2014-15 NCAA Basketball Thread: March Madness

LAWeaver

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A bubble bid is getting swiped by Wyoming.

Well, they may be knocking out one of their conference mates, either Colorado State or Boise State. By the looks of these Bracketology predictions, BSU was in the edge to begin with. CSU and San Diego State had a little breathing room....

Eaters Be Hungry. Congrats to UC Irvine on their first ever trip to the NCAA Tournament as Big West Tournament Champions knocking off a tough Hawai'i team 67-58. Irvine has the tallest player in College basketball, Mamadou N'Diaye 7'6". They also have a 7'2" player as well. We'll see who they matchup against, maybe Iowa State.

Arizona administered a 3rd absolute beating of Oregon this year by 28. A small monkey is off the back; first conference tourney win for the Cats since 2002. Bigger goals though are what the Cats are going for. Also flat out awesome win for the Anteaters!

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

The American is in the same level as the Mountain West, MAC, C-USA, Sun Belt and in basketball terms, the Big East, the A-10, Missouri Valley and the West Coast conference...two bid leagues at best.

Last season the A-10 got six bids, and the Big East got four. This season the Big East is projected to get five bids. A bit more than "two bid leagues at best".

The American, A-10, Big East, Missouri Valley and Mountain West are considered "high major" conferences. C-USA, MAC and Sun Belt are all Mid-Major conferences. The WCC is somewhere in between, because it would be a 1-bid league almost every season without Gonzaga pushing up conference ratings and providing conference teams with a chance to beat a top-15 opponent.

Wyoming is good enough to be a darkhorse to the sweet 16.

While 5-4 against the top 100 RPI, they don't score enough. Wyoming had seven games in which they scored 53 or less (one of which was an OT game, and a 3OT game in which they only got to 70.

Now that Maryland didn't make it to the B1G championship game, is it safe to say they get at least a 3 or 4 seed?

Most likely, but remember we are in year 3 of the "new" specific seeding procedures.

North Florida is probably my mid major love affair this year. Anytime someone makes it in for the first time will get my attention.

I may have spoken too soon, UC Irvine and America's (soon to be) favorite player 7'6" Marmadou are giving me a strong campaign.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

North Florida is probably my mid major love affair this year. Anytime someone makes it in for the first time will get my attention.

I may have spoken too soon, UC Irvine and America's (soon to be) favorite player 7'6" Marmadou are giving me a strong campaign.

Outside of being the tallest player in the NCAA, he is known for this:

Rondae dunks over 7'6" Defender: https://youtu.be/lsKuXYwbyhs

Getting dunked on.

This Taylor Johns dude from UC Riverside can dunk!!!: https://youtu.be/cFXeA_-6TBs

But Larry nance jr. Missed must of jan. So they don't score enough, but they also don't let others score, like that team in Charlottesville(UvA). Like vcu with out weber, the committee will take the injury into thought when seeding them.

Georgia State wins the Sun Belt, so the state does get represented. The coach tears his Achilles during the celebration. Kevin Ware gets to go back to the NCAA Tournament, and I'm betting the tournament committee puts GSU against Louisville in a matchup together.

As for Georgia....they should be in, but definitely no lock. The ESPN guy has Georgia comfortably in as a 10-seed while Yahoo has Georgia being the last at-large getting in. They've got four bad losses against them (two to South Carolina, one to Auburn, one to Georgia Tech), but they seem to have a tough schedule and enough quality wins to offset that.

Talking to Northern Iowa, CBS:How excited are you to play in the NCAA Tournament?" :wow: Probably the stupidest question.

What do you want them to say?: "You know, we're not that excited, we'd rather play in the NIT, Committee, make it happen. Thanks"

Archived