Alternate Super Bowl Fields - Super Bowl LI (Steelers vs Packers)

pitt6pack

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing that blows my mind..... the 49ers will be in this series 9 times.

Yeah, doing this series makes you realize that teams that make the conference championship and lose are more determined the next year than the teams that loose the Super Bowl. For example you have the 49ers, the Raiders seven times from 1968 to 1977, the Browns three times in four years in the 80's, and even the Jets in the '10 and '11 playoffs.

I've been working on the Buccaneers wordmark for some time now, and I think I may have finally got it right, or at least this is the best I'm going to get it.

BlvGQis.png

The wordmark on top is one I found on another image, and the bottom is what I have done. The orange will be different on the field, and I'm going to outline the wordmark. So on the field it will be an orange endzone with a white wordmark outlined in red.

Super Bowl XI

kAdfRf0.png

I'd have to give this one to Pittsburgh and their steel curtain defense, which had its best season in '76, and arguably the best defensive season in NFL history (hard to argue with five shutouts in the last eight games).

< Super Bowl X First Post Super Bowl XII >

Super Bowl XI

kAdfRf0.png

I'd have to give this one to Pittsburgh and their steel curtain defense, which had its best season in '76, and arguably the best defensive season in NFL history (hard to argue with five shutouts in the last eight games).

< Super Bowl X First Post Super Bowl XII >

So basically, Raiders vs. Vikings is pushed back one year in this scenario, right?

There had to be some weaknesses the Rams could exploit against Pittsburgh.

So basically, Raiders vs. Vikings is pushed back one year in this scenario, right?

There had to be some weaknesses the Rams could exploit against Pittsburgh.

Yup, Raiders and Vikings in XII.

I believe that all three of Pittsburgh's running backs were injured against the Colts in the divisional round, and obviously the Raiders were able to beat the Steelers (24-7). I'm not sure who would have been able to come back and play in the Super Bowl for the Steelers at running back, but they would have had a bye week.That year though I think the Raiders would have beat anyone because they had been coming so close to the Super Bowl the past few years and they were just in the right mindset. But even in this universe it would be hard to image the Steelers wouldn't win a Super Bowl with the team they had in the 70's.

Super Bowl XII

mMq0NAS.png

This is the last we will see of the Raiders for a while.

< Super Bowl XI First Post Super Bowl XIII >

So basically, the Raiders slump after this Super Bowl and don't come back until XXV.

The late 70's and early 80's are pretty much a power struggle between the Oilers and Chargers in this scenario, with an aging Steelers team still battling in the AFC.

In the NFC, we're going to see a Rams team declining and the expansion Buccaneers on the rise, with a reloaded Cowboy team in the mix.

Super Bowl XIII

67vVm7Y.png

These were two teams that got blown out in their respective conference championship games, but in this scenario it would be the NFC's 1 seed vs the AFC's 5 seed.

< Super Bowl XII First Post Super Bowl XIV >

They were the Titans at that point.

Your thinking 1999, this is 1978. They moved to Tennessee in '97 and were the Tennessee Oilers for two seasons before changing their name to the Titans in '99.

They were the Titans at that point.

Your thinking 1999, this is 1978. They moved to Tennessee in '97 and were the Tennessee Oilers for two seasons before changing their name to the Titans in '99.

oops wrong sb sorry i misunderstood

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

Super Bowl XIV

uXJ1ubZ.png

This is one of the fields that I really wanted to do a while back at the beginning of the Super Bowl field database, mainly because we never saw the Oilers in a Super Bowl or the Buccaneers from back in the day. I always thought the powder blue and florida orange would be a good endzone combo.

I might do a second field with this one with some changes to the Oilers wordmark and red for the buccaneers endzone as well.

< Super Bowl XIII First Post Super Bowl XV >

Super Bowl XIV

uXJ1ubZ.png

This is one of the fields that I really wanted to do a while back at the beginning of the Super Bowl field database, mainly because we never saw the Oilers in a Super Bowl or the Buccaneers from back in the day. I always thought the powder blue and florida orange would be a good endzone combo.

I might do a second field with this one with some changes to the Oilers wordmark and red for the buccaneers endzone as well.

< Super Bowl XIII First Post Super Bowl XV >

The Love Ya Blue Oilers vs. the Creamsicle Bucs. However, McKay's Bucs' glass slipper breaks as the Oilers strike oil in the hills of Pasadena and win SB XIV; 35-24.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Four teams you won't see in this series: Bengals, Cardinals, Giants, and Texans. And you will see the Seahawks, but as an AFC team. Keep up the great work!!

As well as the Detroit Lions. Just thinking of how that original Lions Wordmark would look on a Super Bowl field! ;-)

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

Archived