP. I used their MVP, not one I picked. As you can see, it's mainly running backs and wide recievers that win MVP. QB's don't win every one.

• 2 weeks later...

This is REALLY freaking awesome.

I have some requests since you did some alternate fields for teams that didn't even make the conference title games:

Super Bowl 30/32 with the Chiefs and Packers/Cowboys (In this alternate world, the Chiefs made a SB on turf)

Super Bowl 14 with the Buccaneers/Chargers (SD's made 3 alternate world SB that all took place indoors)

Super Bowl 28 featuring the Houston Oilers (Made 3 alternate SB's on grass) against any NFC team

Super Bowl 42 featuring Chargers (Since they never made SB 29 during their 1988-2006 run with that logo/uni) against any NFC team

Super Bowl 15 with Falcons vs. Bills/Chargers (Completely different logos/color versions)

A silver endzone version of the Seahawks from SB 18

This is REALLY freaking awesome.

I have some requests since you did some alternate fields for teams that didn't even make the conference title games:

Super Bowl 30/32 with the Chiefs and Packers/Cowboys (In this alternate world, the Chiefs made a SB on turf)

Super Bowl 14 with the Buccaneers/Chargers (SD's made 3 alternate world SB that all took place indoors)

Super Bowl 28 featuring the Houston Oilers (Made 3 alternate SB's on grass) against any NFC team

Super Bowl 42 featuring Chargers (Since they never made SB 29 during their 1988-2006 run with that logo/uni) against any NFC team

Super Bowl 15 with Falcons vs. Bills/Chargers (Completely different logos/color versions)

A silver endzone version of the Seahawks from SB 18

I'm glad you've enjoyed this thread! I was able to fill most of your requests. I've had some internet problems and I've been very busy with the holidays so it took me a while to get these done. I haven't done Super Bowl XV yet because I don't know what the Falcons wordmark was for back then, so if anyone knows point me in the right direction please. For Super Bowl XLII I already made the Chargers vs Packers for this series so if you want me to make another field for Super Bowl XLII featuring the Chargers let me know.

Super Bowl XIV - Buccaneers vs Chargers

ourL4jL.png

Super Bowl XVIII - Seahawks vs 49ers

I wanted to do silver originally for this field, but I didn't because the Seahawks helmets were silver, and the NFL avoided having the same endzone and helmet colors for teams for Super Bowl's

livfAh5.png

Super Bowl XXVIII - Oilers vs Cowboys/Lions

CWyffnE.png

I was only going to do Dallas as the NFC team, but I wanted to do another field with the Lions because their endzone looks so good

bynWnDG.png

Super Bowl XXX - Chiefs vs Packers

Tbheqy5.png

Super Bowl XXXII - Chiefs vs Cowboys

This would have been a good looking field

EhDHo9C.png

Enjoy the New Year everyone, and I'll have a Super Bowl XLIX alternate field up January 19th after the conference championship games.

Hey I love these. I have a request. Could you try doing XLIII and XLV with the outlines around the conference logos (the ones they used in XLI) but in grey instead of the light blue they used? I'm a fellow steelers fan and wanted to see how these would've looked in the end zones. Also, I think for the super bowl logos they can make it work with the current kind but make it more unique to the host city. Like the secondary logos they use with the stadium in the background should become the one and only logos. Also, they should incorporate the skylines of the cities like they did in XLVIII. I think the XLVIII was the best logo yet in the new format. They have a lot of potential and can become almost of a symbol like the Olympics' rings logo are.

This was a request made in the Super Bowl Field Database, but I decided it was more appropriate to fill it here.

Super Bowl XLIII

YchRWl7.png

Super Bowl XLV

8jzuFVL.png

I think the grey works much better for Super Bowl XLV because it is the color of the logo. I tried many times doing some kind of design around the conference logos for Super Bowl XLIII with the blue and green of the logo, but it just doesn't work with the green because it is the same color as the grass.

