Best Baseball Cap

PhlyBoy

Watching the playoffs got me thinking, who has the greatest baseball cap of all time? There are plenty of great ones. And lets not make this a *insert your team's cap here* thing.

What makes a great cap? Great colors? Great logo? Both?

I think my favorite of all time is Baltimore's, used in past and again now in present. Great use of colors that look great together plus one of the (in my opinion) greatest logos.

pMLB2-12114193dt.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching the playoffs got me thinking, who has the greatest baseball cap of all time? There are plenty of great ones. And lets not make this a *insert your team's cap here* thing.

What makes a great cap? Great colors? Great logo? Both?

I think my favorite of all time is Baltimore's, used in past and again now in present. Great use of colors that look great together plus one of the (in my opinion) greatest logos.

pMLB2-12114193dt.jpg

The pre 2012 version was far superior

That was a good one. Shame it was so short-lived.

I'm also partial to this one:

78042a_lg.jpeg

There's something so perfectly balanced about it. The midnight navy offset with red, so much better than the lighter navy version of the Indians. The symmetrical letter, perfect. I even like it in its original form:

coopre_bb_n01.jpg

Although not perfectly symmetrical, it's still rectangular. The Atlanta wavy "A" always struck me as too insubstantial to carry off this cap. It looks better on the all-navy road version.

tumblr_lgt1x5Tnst1qccki6.jpg

To me it's this. Great colors that complemented the uniforms. I am not too huge on the white panel, but I think because they added the blue and red panels, instead of just one color along the crown gave it an aesthetic beauty I like. Plus, the logo featured all three colors, giving it, in my opinion, a perfect balance.

Go A's!

Archived