Alternate Super Bowl Fields - Super Bowl LI (Steelers vs Packers)

pitt6pack

After seeing what the gold NFL logo would look like on the field, and after finally getting the number font at Levi's Stadium right, I decided to make a concept for the Super Bowl 50 field. I figured I'd post it here since this is more of an alternate field than an actual one.

RUHG1dm.png

I'm assuming they will keep the gold 50's and NFL logo for the game. I'm also thinking they will go with a less detailed Super Bowl logo, like last year, where they removed the gradient. I'm still not sure where the NFC logo will be, but I guess it will depend on who makes the Super Bowl. If it's the Seahawks again, I'd just assume it will be on the left, like the past two games. If its another team I have no idea what they will do, but I'm hoping the logo will return to the right side of the endzone.

I hope that this would be it :)

879inciu3010831.png

#PackerNation

#IgniteTheFuture

#GreenCollar

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great thread... Had fun looking at each field. Great work!

Thanks, and welcome to the boards.

Any chance that all 26 teams from the 1972 season can be done in Super Bowl VII's field art? I've been curious how some teams would look. Thanks

Well, I've already got four teams taken care of (Steelers Cowboys) and (Dolphins Redskins), so that would mean another 11 fields. Currently I don't have the time to do anything other than school work, and once the semester ends I want to finish up my work in the super bowl field database. After that I'll see what I can do.

• 5 weeks later...

I like what the 49ers done to their end zones this past sunday crossing my fingers for a return of the deuling helmets in the end zones come feb 2016

I hope so too, but I'm hoping they try to use the old templates. Looked a little better in my opinion. There were a few differences in the helmet and end zone styles Sunday that I noticed. All together not bad and this would be awesome if they had this end zone format for the Super Bowl, but I think the end zones for the actual Super Bowls was a bit nicer and neater. I think the large wordmark was nice, but the helmets were a bit too small and they didn't add any helmets stripes from what I can tell. And I guess I'm more of a fan of the helmet shape from the actual Super Bowl games.

Sunday

RO7t0rU.png

Super Bowl XXIX

920x920.jpg

Sunday helmet style

jzh5fu3cy78v1o3u1m024pp0b.gif

Super Bowl helmet style

49ers23_zpsawvprcks.png

Still a great looking field though, and I'm really hoping to see a similar style February 7th. The fact that this game took place at the site of Super Bowl 50 gives me hope.

• 5 weeks later...

1st post yay! (and with the Super Bowl coming up in 2 weeks to top it off).

A personal request I would love to see how the Dallas Cowboys and Cleveland Browns would look if they ever face off with the current super bowl template (since the Cowboys haven't been since the 90s, while the Browns have never went once) but it'd be cool to see anyways, along with Patriots vs Cowboys (dream matchup since I'm a Boys fan while my mom and bro are both Pats fan).

3 hours ago, VioletSportsFan89 said:

1st post yay! (and with the Super Bowl coming up in 2 weeks to top it off).

A personal request I would love to see how the Dallas Cowboys and Cleveland Browns would look if they ever face off with the current super bowl template (since the Cowboys haven't been since the 90s, while the Browns have never went once) but it'd be cool to see anyways, along with Patriots vs Cowboys (dream matchup since I'm a Boys fan while my mom and bro are both Pats fan).

Welcome to the boards! Here ya go

50-alt10.thumb.png.d95c92cb477471cdec867

50-alt11.thumb.png.c98752a6ca45d039e9a49

On 1/18/2016 at 9:53 PM, RayFinkle said:

pitt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's that time! Time for the possible SB end zones!! I know the official ones will be NE in blue, Denver in blue, AZ in red, and Carolina in black.

But, as alternate end zones, might you be able to drum up Carolina in blue? Broncos in orange? Pats in red? Please please?? :-)

50-alt8.thumb.png.49a890125e7c98185e5439

50-alt9.thumb.png.df927be1a95711814b31c4

I've been trying out gold in the conference logos the way the NFL would display them, and changed up the Pats endzone format so there is a logo on the left instead of nothing like last year.

I can't take anymore requests right now. I'm far to busy preparing for a blizzard.

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 8:21 PM, pitt6pack said:

Welcome to the boards! Here ya go

50-alt10.thumb.png.d95c92cb477471cdec867

50-alt11.thumb.png.c98752a6ca45d039e9a49

Awesome I love it, thank you so much (I would love to have that Cowboys endzone as my sig in both colors, since I've never seen Dallas ever use a Silver endzone before).

Although I'd prefer if the Flying Elvis logo is on it's proper side rather than right under the Patriots script as it feels weird in my opinion, it felt weird during Super Bowl XLIX (it made the game feel a bit incomplete with Flying Elvis right under it).

On 2/5/2015 at 7:47 PM, pitt6pack said:

Super Bowl XXV: Bills vs 49ers - Looks real good IMO.

Xqba1q7.png

pitt6pack Do you have any alternate fields put together with the Steelers and 49ers?

Super Bowls 19, 29 and 32 they were a game away from meeting in the SB. And realistically could have met in 27 and 30 also.

On 11/17/2014 at 9:16 AM, pitt6pack said:

Super Bowl XXXII

ZwNh3Ik.png

In the AFC championship, Pittsburgh benefits from a dropped interception in the third quarter, allowing Bettis to score a touchdown putting the Steelers down 3. In the fourth Kordell Stewart leads a drive down the field that ends in a 14 yard touchdown pass to Charles Johnson giving the Steelers a 28-24 lead with just over 2 minutes to go. The Steelers hold the Broncos and win the final playoff game to be played at Three Rivers Stadium. In the NFC championship the 49ers defense make Brett Favre pay for some risky throws as they come out on top 24-23.

< Super Bowl XXXI First Post Super Bowl XXXIII >

Here we go, finally a time when both lost in the conference championship games to see how the field would look.

I love these threads, your attention to detail is insane. I have two ideas for Super Bowl 50 field concepts.

1. SB50 logo at midfield; team helmets at the 25's; team logo, wordmark, and conference logo in endzone.

2. NFL logo at midfield; SB50 logo at the 25's; same endzones as request 1, but with the team and conference logos in helmets

Also, are any of your field templates public? I'd love to have a generic field .psd to use for concepts.

Again, huge props man. I really respect your work and the effort you put it, it's incredible.

I love, love, love this topic.

Two observations immediately come to mind - one - history sure could be a whole lot different! It's amazing how often the Browns and Raiders show up in the early years..... things could be really, really different. Two - We've missed out on some potentially gorgeous combinations, perhaps moreso than the ones that actually occurred, from an aesthetic point of view. I actually think I might do a companion thread on uniforms.

I keep think how awesome Bucs-Oilers or Vikings-Jets would have looked back in the day.

Archived