Revolution Logo Concept - Update 1 Posted

breakfast

After seeing the Columbus Crew (whom they NAILED A PERFECT CREST IMO) I felt the urge to create a crest for the New England Revolution, for the most part its pretty easy considering that I wanted to keep a feel from the original logo (the soccer crest, and the 7 original red stripes on the flag I came up with this rendition of a concept, for sure its only 50% finished at best but this is the stage where I find C+C helpful :)

Original:

rev1.png

Update 1:

two.png

sign_zps4131b0ad.gif be_zpsbdc59341.gif cargo_zpsbdc59341.gif dribbble_zpsa770bcd0.gif

I love how the top of the crest resembles a tri cornered hat. Very clever.

Couple things I don't like is the choice of font. Feel like it's already dated for what the MLS and other clubs seem to be going towards. Also the star ball. Yes it's a nice call back to their original logo, but just seems too NASL/amateurish for me.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I love how the top of the crest resembles a tri cornered hat. Very clever.

Couple things I don't like is the choice of font. Feel like it's already dated for what the MLS and other clubs seem to be going towards. Also the star ball. Yes it's a nice call back to their original logo, but just seems too NASL/amateurish for me.

The font, I have been playing around with for days, this is just the initial approach to layout of the font, but I can see the dated look to the name.

I do prefer to when updating any logo, keep a piece of the original as a nice flare to any new piece and lifelong fan of the sport, but I do see the amateur look, I've been working on a star ball that is going to take a fresh look, just overall havent been able to get it out of sketch stage.

Thanks for the input. :)

sign_zps4131b0ad.gif be_zpsbdc59341.gif cargo_zpsbdc59341.gif dribbble_zpsa770bcd0.gif

I love how the top of the crest resembles a tri-corner hat. As kewp said, very clever. It also solves the problem many MLS teams run into of using a generic-looking shield shape. I also agree with kewp about the font. I disagree on the ball, though. As a Revs fan, I like the nod to the past. Change the font, and this becomes a crest I would love to see immediately adopted by the team. Great job.

I love how the top of the crest resembles a tri-corner hat. As kewp said, very clever. It also solves the problem many MLS teams run into of using a generic-looking shield shape. I also agree with kewp about the font. I disagree on the ball, though. As a Revs fan, I like the nod to the past. Change the font, and this becomes a crest I would love to see immediately adopted by the team. Great job.

Thank you much, I have updated it slightly based off two comments thus far. still needs minor tweaking.

two.png

Sending it to the team in no way increases its chances of becoming reality; in fact, it may well decrease them, thanks to the lawsuit regarding the Ravens' original logo.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Sending it to the team in no way increases its chances of becoming reality; in fact, it may well decrease them, thanks to the lawsuit regarding the Ravens' original logo.

exactly, essentially thats what happened to me prior to getting a contract to work with the team that did Grand Canyon University and their new athletic package, they politely asked me to remove their name and essentially just asked me to hand them the concept, which sucked to say the least.

I really like the update, huge improvement over the current Revs logo. One thing I would do if I were you, send it in. Who knows, they might be pondering on whether to change the logo or not, and they might consider this one. Great job on it. Love to see some jerseys too

once I do some type fitting I'll be working on an entire package to hopefully offset and help make the logo seem reality.

Agree with Concepts_SM...change the "New England" font color and it will be perfect. The red is just too hard to read against that blue. I think white would be fine. Great job...Great Improvement. So much talent here!

the more and more I stared I started to notice that too, I almost went ahead and added gray to the color scheme but kept it simple and changed it to white and feel a ton better about it.

C'mon, man...you straight ripped the ball from my US Soccer crest: http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/98602-us-soccer-concept-t-shirt-on-sale-more-uniforms-added/#entry2232947

d4ecq.gif

I've seen your work before (specifically the Johnny Manziel logo) and you don't need to do this type of thing. You've got the potential to make it your own. Don't take the easy way out.

C'mon, man...you straight ripped the ball from my US Soccer crest: http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/98602-us-soccer-concept-t-shirt-on-sale-more-uniforms-added/#entry2232947

d4ecq.gif

I've seen your work before (specifically the Johnny Manziel logo) and you don't need to do this type of thing. You've got the potential to make it your own. Don't take the easy way out.

While I do see that it looks straight jacked, I will be straight forward and say that is actually a standard star ball, the star is the stock measurements and placement as well, I apologize if you felt like it was stolen, I don't see any way to fix it, except change the angles of the stars, you may even use that screen shot of the ball as well to show that they are the same, I added your image and mine as well to show the settings of the star (which is very stock if you ask me.) also if you notice in yours and mine, the balls ever so slightly are different, again my apologies if you felt that it was stolen.

ScreenShot2014-10-15at70729PM_zps8b18d70

Archived