2014-15 NCAA Basketball Thread: March Madness

LAWeaver

Gotta love Izzo in March, that guy is a stud.

Yeppers.

Mich St. is in my Final Four. One of the only things the talking heads got right was how underseeded they were.

I'm currently tied for 4th place in yahoo's ACC group lols. I'm a Noles fan, but c'mon... guy from Toronto takin' home that bacon??

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on their entire body of work, 7 is right around where I would have put the Spartans. Don't forget that they lost at home to Texas Southern, among their many, many losses this season.

You can't call WSU the kings of the sunflower state yet. This one win does not overtake the amazing history of basketball at KU. And it has been terrible listening to the bickering between the two. Why can't you support both?

Same here. Kansas got outplayed... which was going to happen eventually.

BTW, the Iowa-Gonzaga game for me is like picking which STD I want: Do I want herpes or do I want gonorrhea?

Kansas was also the one team that may have been able to stop Kentucky on their way to the Final Four.

Now the only one left is Notre Dame who can give any team fits if they're playing well including Kentucky. I just don't think Notre Dame has the horses though. Something about raw talent always seems to give every team problems no matter how good of a gameplan they may have.

Kansas was also the one team that may have been able to stop Kentucky on their way to the Final Four.

Wait... what?

UK goes 11 deep. KU has three players on their entire roster who can shoot.

Wait... what?

I put Kansas in that light because they have at least two NBA playes on that roster. That's probably what its going to take to beat Kentucky.

But your right Kentucky is so loaded I'm not sure what could really be with them outside of hoping they go out on an all night bender the night before.

Wait... what?

I put Kansas in that light because they have at least two NBA playes on that roster. That's probably what its going to take to beat Kentucky.

But your right Kentucky is so loaded I'm not sure what could really be with them outside of hoping they go out on an all night bender the night before.

Kentucky is beatable. They may not get beat, but they're beatable. Georgia would have beaten them a few weeks back if they hadn't pissed all over themselves.

IUe6Hvh.png

This is easily the worst bracket I've ever filled out. I only got 7 out of the sweet sixteen, 3 elite 8's already gone, and what's most remarkable - a perfect East region after the first round was 100% wrong after round 2.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Go Oklahoma.

Louisville/NC State? Ugh.

I'm sick and tired of Pitino/Izzo.

Tom Izzo has as many national championships as Jim Harrick, yet the way people praise him, you'd think he has 5 titles.

Between them and NC State with their 'We'll play when we want to play' mentality... unless the Sooners win, go South in the national semifinal.

Even if it's UCLA.

I never got to say this on Thursday, but IMO NC State got away with basket intereference on the LSU game winner.

I feel bad for Villanova- just because a couple of threes don't fail, a team that played well for 5 months is gone in favor of a team that seemed to give a damn occasionally and only show up when they wanted to.

I hate teams like that- teams that take games off, half-ass it for a month, give a crap occasionally, and luck their way to the round of 16.

Typical Mark Gottfried- never trust him when his team is supposed to do something, but never bet against him when nobody thinks they can win.

I'll admit, I didn't think Louisville would get to the Sweet 16. Now I'm going to have to spend a week listening to all the UofL fans boasting about how they're going to get to the Final Four (which is definitely doable with the way the region has shaped up).

Most UK fans I've run into still want to see Duke in the title game. They're still mad about the Christian Laettener shot in 1992, and the fact that CBS keeps throwing replays of it in their March Madness montages 23 years later.

Archived