My simulations:

RnGLoz8.png

dJuSwLz.png

• Only one two time MVP. That was Brian Westbrook, a running back for Philly who won the honors in XXXVIII and XLIII.
  • 1 special teams MVP. Kevin Butler, in XXIII, who kicked four field goals including a game-winner.
  • 4 MVPs from the losing team: Billy Parks in VII, Cliff Branch in XII, Mike Thomas in XV, and Tony Dorsett in XVI.
  • There were eight blowouts: VI, VIII, XXII, XXV, XXVI, XXXI, XXXVIII, and XLIII.
  • The games that were decided by a last-second field goals are: XVI, XVIII, XXIII, XXXII, XLII, and XXXIX.
I did not pick the MVP of each game. What If Sports is so extensive in it's game recaps that it provides box scores, stats, play-by-play, and game MVP. I used their MVP, not one I picked. As you can see, it's mainly running backs and wide recievers that win MVP. QB's don't win every one.

Very nice.

How did you do those simulations?

My simulations:

RnGLoz8.png

dJuSwLz.png

Very nice.

How did you do those simulations?

he used whatifsports.com for the simulations. its a really good site for simulating games if you need to

7wldHiW.png

Chelsea.png

I meant SB 41 for the Chargers (The 14-2 Marty Schottenheimer season, also the last season with that specific logo/uni):

I actually think the Packers endzone if it was yellow with PACKERS in green would look really sharp.

I had to do a blue endzone for the chargers here because yellow just doesn't work. I think the only reason the endzone was yellow in Super Bowl XXIX was because of the blue helmets.

I think this would have made a nice field, and I was rooting for the Chargers to win it in the '06 playoffs after the Steelers missed, but mostly I didn't want the Patriots to win and I wasn't a huge Manning fan back then.

QAglSGM.png

Can you please do a sb 50 with 49ers Raiders. Just curious to see how it would look

Filling a request made in Super Bowl Field Database

Super Bowl 50

49ers vs Raiders

s0Jmv8M.png

The numbers aren't correct because I still can't find the number font for Levi's, but this gets the point across. Also I'm not sure if they will paint the gradient in the Super Bowl logo, but I think this years Super Bowl should give a good indication since that game is also on grass (first in the templated Super Bowl logo era).

Where do you get the field endzone and logo templates.

The field template I made myself with help from SFCOM1 to get the field to scale with the exact dimensions (1px = .5in). Here is a link to the full template: http://cisprod.clarion.edu/~s_arsnelick/NFLFIELD/field.html

The logos come from this site, and I just re-size them and clean them up the best I can in paint. The endzones I make by sizing up the wordmark relative to the field, and center it with the logos.

Where do you get the field endzone and logo templates.

The field template I made myself with help from SFCOM1 to get the field to scale with the exact dimensions (1px = .5in). Here is a link to the full template: http://cisprod.clarion.edu/~s_arsnelick/NFLFIELD/field.html

The logos come from this site, and I just re-size them and clean them up the best I can in paint. The endzones I make by sizing up the wordmark relative to the field, and center it with the logos.

Thanks great job on feilds

28ahpn4.jpg

NbyQSAg.pngODa02WA.pngChTDCVV.png

I've always wanted to see these alternate end zones! I believe the Jets end zone in SB XVII though would have been white. Green helmets, green wordmark, white background. Thanks for creating these!

Can't have a white endzone with the white border the NFL requires.

I'm going to have to agree with jc... on that one, white is not a color that would ever work in an endzone. But silver would ...

Here is the nightmare scenario for Super Bowl XLIX. The NFL gets inspired by the College football national championship game field with their black endzones for branding purposes. So the NFL decides to go with silver endzones, because Goodell-bot knows good branding makes more $money.

EweQSk2.png

But all-in-all this might look better than two navy endzones.

Lastly I'll wait until media day to get the actual alternate field (Packers vs Colts) done and the actual field done in the Super Bowl Field Database.

Archived